ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-06-2020, 08:52 AM   #2801
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

For anyone who missed the 40th Boba on vintage card, I noticed it's 34.16 on Amazon.ca. Shipping conditions might vary, but the price is good.
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 09:46 AM   #2802
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

I open all my figures so when they repackage exisiting characters in the line I just skip them.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:55 AM   #2803
EpicLumpia
Agent of Shield

Wow one walmart had 6 of the loyalist and now it shows zero on stock tracker. The Wal-Mart opens at 8 but there is a 2 hour delay to update so were they sold at 6 before the store opened?
EpicLumpia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 11:26 AM   #2804
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicLumpia View Post
Wow one walmart had 6 of the loyalist and now it shows zero on stock tracker. The Wal-Mart opens at 8 but there is a 2 hour delay to update so were they sold at 6 before the store opened?
Staff. Overnights can buy stuff starting at 6.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 11:32 AM   #2805
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Once I (If I) get Ahsoka I think I'm done with this line. This line literally just feels like it's Original Trilogy, Sequel Trilogy and The Mandolorian. Prequels are very neglected unless it's a Clone Trooper that's easy to repaint/retool and sell. Which is exactly what they're most likely to do next year. Sell repainted clones over and over again a long with milking the Mandolorian until the anniversary of ROTJ when they can repack and resell everyone Endor Leia, Han and Luke, Boba and milk the OT once again for a year. Not only that but the fact that these figures are more trouble than they're worth to find too. For ya'll who enjoy buying the same figures over and over again good luck to you but I think I'm out.

That’s how Hasbro operates. Look at Marvel Legends; they repackage and repurpose all the time.
I think the prequels are finally getting some attention and it’s only going to go up from here. The issue with exclusives has always been a problem, they consistently over produce or under produce sought after figures. The issue with these Clone Wars figures is this sense of desperation with them. Which is understandable, Wal-Mart hasn’t provided any information or reassurances that these will be back in stock by Christmas. It feels like once they’re gone, that’s it.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 01:22 PM   #2806
there_is_a_martens
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonestar View Post
I just got charged today for my BS Mandalorian pre-order on EB Games.ca so I guess the street date of 7/30/20 is still on track...yay !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Amazon shipped out my Black Series Armourer today. A pleasant surprise as it wasn’t supposed to be in stock until the 10th.
When did you order the Armorer? I ordered mine on November 1st and I'm still waiting for an order update.
there_is_a_martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 01:30 PM   #2807
Bman82
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Once I (If I) get Ahsoka I think I'm done with this line. This line literally just feels like it's Original Trilogy, Sequel Trilogy and The Mandolorian. Prequels are very neglected unless it's a Clone Trooper that's easy to repaint/retool and sell. Which is exactly what they're most likely to do next year. Sell repainted clones over and over again a long with milking the Mandolorian until the anniversary of ROTJ when they can repack and resell everyone Endor Leia, Han and Luke, Boba and milk the OT once again for a year. Not only that but the fact that these figures are more trouble than they're worth to find too. For ya'll who enjoy buying the same figures over and over again good luck to you but I think I'm out.
Literally just went to my TRU yesterday and saw padwan anakin, plo koon, kit fisto, obi wan, and dooku. lol.. so not sure where you are getting this idea from. Plus of course we are gonna have alot of mandalorian stuff right now.. its clearly hot and season 2 just started. They are gonna take advantage of the popularity. Also didn't we just get a jengo, a jar jar deluxe pack, bly, and we are gettting a cody archive soon.. im sure im missing some too... PT gets alot of attention too. I think its like when you buy a car you see it everywhere.. so you are focusing on something and not seeing the bigger picture.
Bman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 02:49 PM   #2808
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman82 View Post
Literally just went to my TRU yesterday and saw padwan anakin, plo koon, kit fisto, obi wan, and dooku. lol.. so not sure where you are getting this idea from. Plus of course we are gonna have alot of mandalorian stuff right now.. its clearly hot and season 2 just started. They are gonna take advantage of the popularity. Also didn't we just get a jengo, a jar jar deluxe pack, bly, and we are gettting a cody archive soon.. im sure im missing some too... PT gets alot of attention too. I think its like when you buy a car you see it everywhere.. so you are focusing on something and not seeing the bigger picture.
I don't think you're seeing the bigger picture with all respect. Compare the sheer amount of stock the Sequel Trilogy and Original Trilogy have to the Prequel Trilogy. We've only gotten 14 Prequel trilogy characters excluding clones since this line began. All Hasbro has been doing is repainting, retooling and reselling Clones over and over and over again. When we finally get a Padawan Anakin it's just a terribly done retool. They can make new sculpts for a bunch of characters from Disney era films that no one cares about and are shelf warming to this day but they won't make a new mold for the main character of the prequels? They put more effort into Jar Jar for god sakes. Now instead of getting a well needed Archive ROTS Obi-wan to go with Commander Cody we get yet another HAN AND LUKE like we really need more of them. I dunno. The way Hasbro has been handling the prequels has been pretty crappy in my opinion. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 11-06-2020 at 02:56 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 03:43 PM   #2809
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!

Both my chopper and armourer from amazon delayed and or cancelled lmao.

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 03:49 PM   #2810
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by there_is_a_martens View Post
When did you order the Armorer? I ordered mine on November 1st and I'm still waiting for an order update.
I ordered mine on the 3rd. It arrived today. There is no reason or order with Amazon. It’s all chaos.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote