ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 07-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion
Quick Question Bandai Figure Stands

I was wondering, this morning while I was out I checked a local Asian Imports store and noticed these Bandai made figure stands. Mostly for Gundam Model Kits.

But I was wondering, are they good for any other kind of figures? They kind of looked neat and might be worth the price to get a few for dynamic action poses with certain figures. I doubt they'd support the weight of larger TFs, but for stuff like Scouts and Cyberverse, would they be any good? Or 3 3/4inch Joes and stuff?
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
Icetron
Master of the Universe
Re: Quick Question Bandai Figure Stands

Which figure stands did you see? Gundam Action base? Those are meant for the model kits only.

If you saw Tamashii Stages, there are 2 types but both types will generally work with all types of action figures (unless they're super heavy or have diecast).

There are the robot/mechanical version with a pentagon (iirc) shape for base.

The humanoid one has a rectangular base.

They both feature different kinds of attachments and generally work for most kinds of action figures.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion
Re: Quick Question Bandai Figure Stands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetron View Post
Which figure stands did you see? Gundam Action base? Those are meant for the model kits only.

If you saw Tamashii Stages, there are 2 types but both types will generally work with all types of action figures (unless they're super heavy or have diecast).

There are the robot/mechanical version with a pentagon (iirc) shape for base.

The humanoid one has a rectangular base.

They both feature different kinds of attachments and generally work for most kinds of action figures.
Oh, well these were in packaging loaded with Gundam images and even specified 1/144 or 1/100 compatibility, so I guess it was just the ones for model kits. A real shame too, I kind of got out of Gundam kits and don't feel like starting up again just to use those types of stands.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote