ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 02-24-2011, 01:18 AM   #11
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: Wizard World Toronto Comic Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarwarsTF View Post
PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS maybe when it becomes like its American shows and stop shitting on the heads of CDNS just because it has wizard world attached to it then ill go back!! $35= a## raping!!!!

No CC, the same people and booths will be at fan expo! Toys are limited mainly vendors that take up too much room!! That sell nothing but flea market merch!

Just to be clear I think it should be noted that tickets to Fan Expo last year cost more than tickets to Wizard World Toronto 2011.

It seems to me that if they have the same vendors, and that is the main reason you are going, that it would make more sense to go with the less expensive convention.

To each their own but this show will be offering the largest assembly of Star Wars actors under one roof in the world this year. Thats gotta be worth something right?

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:40 AM   #12
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Just to be clear I think it should be noted that tickets to Fan Expo last year cost more than tickets to Wizard World Toronto 2011.

It seems to me that if they have the same vendors, and that is the main reason you are going, that it would make more sense to go with the less expensive convention.

To each their own but this show will be offering the largest assembly of Star Wars actors under one roof in the world this year. Thats gotta be worth something right?

True if your a fan of any expo go!!! The problem being that same actors come up every show the same vendors will be at expo and the same retailers will be at expo.

The other problem is please go to a wizard world in the states and you will know the difference. If you cant then dont worry im not too sure what attraction they have anymore, seeing that they have Comic cons now ie New York and Chicago. (vs WW)

In all, I go to Chicago and philly WW and they put on a show, plus its $50 us for four days and $20 per day. (if you dont want weekend pass) Plus they give you a hell of a lot of freebies and the exclusive nights to buy the con exclusives are only available to the four day pass holders. its like wonderland (Alice) but better lol.

Now with that said if i get free passes to this I will go!!! I will say Fan expo is a CDN thing and they pumped it well last year, WW just wasn't the same. but everybody should go!

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:15 AM   #13
Robimus
Super Moderator

I guess I can understand why someone with the means to travel to large American markets to go to conventions would find this lacking.

I still don't think what WW is presenting in Toronto, or Winnipeg for that matter, is "shitting on the heads of Canadians".

If someone wants to meet Celebrity "A", "B" or "C" paying $50 in ones hometown is a lot more cost effective than spending money for flights and hotels to travel elsewhere.

Merchandise wise, one will always be able to find anything available at a Convention on the internetz. Might as well just ebay stuff.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #14
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

I'll be there. The lineup of guests looks pretty good, and like Robimus said, it will give me the opportunity to meet some people I would never have the opportunity to meet like Billy Dee Williams. Plus Dustin Diamond will be there, I didn't notice that until this thread. Will be fun to see him in person. Stop by the ActionFigureNews.ca booth and tell us you're a member/reader, we might have some giveaways.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:31 PM   #15
CobraCommander
Jedi Knight

Dustin Diamond... they make action figures of that guy?

B/S/T Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Hisstank
Cybertron.ca

Feedback Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #16
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Maybe an inaction figure.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:12 PM   #17
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Hmmm...

Might have to go after all.

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #18
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!

WTF Dustin Diamond this may be a good time to go seeing my wife's cousin just divorced Zack Morris!!!

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:40 AM   #19
Robimus
Super Moderator

Old 03-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #20
Robimus
Super Moderator

Here, reposted, is an interview with Billy Dee Williams:

Moviefone briefly caught up with the actor before he heads into Toronto for Wizard World Comic Con 2011. We asked him about his role models and heroes, his propensity to play gangster-like characters and why he loves attending sci-fi conventions (he's only done hundreds!).

You were in several action/suspense TV shows before your break into movies. What made you take the leap?
Well, when you're an actor you just want to work. An acting career is like that – from moment to moment, it changes.

Several descriptions/bios of you online start off with the word 'Great-looking.' Have you always been complimented on your looks?
Well, I used to be. [Laughs] Fortunately and unfortunately. I'll admit it, though, I was a pretty good-looking guy. My grandson is beautiful, though. Just beautiful!

Did you have any particular influences or role models when your career was starting out?
I grew up watching James Cagney, Humphrey Bogart, Edward G. Robinson. The first movie I ever did, 'The Last Angry Man,' was with Paul Muni, who was the original Scarface. He was a great actor who I definitely looked up to.

There's a trend there with Cagney, Bogart – it's a gangster-y kind of feel. I can see how you used that with Lando Calrissian.
Of course. Actually I was just on 'White Collar,' and I played and old-time gangster, kind of a con man, counterfeiter.

You must enjoy playing that type of character. You've got it down pat.
Oh, absolutely! There's no question about it! It's really fun.

So how did you 'land' Lando?
Well, [director] Irv Kershner met with me, he came to my house, and we sat and talked. There was a great connection, and the role was mine.

It's difficult to conceive of anyone else playing Lando.
[Laughs] I agree with you! It's always nice to hear. I fell in love with Lando as soon as he was introduced to me. I couldn't wait to put that cape on. That was the key.

Lando is one of the most recognized characters from 'Star Wars.' Have you ever been hounded or freaked out at a fan convention?
No, I've found that generally the fans are really great. I always look forward to the conventions – it's like going to a town hall. I get a chance to meet the people who've been very supportive of everything throughout the years. It's a nice experience.

One of the best things about 'Star Wars' is its longevity. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.
My grandson's only three years old, and he's into it already. 'Star Wars' is a phenomenon, it's monumental.

Tags
darth maul, lando