ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Canadian Action Figure Marketplace > Action Figures on Ebay

Old 07-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
RCGUY
Red Shirt
Bad ebay experience! Seller a scammer??

Im not sure if this should be posted here or not, but I recently had a bad experience with a seller on ebay and wanted to come on here and warn fellow collectors. I purchased a MIP Vintage Collection mail-away rocket firing Boba Fett from the seller 'rapena'. The first picture is from the ebay auction, this is what I thought I was buying. The second picture shows what I received.
I immediately opened a paypal case and have since escalated it to a claim. Paypal hasn't made their decision yet, but I can't imagine they would side with the seller, he said some things that would make you question his story. This is actually my second time dealing with a bad seller or buyer. Does anyone have any input on my situation, or even a story about dealing with bad sellers or buyers yourself?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg starwars.JPG (28.8 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4620.jpg (69.1 KB, 71 views)
RCGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #2
zeusguy
Super Friend
Re: Bad ebay experience! Seller a scammer??

Hmm, odd. What was the sellers story? I know this seller, I've purchased many loose star wars figures from them in the past and never had any problems with them before.
zeusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
RCGUY
Red Shirt
Angry Re: Bad ebay experience! Seller a scammer??

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusguy View Post
Hmm, odd. What was the sellers story? I know this seller, I've purchased many loose star wars figures from them in the past and never had any problems with them before.
Thanks for replying zeusguy. I see that he has 8863 transactions and a 99.7% positive feedback, so he must be doing a lot of real business. He claims that he had 2 Boba Fetts, and the picture in the auction is of the second figure that he traded with someone else. He claims that the box he sent me was never opened, it stayed sealed from Hasbro. He says he didn't open the box, but he could tell that there was a figure in there because it was heavy. His comments in the Paypal dispute were rude, and he refused to honor his 14 day return policy. I'm pretty angry about the whole thing as you would imagine.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
zeusguy
Super Friend

Is the bubble on the Fett card actually sealed? It is entirely possible that is is an error from the factory, but it really is the sellers responsibility to check these things out first, I got one of these things a while back and they're really light so I don't think simply holding the box is enough to know if the figure is in there or not, so you definitely should be refunded.
zeusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
RCGUY
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusguy View Post
Is the bubble on the Fett card actually sealed? It is entirely possible that is is an error from the factory, but it really is the sellers responsibility to check these things out first, I got one of these things a while back and they're really light so I don't think simply holding the box is enough to know if the figure is in there or not, so you definitely should be refunded.
No, the bubble had been ripped open. I hope I will get refunded, this has left me wanting to close my ebay account for good!
Old 07-16-2012, 09:41 PM   #6
Sam
Red Shirt

Were the 2 boxes sealed?

Just curious.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:55 AM   #7
RCGUY
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Were the 2 boxes sealed?

Just curious.
No, both boxes were open.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:09 AM   #8
pud333
Master of the Universe

We have a feedback section in the sales section, but we should also have a "Bad seller list" in the eBay section.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #9
aquanet
Agent of Shield
aquanet's Ebay Auctions

I've had some bad experiences on ebay, the worst was the guy only sent me 4 figures, when all the pictures had 7 figures. Cards were bent, wrapped in paper towel?? He told me to send it back, but wouldn't pay for shipping, and would only refund part of my money. I filed a grievance, nothing happened.

I googled this guy based off his contact info and address, turned out he was on a sex offender registry.

Found out later he ripped off a few other people.i just accepted the loss and figured it was the risk of buying stuff on ebay.

My Trade List | Follow me on Twitter
aquanet is offline   Reply With Quote