ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 01-29-2021, 07:46 PM   #3381
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collecti...aster-and-korg

https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collecti...nd-hela-2-pack

Skurge & Hela and The Grandmaster & Korg are $15 each. In store pickup only.

Unless you're just avoiding MCU altogether, Skurge & Hela is a must-have. Great likeness and detail on each figure.

***Edit***

https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collecti...-marvels-ghost

Luis & Marvel's Ghost $15 too. This one is still available online.
Thanks for the heads up. Picked up Skurge/Hela & Grandmaster/Korg.

Even at this price I am just not interested in Luis/Ghost. Kind of feel the same about Grandmaster/Korg, but I can see a use for them somewhere. Skurge/Hela is all kinds of hell yeah.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 01:20 AM   #3382
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Deluxe Thanos is available online at EB

https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collecti...ure-thanos-toy

also to anyone who was playing the longer game Storm x Thunderbird is now 51$
https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Hasbro-Mar.../745F9B16.html

Last edited by Lord Scareglow; 01-31-2021 at 01:22 AM.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 06:48 PM   #3383
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Frog Man remnants at WM in-store today were all upped to $32.97 on the price checker.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 10:59 PM   #3384
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Is it just me or does it feel like Marvel Legends have been losing steam lately? The hype that we had in the past for previous waves was awesome, but now it seems to be fading for all the current stuff. I dunno, what are your guys' thoughts?
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 12:23 AM   #3385
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

^ I would say over-saturation for the past couple of years. Plus price increases and way too many figures released. There were so many figures released that your wallet would cry if you collected everything and it would still be bad even if you collected 50% of the line.

Then there is under-availability of some exclusives, late exclusives, or over-availability of other exclusives.

As far as I can see, the FOX movie figures (Cable, Domino, X-men, etc.) were a bust in terms of sales, even if the figures themselves were awesome. Most shelf-warming at TRU and WM and on-clearance. Pirate Deadpool wave also shelf-warming at WM here for months.

If you've collected ML6 for the Hasbro duration, what exactly are you missing for the shelf besides a few missing A-lister figures, and a lot of C and D-listers? Is it really worth it to upgrade a figure you already have in slightly different paint or new head sculpt? I realize it helps new collectors to release these, so I can just pass on them.

They can release AOE or whatever (and another AOE coming later 2021?) and if that's up your alley, cool! But a lot of the past waves for me have been 'get 1 figure or... I'll wait for clearance'. I definitely took advantage of some $9 figures @ WM in 2020 that I would never buy at full price.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 01:01 AM   #3386
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Is it just me or does it feel like Marvel Legends have been losing steam lately? The hype that we had in the past for previous waves was awesome, but now it seems to be fading for all the current stuff. I dunno, what are your guys' thoughts?
For me it's the waves focusing on kind of "niche" themes, like AoA, PS4 games, Venomized wave, etc. that have me bored. Just more versions of characters we already have in abundance.

Also, there has been an explosion of exclusives in the past couple years. More than I can keep track of, and it's getting both tiring and expensive. Thankfully a lot of them have been slight repaints/retools of other recent figures, so I've been able to skip some of them, but it still adds to the burnout.

Looking back 5 years at 2015, we got:
- 6 regular waves (3 with 7 figs and 3 with 6 figs) all almost entirely comics-based
- 2 exclusive single/deluxe figures
- 5 exclusive multipacks

Compared to 2020, we got:
- 8 regular waves (4 with 7 figs and 4 with 6 figs)
- 24 exclusive single/deluxe figures
- 5 exclusive multipacks

That's a huge increase in exclusives, and I probably missed a few yet.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 03:47 AM   #3387
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Yeah, I see what you guys mean. The oversaturation of niche waves seems to be an especially big problem as of late (too much fricken Deadpool too). Also since we've moved away from the Avengers movies, I felt like some of the hype died off because of that too.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 04:33 AM   #3388
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

On the topic of Over saturation the entire Toy industry feels VERY over saturated at the moment. Not just with Hasbro but all the companies. Too much is coming out in a year cycle like others have pointed out and too many things are coming out back to back with no breathing room. I miss the days when releases were more spaced out and you could actually keep up with everything without going broke. The lack of availability and exclusives just makes it all the more stressful.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 06:29 AM   #3389
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Yeah, I see what you guys mean. The oversaturation of niche waves seems to be an especially big problem as of late (too much fricken Deadpool too). Also since we've moved away from the Avengers movies, I felt like some of the hype died off because of that too.
It's funny to think just a couple of years ago Deadpool was a goldmine. Anything and everything Deadpool was pretty much a guaranteed sale. Thanks in large part to the movies of course.

Now the latest comic run has been cancelled, there is no other media at the moment, and the toys are pretty much shelf warmers, or they don't hold any real aftermarket value.

As others have said I'm sure part of it is due to the over saturation of product (was anyone really asking for a talking Deadpool head?). However there is also character burnout. Once there is another movie maybe we'll see a resurgence.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 06:40 AM   #3390
abemecca
Cobra Trooper

Action figure collecting is not fun anymore. Just a hassle all around, between price increases, exclusives, repaints, lack of availability, niche releases and the crappiness of scalpers, Its become like a job trying to keep up with stuff and especially to find stuff. For example wwe figures are impossible to find or buy now.
abemecca is offline   Reply With Quote