ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 11-28-2021, 01:08 PM   #141
ghostlurk29
Mutant
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post
I don't think the Skystriker will make it.
I hope it does, but I don't think it will.
Have they shown-off anything since the initial reveal?

I'd like to see the stock look of the Skystriker before backing. The renders look great, but it gives the appearance of panel-lining, which I doubt the final product will have.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 01:23 PM   #142
dawingster
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
Have they shown-off anything since the initial reveal?

I'd like to see the stock look of the Skystriker before backing. The renders look great, but it gives the appearance of panel-lining, which I doubt the final product will have.
Youtube - G.I. Joe Skystriker HasLab - Design & Detail, Part 1

Youtube - G.I. Joe Skystriker HasLab - Storytelling

Youtube - G.I. Joe Skystriker HasLab - Pilot Ace and Lt. Wayne Ruthel
dawingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 06:44 AM   #143
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Skystriker: 5,817 / 10,000 (+29)
Rancor: 4,762 / 9,000 (-11)
Proton Pack: 11,557 / 7,000 (+213)

So the Skystriker just refuses to budge. I had hoped by now we would see some kind of bump in the daily numbers, but it is staying close to the daily average every day.

The Proton Pack is chugging along nicely still. Really nothing to worry about here.

The Rancor lost backers again!! I really thought it had turned the corner after 2 days of gains, but it looks like it is stuck. With just over a week to go it is a mystery as to where it will go from here.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 05:33 AM   #144
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Skystriker: 5,833 / 10,000 (+16)
Rancor: 4,753 / 9,000 (-9)
Proton Pack: 11,794 / 7,000 (+237)

So the Proton Pack keeps chugging along nicely. No worries here.

The Skystriker continues to move at a snail's pace. However it is still adding backers so there is hope. I would have thought Hasbro would have done a bigger announcement about the card backs for the figures in this project.

And the Rancor.........................another day of losses. I guess the good thing is that it seems to have hit a bottom. It is still above the low of a few days ago. However it seems there is a barrier at the 4775 level. Since the free fall from the final tier reveals it had a high of 4773. 6+ days to go.
Old 11-30-2021, 10:09 AM   #145
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Hasbro should still produce the Rancor for the people that stuck around despite the terrible way this campaign has been handled, even if they take a loss, as a way to thank those fans, but they won't.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:22 AM   #146
usernameprime
Cobra Commander

I wonder if the size of the rancor also contributes to the numbers. I mean, it's huge and that's awesome but there comes a point where a toy is too big to display proper.

For every collector with a neat and tidy collection room that is spacious and easy to fill up more there is like 10 collectors who work with cramped/messy space along with bins of toys that can't be displayed cause there is only so much space to go around.

I wonder how many Unicron owners still have it boxed up in a closet cause there is simply no space to display it proper.
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:38 AM   #147
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

That's a good point. Even if I wanted one and the money to get one I have no where to put it anyway. But even by that logic, Galactus is bigger(I think? At least in height) and he got backed no problem.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 11:21 AM   #148
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Yeah I don't think size is an issue with the Rancor. He is one of the shortest Haslabs to date (of the "big" items").

I think the perceived value is not there. Otherwise it would probably be like the Skystriker and Proton Pack. Continually adding backers, even slowly. However the Rancor lost backers for a week straight, and 10 of the last 12 days. That is a clear sign that you made a mistake.

Now there is always a chance the FOMO of the final days could turn it around, but I just don't know.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:24 AM   #149
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameprime View Post
I wonder if the size of the rancor also contributes to the numbers. I mean, it's huge and that's awesome but there comes a point where a toy is too big to display proper.

For every collector with a neat and tidy collection room that is spacious and easy to fill up more there is like 10 collectors who work with cramped/messy space along with bins of toys that can't be displayed cause there is only so much space to go around.

I wonder how many Unicron owners still have it boxed up in a closet cause there is simply no space to display it proper.

I know Robo from the Fwoosh has said that his Unicron is still in box and he was using it as a coffee table for a bit.

My Sentinel is back in the box and stored during the holidays since I just don't have the room right now, and my motivation to reorganize is low until after the holidays. So yeah space is always an issue unless you have unlimited space. I think that is why some smaller Haslabs, like Victory Saber, might do better. Also the number of large figures/vehicles at a "reasonable" price, that are also popular enough to warrant a Haslab is probably pretty small. To which the Rancor seems to be making that case right now.
Old 11-30-2021, 12:58 PM   #150
Napseeker
Dark Knight

My Jabba Sail Barge remains unopened for years. I wanted it, but literally have no space to open it up and display it (of course, one always hopes to someday clear off something or sell off a piece of furniture to find that room).

It's a huge reason why I didn't back the Razorcrest. I'd rather reserve what little room I have left for a future Haslab featuring the Death Star playset or Imperial Cruiser bridge playset. A 6-inch scale anything was never going to be something that I'd seriously consider backing.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote