ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 10-09-2020, 05:11 PM   #31
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe
Re: Star Wars Black 332nd Ahsoka’s Clone Trooper Released in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman82 View Post
I like that. You are doing what you want but still being respectful of other collectors. I personally just buy 1 of a character and only select ones that I like. and im an opener so damaged boxes don't bother me so when I do buy I tend to try and take the most damaged box and leave the clean ones for the MIB collectors. I'm sure a few people out there have me to thank for mint boxes in their collection lol.
I do that alot as well. Grab damaged boxes if I'm grabbing multiples as I have friends who don't open and alot who do so why not.
sixshot1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 09:10 PM   #32
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Yeah I hear ya. Thats fair enough I totally agree. There is nothin wrong with taking a bunch if you customize, or if you open, keep one MIB and then another for trades. Whatever the reason you do you But I can be upset if a see someone walk out with the whole case lol. Not enough to say something though cause really its not my place to say anything. The figures aren't mine until I buy them but Id take it as a you snooze you lose moment and move on to find it somewhere else. I think the real issue here is 6 per location.. and not even all locations. Like really? its a Walmart exclusive and you only sell 6 per store? Walmart wanted an exclusive so they could make chump change? 12 would have made more sense.. from what im seeing soon as they are In store they sell out in 1-2 days. Walmart is missing out by not putting more exclusives on the shelves.
Give it time. Other Walmarts will get them as well. I don't even think these have rolled out yet in American Walmarts, we are just getting something early for once so for now it's gonna be hard to track them down, but give it til the end of the month and they should start being more available. I live in a pretty collector friendly area/city. People don't generally scalp here, that's the only reason why I was able to get my troopers and I'm so thankful for that.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 10-09-2020 at 09:16 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 02:34 AM   #33
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Give it time. Other Walmarts will get them as well. I don't even think these have rolled out yet in American Walmarts, we are just getting something early for once so for now it's gonna be hard to track them down, but give it til the end of the month and they should start being more available. I live in a pretty collector friendly area/city. People don't generally scalp here, that's the only reason why I was able to get my troopers and I'm so thankful for that.
It would be great if that's the case, but I wouldn't bank on it. Stocking seems to be going the same as what they did with the WM exclusive 3.75" Retro ESB wave earlier this year. Only a few stores got them, and only a couple cases, without restocks. Maybe they will make more available on the website though.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 08:43 PM   #34
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
It would be great if that's the case, but I wouldn't bank on it. Stocking seems to be going the same as what they did with the WM exclusive 3.75" Retro ESB wave earlier this year. Only a few stores got them, and only a couple cases, without restocks. Maybe they will make more available on the website though.
How can you say that so early? These figures have barely even hit state side yet and seemed to only hit Ontario as of now when it comes to Canada. Plus we're still in the middle of a world wide pandemic, and things are still being held up in transit. Most Walmart's will likely get these guys. The 6 inch line is a hot seller and more popular than the 3.75 line and especially the retro 3.75 line which is more of a niche thing. Plus Star Wars isn't selling like it used to and a lot of stores are still sitting on old sequel trilogy figures that they made the mistake of overstocking. So a lot of stores aren't going to be as willing to invest into getting a lot of a product that they might have to sit on again. Last year my Toysrus sat on Black Series General Greivous like 4-5 cases sitting on the shelf for months. Same with the Jedi Knight Luke WM exclusive. They had like 30 of him just peg warming at multiple WM's around this time last year too. Now my Toys'rus and Walmart's only get in the Anniversary 6 inch figures and Archive Waves. The regular Black series releases are practically non existent here now. If they do get a case it's only like one and by the time I come by it I'm lucky if there's just one figure left on the peg from the case.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 10-10-2020 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-10-2020, 10:47 PM   #35
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
How can you say that so early? These figures have barely even hit state side yet and seemed to only hit Ontario as of now when it comes to Canada. Plus we're still in the middle of a world wide pandemic, and things are still being held up in transit. Most Walmart's will likely get these guys. The 6 inch line is a hot seller and more popular than the 3.75 line and especially the retro 3.75 line which is more of a niche thing. Plus Star Wars isn't selling like it used to and a lot of stores are still sitting on old sequel trilogy figures that they made the mistake of overstocking. So a lot of stores aren't going to be as willing to invest into getting a lot of a product that they might have to sit on again. Last year my Toysrus sat on Black Series General Greivous like 4-5 cases sitting on the shelf for months. Same with the Jedi Knight Luke WM exclusive. They had like 30 of him just peg warming at multiple WM's around this time last year too. Now my Toys'rus and Walmart's only get in the Anniversary 6 inch figures and Archive Waves. The regular Black series releases are practically non existent here now. If they do get a case it's only like one and by the time I come by it I'm lucky if there's just one figure left on the peg from the case.
Just going by Stocktrack.ca and recent history in my area. Of the 6 WM's in my region, only 2 of them have these listed as "Out of Stock". The other 4 says "Not Sold". In the past, this has meant that those stores were not slated to receive the item. They don't even have the shelf tags, while the other 2 stores do. I'm sure some areas will have a greater number of stores getting them than mine (GTA for instance).

