ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 08:27 AM   #1
joshimus
Convention Exclusive
Need help confirming issue with Toybiz Baf Galactus from ebay fraud

I sold a BAF Galactus on Ebay, complete, and the guy got it and says that he has two left legs. Now, my Galactus has been complete since day 1 of collecting all the figures so there is no reason he should have 2 left legs or left feet. Another thing, which is what I need confirmation on, is that I am pretty sure that Toybiz has 2 sizes for connectors. So you can't just put a left leg on the right connector and visa versa. Can someone confirm this? I'm fairly certain myself but now that I don't have it, I can't prove it. Also, the guy that bid has 1 feedback...from me, so his credibility is essentially non-existent, but Ebay also caters to the buyers, not to the sellers.
If someone here can confirm the connector that you can't just interchange the legs, that would help my case. I have 100% feedback and I don't want one liar ruining that.
The pics I have don't have a top view of the feet either so I don't have means to prove he's lying either, just the whole connector is proof.
Please help.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:34 AM   #2
wedge1021
Mutant
Re: Need help confirming issue with Toybiz Baf Galactus from ebay fraud

Yep, you're right, the legs have different sized connectors. Just checked mine. And the left leg has the smaller size hole, so you can't even "fake it" by putting a left on the right side. And inside each connector hole on the leg it says either "R" or "L".

It's a-holes like that that have ruined ebay, and is the reason I have been hesitant to sell stuff on there anymore. Ebay as a company does not go out of their way to help the sellers. Best of luck to you, hope you get the guy. Let me know if you need any other help with the Galactus parts (photos, etc).
Old 04-08-2015, 08:40 AM   #3
joshimus
Convention Exclusive

Thanks. I am trying to contact ebay to let them know about this before he files a complaint. They don't have a general contact email to get ahold of them. It's pissing me off. I figure if I contact ebay and let them know the situation before the buyer does something, than it helps my case. Why does ebay even have a contact ebay section when you can't contact them?!
Old 04-08-2015, 08:48 AM   #4
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

That's brutal man! I am glad someone here confirmed this. I have a Galactus but he's complete so I'm not sure if I could check without pulling his legs apart (which is difficult to do I am told).
Old 04-08-2015, 09:25 AM   #5
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Sorry to hear that. Good luck fighting this nonsense.

Question.

Have you set up your preferences on EBay for selling? It allows you to set restrictions on who can bid and what criteria they must meet/have to bid.

I did that about 2 years ago and it really reduced the problem bidders on my auctions.

Also don't forget you can add people to your blocked list as well for future protection.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:11 PM   #6
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

Are the feet articulated? Maybe he was referring to the feet, not legs. In that case, he may have a leg to stand on (pardon the pun) if there was an assembly problem at the factory (wrong part installed). Then he could claim you sold him a defective figure. Maybe your eBay ad has a pic of the toes/feet to confirm this is not the case.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:36 PM   #7
jsilliker
Red Shirt
jsilliker's Ebay Auctions

canprime is right about the seller preferences. Totally changed the selling on eBay game for me. Got burned a few times as a seller, but once I made the adjustments. It's been smooth sailing since. Do yourself a favor and check out your "buyer requirements "
Old 04-10-2015, 03:47 AM   #8
narita
Agent of Shield

Hi,

If you go to "Help and Contact" on top of the My Ebay Summary page and click on "Contact Ebay" then "Selling" and then "Report a Member", you should explain your situation to ebay. In my past experience, ebay favored me with 100% feedback than the buyer who had 93% feedback. The buyer claimed he never got the item and tried to get his money back but I was protected because of my feedback. Hope this is useful info and everything works out.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:11 PM   #9
FETT1
Agent of Shield

First off...call them....go to the bottom of the page and click contact !

Secondly don't sell on Ebutt ...they nickel and dime us to death ...

Thirdly...Please people if you see the GLOBAL SHIPPING program on an auction ..either write the seller first to see if there is a cheaper shipping method or ignore it all together....its a huge cash grab ...!!

Now back to your regular broadcast day....
Old 04-11-2015, 09:24 AM   #10
joshimus
Convention Exclusive

We got things sorted out. Everything is fine. Thanks everyone. I appreciate it.
Closed Thread