ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 09-03-2014, 02:40 PM   #1
Robot rabbit
Clonetrooper
What makes you sell your toys?

I was streamlining my collection this past week, making some tough decisions. Lack of space, tired of looking at the same stuff and switching focus on different lines are my reasons.

I can guess that needing quick cash, gf/ wife asking you to get rid of stuff and moving are other obvious reasons to downsize.

What are your reasons and how difficult is it for you to let go of your once cherished possessions?
Robot rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:36 PM   #2
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon
Re: What makes you sell your toys?

Space. Collections can get pretty big pretty fast. I literally have no more space for any more Detolfs or book cases. Have to focus focus focus or else wifey gonna give me that look.

Another option is to rotate whats in your displays. That way you don't have to sell off as much.

MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #3
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

I sold a lot of my stuff for those same obvious reasons; specifically downsizing, lack of space, and the gf being shocked at how much stuff I've accumulated lol.

Other reasons included an overwhelming buyer's remorse with some items. I was so happy to find certain figures and purchase them, that once I got them home and opened them, the lustre soon wore off and I was left wondering why the hell I bought it in the first place.

Case in point - the Mass Effect Legion action figure. What a piece of crap that was. I ended up giving that toy to a kid when I was in Cuba a few summers ago lol.

Another reason is if a better version of the figure comes out, as can be the case specifically with respect to Marvel Legends and Marvel Select.

Once the 6 inch Star Wars Black Series came out, I began selling a bunch of my "3.75 SW figures, and will probably sell more.
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:44 PM   #4
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

I should mention I didn't just give Cuban children crappy toys lol!

I brought about 15 action figures along, including some McFarlane Halo, LOTR figures, Gears of War, and even that X-Men Origins: Wolverine 3.75 inch Deadpool figure that is going for crazy prices now.

If I go there again or some place similar, I imagine I will bring another pile with me.
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:06 PM   #5
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
I sold a lot of my stuff for those same obvious reasons; specifically downsizing, lack of space, and the gf being shocked at how much stuff I've accumulated lol.

Other reasons included an overwhelming buyer's remorse with some items. I was so happy to find certain figures and purchase them, that once I got them home and opened them, the lustre soon wore off and I was left wondering why the hell I bought it in the first place.
This. If I'm out hunting for some figure, I happen to see something else either on sale, or "rare" that I'm worried that I might regret later if I don't buy it now (because sometimes it takes a while for me to decide that it's cool and I should add it to my collection, by then it's gone from the shelves)... I buy it, always saying "I can return it later if I change my mind" which of course I always forget to do :-) I wind up with my fair share of buyer's remorse.

Ultimately once I run out of space, which this year feels like it's hit the limit, I will start to sell... there's only so much shelving one can squeeze into livable room.
Napseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:01 PM   #6
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Space mostly. To bring balance to the Force I then use the money I make to buy more stuff. Plastic-crack circle of life, I suppose.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:02 PM   #7
tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Space and funds mostly, selling items off gives me money to spend on other items.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 02:43 AM   #8
iammingy
Clonetrooper

Like everybody else, space is the main issue...
iammingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:47 AM   #9
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

There was 1 day I just lost interest in my ML collection. I think the shear volume was just annoying me, so I sold them.

I'm into Hot Toys now, so everything can be more appreciated.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:53 AM   #10
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

I find that if an updated version of a character I like more comes out I will replace it with that older toy.