I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but I have little faith in Hasbro and zero faith in Walmart Canada. They have given me little reason to have faith in them. In my area, only half the stores got Luke Jedi, and it was only 1, maybe 2 cases each. TRU is much better for exclusives. They usually end up getting a lot more eventually. Walmart not so much. For now, I'll be actively hunting them to try and get something before the scalpers. Because these figures are perfect scalper bait.

Maybe Hasbro will ship more. Maybe they'll get a wider release to other retailers. I could even see them maybe getting re-released in 2pks or something. Ahsoka + Trooper in one, the 2 Mandos in another. But I can just as easily see these never again seeing the light of day.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 11:34 PM   #36
Bman82
Red Shirt

Quote:
Just going by Stocktrack.ca and recent history in my area. Of the 6 WM's in my region, only 2 of them have these listed as "Out of Stock". The other 4 says "Not Sold". In the past, this has meant that those stores were not slated to receive the item. They don't even have the shelf tags, while the other 2 stores do. I'm sure some areas will have a greater number of stores getting them than mine (GTA for instance).

I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but I have little faith in Hasbro and zero faith in Walmart Canada. They have given me little reason to have faith in them. In my area, only half the stores got Luke Jedi, and it was only 1, maybe 2 cases each. TRU is much better for exclusives. They usually end up getting a lot more eventually. Walmart not so much. For now, I'll be actively hunting them to try and get something before the scalpers. Because these figures are perfect scalper bait.

Maybe Hasbro will ship more. Maybe they'll get a wider release to other retailers. I could even see them maybe getting re-released in 2pks or something. Ahsoka + Trooper in one, the 2 Mandos in another. But I can just as easily see these never again seeing the light of day.
I can confirm that this is the same in my area. Maybe half of the walmarts around me show out of stock but have tags ready for them in store. The rest that don't show up on the list do not have tags in store and from my understanding will not be getting any of these figures. I don't mind only select walmarts getting them but maybe 10minimum per store would have been nice.. not everything has to sell out in 2 days.. and even if they carried 20 per store and ended up with 5 on shelves after a week i still bet within a month the rest would be gone... we aren't talking about a peg warmer here.. these are troopers.. and a new unique one at that.
Bman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 01:10 AM   #37
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:

I definitely see what you're saying and agree. Some stores may not even get these depending on your location and if your Walmart even bothers stocking and ordering new toys. Unfortunately the collector market just isn't very big in Canada and we're always gonna get the short end of the stick. Plus retail stores just don't seem to be willing to invest as much into toys anymore like they used to. Like even 5-6 years ago compared to now is a night and day difference when it comes to availability.

Quote:
I can confirm that this is the same in my area. Maybe half of the walmarts around me show out of stock but have tags ready for them in store. The rest that don't show up on the list do not have tags in store and from my understanding will not be getting any of these figures. I don't mind only select walmarts getting them but maybe 10minimum per store would have been nice.. not everything has to sell out in 2 days.. and even if they carried 20 per store and ended up with 5 on shelves after a week i still bet within a month the rest would be gone... we aren't talking about a peg warmer here.. these are troopers.. and a new unique one at that.
Toys just don't sell like they used to and retailers aren't wanting to invest into making sure the availability is there anymore. It's the sad and unfortunate truth. Especially here in Canada since we just don't have the buying power as our friend to the South of us nor a collector community as big as them either. In general I just find retail stores have been lacking in product for nearly 10 years now.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 10-11-2020 at 01:21 AM.
Old 10-11-2020, 01:37 PM   #38
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

I'm really hating Walmart Exclusives. They are a pain to find and now I find out limited stores get them.

I never even got the ESB Retro Collection figures, because I only found out it was only at one Walmart in my area very far from me and they only had one shipment.

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 01:56 PM   #39
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
I'm really hating Walmart Exclusives. They are a pain to find and now I find out limited stores get them.

I never even got the ESB Retro Collection figures, because I only found out it was only at one Walmart in my area very far from me and they only had one shipment.
I’m not normally a fan of them, but so far every Walmart around me has carried this trooper. Maybe it’s just the area I’m in.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 08:34 PM   #40
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Seems like scalpers are really hitting these figures hard in my area. Looked on stock track. Shows people are buying the entire case at once. There was 2 walmart's though where someone only bought 4 and I myself bought 4. But we didn't clean the entire case out..like these guys are. So I'm pretty positive it's scalpers. Buying 6 of these guys in one go is just excessive in my opinion and I can't see anyone being able to afford to unless they are planning to resell.Really glad I got mine when I did cause these are going to be a bitch to get..

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 10-11-2020 at 08:38 PM.

Tags
ahsoka, clone, trooper