ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 04-07-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
jimbing
Cobra Trooper
THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY!

Every collector has those moments where they look back and say...."Damn! What was I thinking!" Here are some great figures I regrettably passed on...

1- Marvel Legends Hasbro Crossbones - at a comic convention. I think to myself"$30 bucks?? This just came out, what a rip off. Bah, I'll just wait to get it at Walmart!"

2- Wolverine Origins Deluxe Deadpool with over sized cannon for $8 at Samko-Miko "Meh, what am I going to do
with a 3.75" Deadpool? I don't collect in that scale!"

3- NECA Striker Eureka at 2013 Action Figure Expo $24 bucks "Looks cool, but the movie wasn't that good. What am I going to do with another robot? I'm here to find Archangel!"

Ah well, win some, lose some...

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCyV_haa6n0AZS0dhYRwOpQ
jimbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:23 PM   #2
cloud
Master of the Universe
Re: THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY!

I thought Pacific Rim was a great movie. It's just the figures aren't as articulated as I hoped. But the 18" stuff is great.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:51 PM   #3
aquanet
Agent of Shield
aquanet's Ebay Auctions

I was thinking of starting this thread today!!

just recently, A-bomb and Abomination at TRU, I figured I'd just wait an extra day for the sale. Go back the next day, gonzo.

The big one, I tell this story all the time. I passed on 3-4 Marvel Universe Ms. Marvel (Warbird) at Dufferin Mall walmart (they go for about $50-80 at some cons).

Marvel Universe Blade at Real Canadian Superstore on clearance.

Marvel Universe Omega Red at a comic store in my area for about $25, I thought it was gonna be at walmart in a couple of weeks. Boy was I wrong haha.

My Trade List | Follow me on Twitter
aquanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:38 AM   #4
jimbing
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquanet View Post
I was thinking of starting this thread today!!

just recently, A-bomb and Abomination at TRU, I figured I'd just wait an exta day for the sale. Go back the next day, gonzo.

The big one, I tell this story all the time. I passed on 3-4 Marvel Universe Ms. Marvel (Warbird) at Dufferin Mall walmart (they go for about $50-80 at some cons).

Marvel Universe Blade at Real Canadian Superstore on clearance.

Marvel Universe Omega Red at a comic store in my area for about $25, I thought it was gonna be at walmart in a couple of weeks. Boy was I wrong haha.
ooooo, those Ms. Marvels, wow, that one sounds painful, Blade and Omega too,

Good news is Walmart seems to have a restock on universe a bombs, I've been seeing them all over, sorry, Ive been to so many Walmart recently I cant remember which has what
, but a few Walmart have a bombs. I say Walmart too much.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:29 AM   #5
Jko
Red Shirt

S.H.Figuarts Super Saiyan Vegeta.

It was sitting, collecting dust, at an LCS in Winnipeg and I kept passing by it because I was more in to G.I. Joes at the time. It must've been on the shelves for a good 2 months.

I started collecting S.H.Fs when Dragon Ball Z first came out and never realized how amazing the figures were. Got an SSJ Goku and ran back that to the store, that same day. POOF! Gone, especially for 49.99...

SSJ Vegeta is now 200+ on eBay and rarely less than 120 on the import figures websites I buy from.

He's my "Great White Buffalo..." Le sigh.
Jko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:10 PM   #6
jimbing
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jko View Post
S.H.Figuarts Super Saiyan Vegeta.

It was sitting, collecting dust, at an LCS in Winnipeg and I kept passing by it because I was more in to G.I. Joes at the time. It must've been on the shelves for a good 2 months.

I started collecting S.H.Fs when Dragon Ball Z first came out and never realized how amazing the figures were. Got an SSJ Goku and ran back that to the store, that same day. POOF! Gone, especially for 49.99...

SSJ Vegeta is now 200+ on eBay and rarely less than 120 on the import figures websites I buy from.

He's my "Great White Buffalo..." Le sigh.
I like that great white buffalo term. Yeah, only recently did i discover how awesome figma is

Old 04-08-2014, 02:03 PM   #7
comicbookboy
Cobra Trooper

The only thing I regret not getting is Green Lantern Movie Parallax.

Then again, I gave up Parallax for other better figures. But now that I want a Parallax even more, i can't find him anywhere anymore.

Then there are a lot Iron man figures that I passed on mainly because I have a lot of iron man's but when I think of it I could've have made a mega Iron Man suit gallery.

other than those two nothing serious.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:46 PM   #8
Zone55555
Clonetrooper

I turned my nose up at the Boga when SWIII:RoTS was in stores, I could've had it for $5 easy on discounts.

Now I'm kicking myself as it's a prominent hole in my collection and the ebay prices have been ludicrous whenever I've looked.
Zone55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:00 PM   #9
aquanet
Agent of Shield
aquanet's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbing View Post
ooooo, those Ms. Marvels, wow, that one sounds painful, Blade and Omega too,

Good news is Walmart seems to have a restock on universe a bombs, I've been seeing them all over, sorry, Ive been to so many Walmart recently I cant remember which has what
, but a few Walmart have a bombs. I say Walmart too much.
I know they aren't super rare, but getting it for under 10 would have been great too. I can live without A-bomb.

I missed Omega Red a couple of times, Silver Snail was sold out 10 mins before I got there! Damn!

Catwoman Bishoujo, I kick myself all the time when I see it at LCS for up in the $200 range. Could have got it for $50, but passed.

My Trade List | Follow me on Twitter
aquanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:49 PM   #10
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicbookboy View Post
The only thing I regret not getting is Green Lantern Movie Parallax.

Then again, I gave up Parallax for other better figures. But now that I want a Parallax even more, i can't find him anywhere anymore.

Then there are a lot Iron man figures that I passed on mainly because I have a lot of iron man's but when I think of it I could've have made a mega Iron Man suit gallery.

other than those two nothing serious.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think Bounty Hunter Toys in Hamilton may have the Parallax BAF. Call them and ask!
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marvel legends, marvel universe