ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-28-2020, 05:34 PM   #3221
Enforcer
Dark Knight
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
I'm not bothered by someone getting a figure before me. I don't care about that. I also don't care about waiting a bit either. What I have a problem with is distribution and availability being a gamble. Your TRU and WM may not ever get the wave. If they do they might sell out before you even know they got it. Then depending on your location they may not even restock. EB is an option but they don't carry everything and generally have limited quantities. Small online shops is also an option but you could be waiting months for your PO and they generally don't restock. So if you miss out, that's it. For those who are fortunate enough to be able to import from U.S Retailers all the time that is also an option, but it's not an option everyone can afford to be doing.

Going all digital would just make things even more impossible to obtain. Just look at how unreliable Amazon is with PO's when it comes to figures as well as Walmart. It would just be an even bigger headache with scalping bots thrown into the mix.
I can't think of any figures that have come out this year or last that I couldn't get for retail or just above if i somehow missed it upon release. There are a number of Canadian sites that you can reliably pre-order cases from.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 05:56 PM   #3222
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
I can't think of any figures that have come out this year or last that I couldn't get for retail or just above if i somehow missed it upon release. There are a number of Canadian sites that you can reliably pre-order cases from.
That's only good if you are a completionist who is into BAF's. I don't care for BAF's nor do I want every figure in a wave. I can't afford to be buying whole cases just for the figures I want either. Even if I did buy a case and try to sell the ones I don't want it's just a pain in the ass, Especially when there aren't as many reliable platforms to sell things on the secondary market like in the U.S. My choices are listing on Ebay where you're susceptible to high fee's or try my luck on Kijiji or FB collector groups/market place where too many people try to haggle or just flake.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 11-28-2020 at 06:02 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 06:00 PM   #3223
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
I agree, but I can think of a few waves where people might have missed out on one figure due to popularity, and not being able to find that one to finish your BAF. Mysterious comes to mind, from the Lizard wave.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 09:10 PM   #3224
Enforcer
Dark Knight

Quote:
That's only good if you are a completionist who is into BAF's. I don't care for BAF's nor do I want every figure in a wave. I can't afford to be buying whole cases just for the figures I want either. Even if I did buy a case and try to sell the ones I don't want it's just a pain in the ass, Especially when there aren't as many reliable platforms to sell things on the secondary market like in the U.S. My choices are listing on Ebay where you're susceptible to high fee's or try my luck on Kijiji or FB collector groups/market place where too many people try to haggle or just flake.
Yeah I dunno sounds like a pain for you... may need to rethink the hobby.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 09:16 PM   #3225
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Yeah I dunno sounds like a pain for you... may need to rethink the hobby.
That’s a good point; if the hobby causes you such extreme discomfort, it’s probably not a good fit. I may get frustrated but overall I really enjoy the whole aspect. Marvel Legends just keep getting better.
Old 11-28-2020, 09:20 PM   #3226
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Just picked up Cyborg Spider-Man and Black Cat from my local EB Games today, they look great.
Old 11-28-2020, 09:39 PM   #3227
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
Just picked up Cyborg Spider-Man and Black Cat from my local EB Games today, they look great.
I missed Cyborg; someone put the three on hold. But I grabbed Black Cat and Negative Zone and they look amazing.
Old 11-29-2020, 01:21 AM   #3228
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe2026 View Post
That’s a good point; if the hobby causes you such extreme discomfort, it’s probably not a good fit. I may get frustrated but overall I really enjoy the whole aspect. Marvel Legends just keep getting better.
Very good point.

Zeroflamez, with all respect, you haven't been on the board long, but just about every post I see from you is something negative or how frustrated you are with some aspect of collecting/not finding figs.

It doesn't sound like collecting brings you much joy.
Wintermute is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 02:53 AM   #3229
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
Very good point.

Zeroflamez, with all respect, you haven't been on the board long, but just about every post I see from you is something negative or how frustrated you are with some aspect of collecting/not finding figs.

It doesn't sound like collecting brings you much joy.
No, that's a valid criticism. You aren't offending me. I'm honestly pretty new to collecting domestic figures from companies like Hasbro, Mcfarlane etc. I only started summer of last year collecting domestic as I've been an Japanese import collector for about 10 years. I'm just very used to being able to preorder what I want and getting it without worrying and on time. As well as getting what I pay for and not having to worry about crappy QC or inconsistencies. I just don't understand how a company as old and big as Hasbro can't get their act together when it comes to distribution. I don't know, maybe I'm just too used to the well oiled machine that is the Japanese industry where distribution is consistent and on time and you never have to worry about your preorder falling through or getting delayed. We also shouldn't have to be chasing down these figures as much as we have to. Maybe I just don't have as much tolerance as you guys do when it comes to having to chase down Hasbro products.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 11-29-2020 at 04:23 AM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 11:58 AM   #3230
Sharkdog
Premium Blend

Quote:
No, that's a valid criticism. You aren't offending me. I'm honestly pretty new to collecting domestic figures from companies like Hasbro, Mcfarlane etc. I only started summer of last year collecting domestic as I've been an Japanese import collector for about 10 years. I'm just very used to being able to preorder what I want and getting it without worrying and on time. As well as getting what I pay for and not having to worry about crappy QC or inconsistencies. I just don't understand how a company as old and big as Hasbro can't get their act together when it comes to distribution. I don't know, maybe I'm just too used to the well oiled machine that is the Japanese industry where distribution is consistent and on time and you never have to worry about your preorder falling through or getting delayed. We also shouldn't have to be chasing down these figures as much as we have to. Maybe I just don't have as much tolerance as you guys do when it comes to having to chase down Hasbro products.
I don’t think anyone is fully trying to refute what you’re saying here
Hasbro’s distribution does seem pretty random sometimes. I guess that can be frustrating sometimes, especially when there’s something specific that you’re looking for.
I’m also mostly an import collector, there’s companies there that are pretty notorious for funky delays (I suppose MAFEX mostly).

If I recall, a member on this board, Hoffman, who owns Canucktibles made a post at some point going into it a bit more from his side as a small business.
I don’t remember exactly what he said, and I might have to try and find his post, but I think he mentions that the distributor that Hasbro uses is mostly at fault, and also how Hasbro prioritises larger stores over smaller businesses.

I want to add that it’s nice to see some proper civil discussion going on here
Sharkdog is offline   Reply With Quote