ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 04-21-2014, 06:09 PM   #21
Stevan
Cylon Centurion
Re: Toys"R"Us Has Record Losses in 2013

Yes according to the sales guy I spoke to today. He said once you order from them they will deliver to your house or drop it at the store for you to come and pick it up. He also told me that some free shipping will be offered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammingy View Post
Wow... How does that work? They set up counters where people can place orders and/or pick up (pre-)ordered items?
Stevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:05 PM   #22
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!

They have been doing this for the past two years at both the Kitchener and Winston Churchill locations in Ontario. Just it wasn't visual to the public. They have also started a layaway program at the Brampton location.

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:11 PM   #23
FETT1
Agent of Shield

...Da ship is SLOWwwwwwwly sinkin...me CApTaiN!
FETT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:09 PM   #24
joshimus
Convention Exclusive

I despise dealing with Wal-mart and Target for toys. Most of the time their departments are in shambles. TRU is a toy store and I hope they don't shut down cause if I have to rely on Wal-mart or Target, I'm just gonna order online.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:58 PM   #25
comicbookboy
Cobra Trooper

TOYS ARE RUST
Old 04-22-2014, 11:55 PM   #26
cobralegion
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETT1 View Post
ADIOS....their customer service at HO is brutal...I know a manager from one of the EDMONTON stores...indication is STORE level has no direct contact with buyers ...so little if any input is allowed !And try finding out if item's are available ??? GOOD LUCK ..the manager I know says there is so much frustration at store level.

The north EDMONTON store treats many collector's like some evil eyed bandit most of the time !!It really is to bad that many stores have died over the years (TOPS AND TOYS ,TOY CITY , TOYS n' WHEELS)only to be stuck with a very limited amount of toy sources like WALFART,TARGET-ugh ,
It will be interesting to see how TOYS R US CANADA does this year ....hopefully there is light at the end of this tunnel ????....flicker flicker......
This!! Its sad that they drove so many smaller stores out and even caused some of the bigger stores like the Bay to stop selling toys altogether but they did it with decent prices and mostly lots of inventory. When TRU showed up here in 1994 they had a great action figure area. I couldn't wait until the next payday to head there and always knew I'd find something. This lasted until about 1999-2001 and then it seemed to fall apart. I wonder how much the overstocking of TPM( Episode 1) scared them and all of a sudden they started getting in only a few of each item. Now I go in about once every 2 weeks and usually walk out with nothing. Its all about the inventory..If I could find it in store I would buy it there rather then hassle online with shipping and all but they seem to not want to care anything. They basically were their own worst enemy..drove out the competition, got lazy and cheap and now people have moved on.
cobralegion is offline   Reply With Quote