ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 09-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #11
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!
Re: What toy line do you have trouble finding in stores?

Dont blame the retail in Canada for having incomplete waves you got to blame the MFR who doesn't offer up the assortment upon time in ordering for this country.

So ex: Hasbro with SW figures they dont call up the buyers and tell them whose in the case assortment, just that their new packaged and the first wave of the new year ie saga figures new packaging but its all wave 1 again from 2007!!!

Somebody want to ask Hasbro why they constantly screw the consumer over and over again??? with new packaging but 2 year old figures. Thats just my opinion

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:12 PM   #12
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
There is no way anyone is not seeing Transformers and Star Wars in stores. there are huge sections dedicated to these toy lines. You may not see the toy you are looking for right away but the presence is there.
My local Zellers has not had Star Wars, old or new, for almost a month now.

They just restocked their TFs yesterday. Ever since the movie endcaps dissappeared they took everything with them.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:35 PM   #13
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post

They just restocked their TFs yesterday. Ever since the movie endcaps dissappeared they took everything with them.
Ok, Zellers I can understand!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:15 PM   #14
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
Ok, Zellers I can understand!

yeah, Zellers has a terrible toy selection
CTO15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:01 AM   #15
Robimus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarwarsTF View Post
Dont blame the retail in Canada for having incomplete waves you got to blame the MFR who doesn't offer up the assortment upon time in ordering for this country.
I think there is blame to be shared to be frank.

Look at the recent Legacy: A New Hope Wave from about two months back. I saw them on the pegs in TRU once and only in one of the two Winnipeg Toys"R"us's at that.

TRU and I'd assume the other big retailers obviously had the oppurtunity to bring these in as they have been reported as sighted on their shelves....but then where are they? If I hadn't happened to walk into TRU that day I would have never seen them at retail in MB.

Since your privy to some inside information StarwarsTF I have a question. If TRU has over ordered on certain waves of figures do they then order less of the future waves?

I've just always wondered about this because it seems sound. If you have X number of cases of Clone Wars figures that haven't yet sold is there a chance that individual TRU's then order less of the next several waves with the hope of moving the older figures along with BOGO sales and what not?

Going back to 1999 I know Walmart put this into effect with the Episode One figures. They ordered so many of the first assortment, figures that didn't preform as well as they thought, that when the next assortments became available Walmart didn't even bother bringing them in.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:59 AM   #16
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post

Since your privy to some inside information StarwarsTF I have a question. If TRU has over ordered on certain waves of figures do they then order less of the future waves?
Ooh, if you have an answer to this, StarwarsTF, I would dearly like to know as well! Because it certainly seems like they order less later on...

As for blame, every time someone brings up a question about distribution to Hasbro or Mattel or any other big manufacturer, they tend to shift the blame to the retailer, saying it's up to them to order what they want/need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
Same here. The first SW figures I'd seen at a Zellers in months were the recent CW Battlepacks my girlfriend spotted a couple weeks ago. Other than that: bupkiss.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #17
TSHawkeye
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTO15 View Post
Zellers has a terrible toy selection
Not for me. The Mic Mac Mall Zellers has better stuff cheaper than Toys r us next door. I got a few things there I had never seen at TRU
Old 09-13-2009, 10:27 PM   #18
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSHawkeye View Post
Not for me. The Mic Mac Mall Zellers has better stuff cheaper than Toys r us next door. I got a few things there I had never seen at TRU
really? wow. thats the opposite for me. The toy selection is always behind in time, and overpriced quite a bit.
CTO15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #19
TSHawkeye
Red Shirt

They do have some older stuff but Ive found ALOT of Joe stuff there that TRU didnt have yet(or never got, the last things being a Tiger Rat and Python Patrol Conquest) and I find the MU and Joe figures are about $1 less(I always used to check there first for MLs too, they were cheaper than TRU by $2). Those are really the only things I buy with any regularity so I dont know about Star Wars of TFs
Old 09-15-2009, 08:02 PM   #20
VIT
Arashikage Weapons Master

25th anniversary gi joes that aren't canadian cards. being a collector in this country is depressing.
not only do we get shitty generic cards with no file cards but they shaft us buy not including all the figures released in a certain wave or the last of the line to be produced doesn't even get carded for us.