ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-13-2020, 02:05 PM   #2871
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superksian View Post
Through the WM exclusive, I have witnessed how uncivilized people are and what a pandora box stocktrack is. Met 2 individuals hunting for Ahsoka. I went to speak to customer service at the front and they stayed. Guess they spoke to the person who manage the department and got theirs as they past the front of the store with the goods. We made eye contact as they were leaving and didn't say anything. After awhile, I found the employee who was able to help me.

I know I have contributed to the community through sighting. Unfortunately the fact of the matter is, there are a lot who don't but benefited many who have. I'm grateful for to those who have and are making the community better.

Within 10km, there's only 1 Walmart that may get some of these exclusive. I typically have to go more than 20km to get to one that for sure has them.

I get why Hasbro picks Walmart and Target because of their distribution across North America. Why make them exclusive, probably a business decision and the nature where the retailers demanded it because it doesn't make sense for consumers as it only benefits the retailers.
Woah dude what a bunch of ass hats. Did you at least get an Ahsoka or did they walk out with all of them? Sorry you had to deal with people like that..unfortunately there's a lot of selfish people in this community that could care less about the next collector. As long as they get what they want they don't care about anyone else. I think these boards are pretty good though people do contribute a fair amount. Yeah it's sad that there's a lot of people in this community that don't contribute. Like I've noticed there are a lot of accounts on here with zero posts which were clearly made to lurk the sightings threads. I wonder if the admin could implement something to prevent that but I think these boards are too old to do that and it would take traffic away from the sight so I doubt it would ever happen.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 08:25 PM   #2872
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Was going to order some of wave 27 from CMDstore. But I was hesitate about ordering from them because this was ordering from them for the first time and I don't know much experience from them. Sure enough, they sold out of Incinerator Troopers. Well now, they got more in stock. But I am still hesitate about ordering from them. I would like to order like an Armorer and 2 Incinerator troopers. But not sure about the prices. What would you recommend?

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 10:46 PM   #2873
DubbaDee
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
Was going to order some of wave 27 from CMDstore. But I was hesitate about ordering from them because this was ordering from them for the first time and I don't know much experience from them. Sure enough, they sold out of Incinerator Troopers. Well now, they got more in stock. But I am still hesitate about ordering from them. I would like to order like an Armorer and 2 Incinerator troopers. But not sure about the prices. What would you recommend?

Incinerator is $38.95 on there? $104 grand total for 2 of them? Yikes.
DubbaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 11:02 PM   #2874
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
What would you recommend?
I recommend toysnowman.com, but you have to get in on the pre-orders early enough. He does do additional runs of pre-orders for some figures (for instance, there is a 2nd run for the Armorer right now). He's very good with shipping and sends text alerts along the way as well.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 11:14 PM   #2875
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

18 Loyalists and 18 Ahsoka disappeared within the hour at the first WM they appeared-at here today. I saw them appear and then disappear in stocktrack this afternoon. 0 acquired at the store. Too late.

Gotta troop build that Ahsoka!
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 11:40 PM   #2876
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Personally... I hate CMDStore. I feel like they’re nearly as bad as scalpers. Their prices are all over the place, they have a weird inconsistency between their main site and how they sell things on Amazon and Walmart, and their shipping is ridiculous. Was going to order some Power Rangers from them and they tried telling me it would be $19 shipping for a single figure. Pfft. No thanks.

It’s just a weird thing with me though. I hate them like I hate beets; never tried them but I just know I don’t like them. I’ve never pulled the trigger and actually ordered anything through them, and probably never will. Some people on the boards have reported really positive interactions with them, but something about them just sets my Spider-Sense a tingle.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 11:59 PM   #2877
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Personally... I hate CMDStore. I feel like they’re nearly as bad as scalpers. Their prices are all over the place, they have a weird inconsistency between their main site and how they sell things on Amazon and Walmart, and their shipping is ridiculous. Was going to order some Power Rangers from them and they tried telling me it would be $19 shipping for a single figure. Pfft. No thanks.

It’s just a weird thing with me though. I hate them like I hate beets; never tried them but I just know I don’t like them. I’ve never pulled the trigger and actually ordered anything through them, and probably never will. Some people on the boards have reported really positive interactions with them, but something about them just sets my Spider-Sense a tingle.
I have bought precisely one thing from them because of this. I don’t like that their figures are $5-$10 more, plus they don’t have shipping deals. If I’m spending $200 on a Legends wave or Black Series, free shipping wouldn’t kill them. They also adjust the prices of what they consider hard-to-find and overinflated brand new figures by $20 or more. Better off waiting for product in stores than by buying from them.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 02:13 PM   #2878
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

I haven't seen Ahsoka or the Mando Trooper yet. But I'm finding that many other provinces seem to get more stock all the time, while my province only got one of the 332nd Troopers and the Mando Commandos and I have not seen anymore since.

Old 11-15-2020, 03:03 PM   #2879
Bman82
Red Shirt

Quote:
I haven't seen Ahsoka or the Mando Trooper yet. But I'm finding that many other provinces seem to get more stock all the time, while my province only got one of the 332nd Troopers and the Mando Commandos and I have not seen anymore since.
Not every walmart is getting the exclusive figures and the ones that do are getting at the least 1 case (6 figures per case)... but some locations are getting 2 cases which is better but in my opinion still not enough. Closets location to me had 12figs in stock over night.. opened at 7am.. by 7:05am all stock was cleared out and i was there to see it happen.. doors literally opened.. a bunch of us walked up and grabbed what we need and boom all gone.. i don't see a better reason then to restock then when an item is so popular that it clears off the shelf within 5 minutes of being on the shelf. they are dropping the ball on these exclusives..
Bman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 03:11 PM   #2880
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman82 View Post
Not every walmart is getting the exclusive figures and the ones that do are getting at the least 1 case (6 figures per case)... but some locations are getting 2 cases which is better but in my opinion still not enough. Closets location to me had 12figs in stock over night.. opened at 7am.. by 7:05am all stock was cleared out and i was there to see it happen.. doors literally opened.. a bunch of us walked up and grabbed what we need and boom all gone.. i don't see a better reason then to restock then when an item is so popular that it clears off the shelf within 5 minutes of being on the shelf. they are dropping the ball on these exclusives..
When you saw it happen, were there line people buying multiples of each figure? So many hoarders that you couldn't get one?