ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 04-08-2021, 01:20 PM   #931
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

554-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: The Green Goblin.

Hot take coming in: Despite the Green Goblin being overused and quite frankly ruined in past Spiderman movies I really want to see how the MCU would handle him. And I’m not joking about being ruined. Harry Osborn’s Extreme snowboarding Goblin from Spiderman 3 was almost the worst thing about that movie (which is saying a lot) however is practically amazing compared to the brutal version featured at the end of The Amazing Spiderman 2. Like what the hell were they thinking? And while “Into the Spider-Verse” is one of the best Spiderman movies to date, I’ve never liked the Ultimate (Earth 1610) version of Goblin as a big hulking monster. Can’t a fan just get a green cladded, purple hat wearing psycho that fly’s around on a Goblin jet? Please?

Pros: This is a great figure overall. Fantastic sculpt with a lot of molded detail in the costume, a terrifyingly creepy head sculpt that is not too cartoony looking, extra accessories including a flaming pumpkin bomb, a pumpkin bomb purse and a decent looking goblin sky flyer.

Cons: Two minor things: 1. The pumpkin bomb doesn’t really fit into his hand very well and the feet don’t really fit into the flyer very well. I think the issue is with the limited movement on the ankle joints that sometimes happens with these Marvel Legends figures.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 03:13 PM   #932
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

555-2
Hasbro- Transformers Generations: Orion Pax

This may sound a bit stupid coming from a fairly big fan of the Transformers, but I would REALLY like a more clear understanding of the Transformers universe. Iím good with the cartoons and movies, but Iím really lost when it comes to the comics, which is where a lot of these Generations figures are taking cues from. For instance, Orion Pax is supposed to be Optimus before he became Optimus, but I donít recall this ever being a thing in the media that Iím familiar with. And itís not like I have an issue with the idea of Prime having a life before leadership, in fact I think it would be a really cool series to do a G1 Prequel, but seeing as transformers seemingly live forever there it wouldnít be much growth in the characters. I suppose it could be cool to see Orion Pax learning from Kup, but that would suppose all the current transformers are a lot younger than Prime and a bunch of older transformers died since he took over leadership which would make it very difficult to care about these characters.

Pros: Orion Pax is a really fantastic figure and one of the better transformers that I have opened in the last little bit. The design is great and actually looks like a younger version of Optimus Prime, the robot mode is nicely articulated that allows for a number of different poses, the transformation is fun and not too complicated and the vehicle mode has a nice Cybertronian design that looks enough like a truck. I also appreciate both the Axe and the blaster that are brilliant homages to the Generation 1 Optimus that we grow to love.

Cons: While I appreciate the weapon storage in vehicle mode, I wish it was something more than an axe and gun hanging off the side of the truck.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/UyfhrUKl.jpg[/img
Old 04-09-2021, 03:13 PM   #933
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys