ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-21-2020, 11:17 PM   #2951
Ksteel
Mutant
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe2026 View Post
Yeah, it’s unfortunate that with all the Pandemic going on, there most likely won’t be a restock. I do hope they’ll have a Mandalorian version of her but I wouldn’t hold my breath.
I mean they just announced a Black Series Moff Gideon with darksaber. She could easily be revealed on an upcoming Mando monday.

The character's live debut is reportedly days away. Makes sense to get an Ahsoka with a proper face scan of Rosario; who will become the face of the character.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 01:56 AM   #2952
Bman82
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
I mean they just announced a Black Series Moff Gideon with darksaber. She could easily be revealed on an upcoming Mando monday.

The character's live debut is reportedly days away. Makes sense to get an Ahsoka with a proper face scan of Rosario; who will become the face of the character.
I agree with you for sure. There is no way they would make a greef and a quiil and not an Ahsoka. They know very damn well how popular the character is. Im surprised in fact they didn't make the boba fett from the first episode. I know we only saw him for like 10seconds but that fig would be very popular. They are gonna milk us dry for all they can. They are gonna make shit figures like flame troopers and remnant troopers but no ahsoka? yeah ok.. believe me, bo katan is coming, more tuskens, frog lady with egg pod, Ahsoka for sure, sabine if shes with her, id LOVE a season two greef cause that season 1 outfit just looks lame compared to his outfit now and lets not forget the marshal. lol.. so many possibilities and the show is so popular now that now is the time to make these figures.

Last edited by Bman82; 11-22-2020 at 03:46 AM.
Bman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 02:45 AM   #2953
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

“fish lady with egg pod”

I thought she was a salamander or something like that.
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 03:35 AM   #2954
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman82 View Post
I agree with you for sure. There is no way they would make a greef and a quiil and not an Ahsoka. They know very damn well how popular the character is. Im surprised in fact they didn't make the boba fett from the first episode. I know we only saw him for like 10seconds but that fig would be very popular. They are gonna milk us dry for all they can. They are gonna make shit figures like flame troopers and remnant troopers but no ahsoka? yeah ok.. believe me, bo katan is coming, more tuskens, fish lady with egg pod, ahsoka for sure, sabine if shes with her, id LOVE a season two greef cause that season 1 outfit just looks lame compared to his outfit now and lets not forget the marshal. lol.. so many possibilities and the show is so popular now that now is the time to make these figures.
They're gonna flood the line with Mando figures now until the RoTJ anniversary where they can start going HAM again with OT stuff.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 03:45 AM   #2955
Bman82
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post
“fish lady with egg pod”

I thought she was a salamander or something like that.
lol was typing too fast.. its frog lady. Definitely a frog. The child loves frog. lol
Old 11-22-2020, 03:50 AM   #2956
Bman82
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
They're gonna flood the line with Mando figures now until the RoTJ anniversary where they can start going HAM again with OT stuff.
I don't see why not. We've gotten plenty from all the other films or shows so far. I mean yes we could always have more but Mando is hot now.. so serve it while its hot. No doubt we will still get figures from the other lines but i do feel we will be seeing a good amount of mando figures or rereleases in connection with mando like the Tuskan.. or death troopers.

I do really wish they would have gone with a season 2 Greef though. I really don't like the season 1 outfit but season 2 outfit looks way more bad ass.
Old 11-22-2020, 04:30 AM   #2957
Ksteel
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
I laughed at some reviews on youtube for the latest episode (which was fantastic! I'd recommend it)... there were literally characters, troopers, and ships introduced just to sell the toys and they weren't subtle about it.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 10:28 AM   #2958
Superksian
Cobra Trooper

With the Archive series restarting 2021, is there an opportunity for them to bring CW Ahsoka in through that line? Just looking back at what they did with their Has Con Exclusive Heroes of Endor set and then immediately releasing the figures individually as soon as they stop selling the exclusive.

She is definitely going to get a Mandalorian release. All the figures and the merch are selling like hotcakes, it'd be a miss for them not to capitalize that!
Superksian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 10:41 AM   #2959
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superksian View Post
With the Archive series restarting 2021, is there an opportunity for them to bring CW Ahsoka in through that line? Just looking back at what they did with their Has Con Exclusive Heroes of Endor set and then immediately releasing the figures individually as soon as they stop selling the exclusive.

She is definitely going to get a Mandalorian release. All the figures and the merch are selling like hotcakes, it'd be a miss for them not to capitalize that!
With the Heroes of Endor set, it was a limited exclusive. Given how quickly they came out single carded, it was always planned they would have single card releases. With these Clone Wars exclusives however, they’re already at retail. She may show up in the archive series, but well down the line. All the figures so far are a few years or older.

As for the Mandalorian version, absolutely we will be getting one. We’re just not sure when.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 01:45 PM   #2960
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
I laughed at some reviews on youtube for the latest episode (which was fantastic! I'd recommend it)... there were literally characters, troopers, and ships introduced just to sell the toys and they weren't subtle about it.
Well yeah. Disney knows the Mandolorian is the only thing they've made that people actually like so they have to keep milking it. The only reason they are milking the OT trilogy is cause their sequel trilogy and other spin off films failed. If they had been a success the black series without a doubt would have just been Disney era figures. I mean this entire line is essentially Disney era figures, outside of OT of course. But I think Disney era may have more figures overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe2026 View Post
With the Heroes of Endor set, it was a limited exclusive. Given how quickly they came out single carded, it was always planned they would have single card releases. With these Clone Wars exclusives however, they’re already at retail. She may show up in the archive series, but well down the line. All the figures so far are a few years or older.

As for the Mandalorian version, absolutely we will be getting one. We’re just not sure when.
Even if she was in the Archive line she would just be another Boba Fett. Short packed, 1 a case and you'll be lucky to find her on pegs or online for retail.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 11-22-2020 at 02:08 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote