ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-28-2020, 01:45 AM   #1201
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphGrid View Post
MMPR Blue is due back in stock at Amazon.ca in December. I'd get him ASAP.
Already got blue, any sighting of black though?
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 03:48 PM   #1202
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Already got blue, any sighting of black though?
The only black rangers I've seen were at a Walmart in London ON, they got snatched up quickly. I had no reason to buy one because I already had dragon shield.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 03:53 PM   #1203
idcrisis
Red Shirt

Got 2 zeo reds and 2 black rangers from Walmart in the mail yesterday. Worst qc I've seen in the line yet. White plastics are yellowish/off-white. And why is it so hard for hasbro to paint a white diamond properly?
idcrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 05:00 PM   #1204
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by idcrisis View Post
Got 2 zeo reds and 2 black rangers from Walmart in the mail yesterday. Worst qc I've seen in the line yet. White plastics are yellowish/off-white. And why is it so hard for hasbro to paint a white diamond properly?
I know I sound like a broken record at this point but because Hasbro doesn't care lol. They know they can be as low effort as possible and get away with it since there is no other company on the market making Power Ranger toys outside of them. So they know Power Ranger fans will buy whatever they put out. I'm really convinced that there isn't a single Power Ranger fan in the Lightning Collection Team. There can't be. It feels like there's zero passion in this line and no one really cares about the final product.
Old 11-28-2020, 06:25 PM   #1205
Ksteel
Mutant

Quote:
Zeo Red Obscure? I don't think he's that obscure.
You might be right..

Quote:
I know I sound like a broken record at this point but because Hasbro doesn't care lol. They know they can be as low effort as possible and get away with it since there is no other company on the market making Power Ranger toys outside of them. So they know Power Ranger fans will buy whatever they put out. I'm really convinced that there isn't a single Power Ranger fan in the Lightning Collection Team. There can't be. It feels like there's zero passion in this line and no one really cares about the final product.

To be fair, the Power Ranger franchise is in the toilet right now.

Hasbro is putting in more effort here than they really need to.. honestly. Thus far, even their low effort products will have die-hards buying them up for prices that don't reflect the costs put in (like Drakkon Evo 3).

If the reboot gives Power Rangers a reasonable fraction of the success of Marvel and Star Wars, I suspect Quality Control will improve with this line.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 06:34 PM   #1206
dbaso
Clonetrooper

My Zeo Red had yellowish boots as well. Looks so weird next to Zeo blue sigh.
dbaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 07:46 PM   #1207
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
You might be right..

To be fair, the Power Ranger franchise is in the toilet right now.

Hasbro is putting in more effort here than they really need to.. honestly. Thus far, even their low effort products will have die-hards buying them up for prices that don't reflect the costs put in (like Drakkon Evo 3).

If the reboot gives Power Rangers a reasonable fraction of the success of Marvel and Star Wars, I suspect Quality Control will improve with this line.
The franchise is in the toilet but the fan base is very much still alive. Regardless of how well the franchise is doing or not, it should not have an impact of the quality of figures we get as well as QC. Hasbro already showed us they can bring good quality figures with Wave 1. However it's been down hill ever since. If Hasbro wasn't going to try with this line then they should have not even bothered. The entire line just feels like a souless cash grab. Especially with what they are doing now with the spectrum edition and repacks.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 11-28-2020 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-28-2020, 07:47 PM   #1208
Webs
Man of Spiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaso View Post
My Zeo Red had yellowish boots as well. Looks so weird next to Zeo blue sigh.
This is the problem with splitting teams into multiple waves, consistency.
Obviously it makes sense for a business to spread out the hot selling items, but then you run into mismatched white plastics, or some rangers having white trim on their visors when most have incorrectly had silver up to now.
This is just like Bandai's legacy MMPR figures having silver belts and missing paint apps on the morphers/belt buckles.
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 09:29 PM   #1209
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webs View Post
This is the problem with splitting teams into multiple waves, consistency.
Obviously it makes sense for a business to spread out the hot selling items, but then you run into mismatched white plastics, or some rangers having white trim on their visors when most have incorrectly had silver up to now.
This is just like Bandai's legacy MMPR figures having silver belts and missing paint apps on the morphers/belt buckles.
These kinds of errors and inconsistency should not be happening anywhere near as often as it is with this line. Without a doubt the Lightning Collection team is to blame for inconsistencies and the factory is responsible for the poor QC. What happened with Bandai was a rare occurrence. They were much more consistent than Hasbro overall. At least from what I can recall, I don't remember ever really having to go through like 5 different Power Ranger figures just to find a good one with Bandai.
Old 11-28-2020, 09:31 PM   #1210
Ksteel
Mutant

Quote:
The franchise is in the toilet but the fan base is very much still alive. Regardless of how well the franchise is doing or not, it should not have an impact of the quality of figures we get as well as QC. Hasbro already showed us they can bring good quality figures with Wave 1. However it's been down hill ever since. If Hasbro wasn't going to try with this line then they should have not even bothered. The entire line just feels like a souless cash grab. Especially with what they are doing now with the spectrum edition and repacks.
The spectrum stuff and repacks are keeping the line alive.

Lets be honest.. the current adult PR fanbase just isn't enough to justify such a line and keep the QC at the same level as ML or SW.

Maybe that will change if PR expands it's audience with this reboot, but currently... I really can't blame Hasbro for cutting back.

What I blame them for is wasting 4 years with Beast Morphers and Dino Fury... and keeping the show catered to 2-6 year olds. That definitely won't help with the merch sales for the premium lines.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote