ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 02-25-2015, 12:20 AM   #21
JTCh
Toku
Re: I open a toy & post it here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Believe it or not I picked him up from a closing Target last week. I didn't realize it eaither until I saw him. I'm sure that the Disney Store will have him eventually though.
Thanks! I'll check out Target first, not sure where's the closest Disney store anymore, seems like most of them closed down as well.
JTCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:19 AM   #22
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

I'm there every once in a while, I'll let you know if I see him.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:04 PM   #23
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Disney Infinity 2.0- Marvel Super Hero's; Drax

I already made my new found love for GOTG known in a previous post, so I will spare you the gushing again. But, I will take this moment to say how impressed I was with Dave Bautista's performance in the movie. Sure, it wasn't Shakespeare, but he held his own. Drax had a few of the laugh out loud moments in the film, but also could back it up with being a total bad ass. I do hope to see more of him in the sequel. The figure itself is stylized in the vein of all the Infinity figures. I'm very impressed with the how much personality flows through on this sculpt, it really looks amazing. I can not stress how awesome these figures are in terms of a cool representation of a character, regardless of the video game connection; these figures make perfect desk accoutrements and will have a place in my collection well after the video game is forgotten.

Pros: Awesome sculpt and representation, the base hides the "tech"

Cons: Like all Infinity figures this is a static figure.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:06 AM   #24
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Playmates- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; original comic book Raphael

Big fan of these original designs and since I'm cheap I missed out of the NECA versions, but unfortunately these figures are a bit of a letdown. Sure the sculpt is bang on, but the articulation is weak considering the range that these guys should have from being ninjas and all. Probably the last TMNT figure that I will buy unless they drop the price of the revoltech figures, or they do another refresh of the brand.

Pros: Awesome look right out of the original comic.

Cons: no wrist swivels: makes for awkward poses.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:16 AM   #25
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

012 & 013
Disney Infinity 2.0- Marvel Super Hero's; Rocket Raccoon & Iron Fist

Ok, I'm getting a bit back-logged so I'm going blitz through these new Infinity figures. I'll get back to more traditional figures soon, but these things have been on sale.

Rocket Raccoon: Really captures his bad ass, guns-a-blazing sculpt. Little big for my tastes and does not fit very well with the others GOTG figures, but I'm not so sure that scale was a big concern in the design.

Iron Fist: I hate the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon; it's terrible. I believe that this sculpt is taken from that design. However, I do not hate this figure; in fact, it's pretty great, so I'm torn. Also, what a crazy time in which we live; Iron Fist in figure form? Who would have guessed? Maybe that means I'm one step closer to have my beloved Sleepwalker toy that I have always wished for.

Cons: No articulation

Old 04-03-2015, 08:25 PM   #26
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

014 & 015 & 016
Disney Infinity 2.0: Disney Classic- Aladdin, Merida & Donald Duck.

Aladdin- The diamond in the rough himself. Good likeness and sculpt capture his happy-go-luck street rat attitude.

Merida- Captures a great look and showcases her ability with a Bow; also glad her hair is still crazy and unkempt. Even included the blue sprit from the movie- very cool nod.

Donald Duck- One of the original and also my favourite. They captured his attitude perfectly.

Cons: No articulation

Old 04-03-2015, 08:25 PM   #27
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Old 04-18-2015, 01:15 AM   #28
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Hasbro- Star Wars The Black Series: Darth Malgus

Another character in the expanded universe that I'm not really familiar with, but he certainly looked interesting; I guess I'm a bit of a sucker for EU and random characters. This figure specifically has some faults in toy form though. Firstly, I'm pretty disappointed with the lack of ball joints on the hips. Full knee movement means nothing if the hips have no action. The other odd thing is with cloak. Yes it is a very nice addition, but I can't seam to figure out how to attach it to him so it looks natural. Overall I'm sure that EU fans love the opportunity to have him, but can't help but be a bit disappointed.

Pros: nice beefy figure, great sculpt, obscure character.

Cons: No ball joints on hips, limits poses. Odd inclusion of cloak that doesn't really fit well.

Old 04-18-2015, 08:39 PM   #29
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Thinkway Toys- Pixar; Mr. Incredible.

The Incredibles continues to be one of my favourite Pixar movies to date, so when I saw that these 6", articulated figures were coming out I was very excited. Overall I like it, but it certainly does not feel like a $25 toy. The plastic feels cheap and the toy has very little weight to it, but it's not evident by just looking at it. It comes with a decent stand and a decapitated arm that he used the movie to immobilize one of Syndrome's robot minions; a nice touch, but kinda meh IMO. I understand that Syndrome will be available soon, but I would love to see the rest of the cast, including Frozone.

Pros: good articulation, great likeness.

Cons: bit pricey, feels a bit cheap.

Old 04-25-2015, 02:17 AM   #30
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Hasbro- Star Wars The Black Series: Star Killer (Galen Marek)

Alright, a EU character that I actually know. Starkiller, an awesome homage to an early draft name that later became Skywalker, is the lead character to the successful video game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 1 & 2. For the most part I enjoyed 1 playing through 80% of it, but I left 2 to be played by my son who has way more patience for games. He liked it, but cleared it in an afternoon. The character is pretty interesting as I understand that he has an equal draw to the light and dark side of the force and the figure has accessories to compliment both 'sides'. Much like the other Black figures there is a decent amount of detail and good accessories, but still no hip joints to allow for more dynamic posing which I feel is essential to this toy and therefor overall disappointing.

Pros: First version of this figure? Appropriate accessories.

Cons: No ball jointed hips!