ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 02-05-2024, 03:25 PM   #1
philtastic
Master of the Universe
GameStop Policy Changes

As you probably know, GameStop Canada will soon be changing their Edge program. So far there are no official details about what this change will be. The only change at this point is that Edge memberships are not being renewed at this time. Whether they will be reinstated at the same level (or if levels remain at all) when the new program launches is an open question.

However, there is something else that is new as of today, Monday, February 5:

GAMESTOP'S RETURN POLICY HAS CHANGED

The return window is now 15 DAYS (7 days for Funko Pops). The GameStop website has yet to update with the new information, but it is online at their Customer Support (zendesk) website, here:

https://gamestopcanada.zendesk.com/h...urns-Exchanges

This new return window is in effect for all new purchases made as of February 5, and includes any preorders that ship on or after this date. Any purchases made prior to February 5 will honour the previous 30 days return window.

So, if you bought something on February 4, you have until March 5 to return it. If you buy something on February 5, you only have until February 15 to make a return.

Any new changes to GameStop's policies should be updated in this thread, going forward.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 03:27 PM   #2
philtastic
Master of the Universe
Re: GameStop Policy Changes

Personally, I think this new return policy is very indicative of the direction the company is taking. Along with the recent price hikes above MSRP, it leaves me with little hope that the new Edge program (or whatever they call it) will be anything but a significant downgrade.

I spoke to customer service about this, and the person I spoke with shared my concerns. Indeed, there was management change early last year, and we are now seeing the first results of that change.
Old 02-05-2024, 03:37 PM   #3
4lott
Master of the Universe

Any indication as to whether or not the edge discount will be affected ? That would be a bummer seeing as how right now for me GA is the best place to pick up action figures at a decent price
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 03:47 PM   #4
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

I spoke to an employee on Friday when I was in store picking up some $5 Friday figures.

I don't know when it was changed, but he said that all $5 Friday purchases are now "Final Sale" with a nice big red stamp on my receipt saying the same thing.

He mentioned that all the stores, outside of Mall stores, would be changing hours, if they haven't already, to shorter hours. That in turn meant he was having his hours cut.

So I would imagine the hardcore cost cutting is starting to take effect and whatever replaces Edge will be a big downgrade from Edge.

I hope I'm wrong, but if they are implementing all sorts of changes already I imagine the new program won't be "better" than Edge.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 04:08 PM   #5
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
I don't know when it was changed, but he said that all $5 Friday purchases are now "Final Sale" with a nice big red stamp on my receipt saying the same thing.

He mentioned that all the stores, outside of Mall stores, would be changing hours, if they haven't already, to shorter hours. That in turn meant he was having his hours cut.
I got the Final Sale stamp on my $5 Friday purchase as well, but they didn't say anything about it. Just stamped the receipt. I didn't realize this was another new policy.

The GameStop in downtown Montreal is in a mall, but it actually has much longer hours than every other store in the mall. I wonder how it will be affected.

Did he say when the change in store hours would happen?
Old 02-05-2024, 04:21 PM   #6
EpicLumpia
Agent of Shield

I want to add that on the receipt it now says that anything on clearance ending in XX.98 is now final sale so not just $5 Friday items are final sale.

I guess GS is following the foot steps of TRU and making all clearance items final sale.

Last edited by EpicLumpia; 02-05-2024 at 04:35 PM.
EpicLumpia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 04:30 PM   #7
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Oh, the Customer Service rep also said that they take feedback into account, so I encourage you to call in, or send an email, and tell them how you feel about all these changes.

How much of an impact that will have is questionable, but every bit helps. However, I have the distinct impression that the only real feedback that will sway them is when we eventually stop shopping at GameStop.
Old 02-05-2024, 05:43 PM   #8
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicLumpia View Post
I want to add that on the receipt it now says that anything on clearance ending in XX.98 is now final sale so not just $5 Friday items are final sale.

I guess GS is following the foot steps of TRU and making all clearance items final sale.
I have a receipt from Friday, but it doesn't say anything about 98 cents. Is your receipt from today?
Old 02-05-2024, 05:54 PM   #9
EpicLumpia
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
I have a receipt from Friday, but it doesn't say anything about 98 cents. Is your receipt from today?
Here are receipts from 2 different locations. Both receipts are from January 2024 so I guess they will be slowly updating the registers at each location.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240205_165035.jpg (86.1 KB, 35 views)
EpicLumpia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 07:14 PM   #10
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Looks like the party is over.

TRU and Walmart are out for me. Amazon only discounts pricing based on their competitors. Looks like Pulse might be the last bastion for reasonable pricing.

Either way I am actively trimming toy spending as it is so what effect these changes on me time will tell.

The announcement was around Black Friday and the fact they seem to be taking their time with the reveal tells me either feedback was initially not good or they wanna keep this as low key as they can.

I said before this company was in trouble, I guess the ripples are finally coming out.

Fun fact Gamestop CEO is from Montreal. I just hope he isn't one of these CEOs who restructures while pocketing as much as they can from the company before shuttering it...ala TRU. He has been accused of a pump and dump of Bed Bath stocks...so who knows.

This is not good news for toy collectors when the market keep jacking prices. Honestly they are all not shooting themselves in the foot...
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collectibles, figures, gamestop, return policy, toys