ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 10-30-2021, 03:29 PM   #61
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Don't forget rusty too.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 06:58 AM   #62
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Daily update:

Skystriker - 4,703
Rancor - 3,951
Proton Pack - 5,802

So the Proton Pack is maintaining a strong pace. Seems to be still on the track I mentioned before.

Skystriker continues to expand it's lead on the Rancor. Now almost 750 units more than the Rancor.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 12:47 PM   #63
cobralegion
Decepticon

Quote:
Why would Hasbro change now?

As for the Skystriker, remember that the most recent release was being clearanced for $20 at Walmart. So, again, why bother if you are Hasbro or Walmart? This way Hasbro can produce it for a bigger profit while limiting risk. It also works to ensure if fans want it, they have to pony up the full amount. If you don't see the value, which is understandable, then you don't have to get it. Also note that the most recent release of the TVC Slave One (oops sorry Boba Fett's ship) was $150US (at retail) and it came with just a stand and Han Solo in Carbonite. That is a, roughly, equivalent item to the Skystriker. So at least Hasbro is putting on the show of this being a bigger value with all the extras.

But releasing an item that people would only buy on clearance for $20 ten years ago for $285 now seems insane to me. Slave 1 was also overpriced for just a rerelease of a rerelease but the original was $110US back in 2010 so $150 wasn't too big a change. In the end people can spend whatever they want, I was just hoping for a lot more from Hasbro. Star Wars has gotten some amazing Haslabs that are huge with all new tooling and GI Joe gets a leftover.
Personally if I was going to spend $285+ shipping on a Skystriker I'd hit Ebay and buy one from 1983. They can be found with the box for around that price or less.
cobralegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 02:37 PM   #64
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Daily update:

Skystriker - 4,703
Rancor - 3,951
Proton Pack - 5,802

So the Proton Pack is maintaining a strong pace. Seems to be still on the track I mentioned before.

Skystriker continues to expand it's lead on the Rancor. Now almost 750 units more than the Rancor.
Thanks for these updates. Would be nice if you'd include the target numbers.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 04:44 PM   #65
cloud
Master of the Universe

I backed the proton back.
It really is a good time to be a Ghostbusters fan if not a bit too redundant with the same figure releases.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 05:05 AM   #66
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Skystriker: 4,671 / 10,000
Rancor: 3,975 / 9,000
Proton Pack: 6,067 / 7,000

Again the Skystriker continues to expand it's lead on the Rancor. Now closing is on almost 800 more units than the Rancor.

The Proton Pack continues to chug along nicely. Less than a thousand to go for funding. At this pace it should be fully funded before the end of the week.
Old 11-02-2021, 06:36 AM   #67
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Skystriker: 4,812 / 10,000
Rancor: 4,019 / 9,000
Proton Pack: 6,364 / 7,000

Time to get it right. NOW the Skystriker is closing in on 800 more units than the Rancor. Apparently I can't count according to yesterday!!! Either way the Skystriker continues to slowly creep away from the Rancor.

The Proton Pack jumped 300 in a day, so at this rate it should be funded before Friday. I'm definitely intrigued by the numbers for this one, I really didn't think it would be this popular. Especially since it is the most expensive of the 3 Haslabs running right now. Plus, plus, it requires extra purchases to make a whole unit, of which some of those purchases Hasbro doesn't even make.

I really thought the Rancor would be the leader right now. Out of all 3 fandoms SW is by far the biggest, but I guess the GB fans said "hold my beer."
Old 11-02-2021, 06:42 AM   #68
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Oh and it looks like the ML team learned, at least, a little something from the Sentinel project.

I got an email yesterday asking me to vote on which of 3 options I preferred for the box art for Galactus. So I guess they realized it might behoove them to try and include the fans a little more during the production process. The Sentinel really only had updates from the ML team during Fan Firsts. Even Unicron had in factory production updates/photos, packaging updates as well. A nice bit of behind the scenes peeks to see what was going on with Unicron.

I hope they keep it up.
Old 11-02-2021, 09:15 AM   #69
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Rancor deserves to be in third place currently with its lackluster presentation, a 3D model, and 0 tiers shown. Better bring out the big guns or it will be a long month to go.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 10:16 AM   #70
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
Rancor deserves to be in third place currently with its lackluster presentation, a 3D model, and 0 tiers shown. Better bring out the big guns or it will be a long month to go.
Yep.

Seems they are following the ML model for Haslabs. Dribs and drabs, and we want you to make it worth our while to show you more.

It was terrible during the Galactus project, and it still is now.