ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 03-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #71
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!
Re: Flavour of the Week

Not toys per say, but I'm starting to pick up movie posters.

I got a free final release IM 2 Poster from a friend from Famous Players. So with the Michael's 40% off sale, it has been framed and place in my collection room.

this is what the poster looks like

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2010/03/o...n_2_poster.php

I also have coming in Thor teaser poster, IM 2 teaser poster and I'm hoping my buddy can get me the Captain America one.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:21 AM   #72
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

This week's flavour I honestly had no idea even existed until yesterday when I stumbled across Sean Long's review on YouTube. Although I am a diehard DC fan, I have a soft spot for a few Marvel Comics characters, Iron Man in particular and was extatic to learn of the 6" Armored Avengers line that was released earlier this year.

However, I had no idea how extatic I would become when I discovered Titanium Man was being released, and not a movie-verse take, but a classic comic appearance version!

After discovering the review, I promptly did some further research and everything I read or watched praised this figure in every last aspect and I am happy to say the figure really lives up to all the hype!

Titanium Man (Boris Bullski) features a superb paint job. While the green coloration on the suit may be slightly brighter than what Iron Man fan's are used to seeing, it still works really nicely. It almost has a shimmer-like quality to it and mixes well with the addition gray and orange colors that make up Titanium Man's overall color scheme. It's also a very flawless paint job with no runs, smears or bleeding, which is a nice change given the QC issues we saw with last summer's Iron Man 2 6" line of figures.

Articulation is vast, however it is restricted in the head and sholder/arm area due to the massive sholder pads included on the Titanium Man armor. The figure also features articulation in the legs, wrists, biceps, waist, abs, thighs, knees, ankles and features a ball joint head. Also, as a side point, the sholder pads are slightly ajustable, which is a nice touch.

By way of accessories, Titanium Man sports a double missile launcher, which is simply a recolor of the same weapon included with the 6" Iron Man movie-verse Titanium Man from 2008. This time around the missles are painted orange instead of green to add a bit more color to the figure. They fire nicely and although I am very skeptical about these large weapons a lot of the Iron Man figures have been coming with, this one works and just adds more to the figures overall appearance, further supporting the fact that this is a member of Tony Stark's Rogues Gallery and he's ready to do whatever it takes to take out 'Ol Shellhead at any cost!

So, to sum things up, I was super excited to find this figure! To finally have a comic based villian to add to the 6" Iron Man line is awesome! The colors are great, although they have been slightly altered from the characters normal comic appearance over the years. Articulation, although somewhat hindered, is still vast and some awesome poses can be achieved. The accessory is neat and really pulls the rest of the figure together. All in all, easily a perfect 5 for Hasbro! They really did an awesome job with this piece and I now eagerly look forward to what they've done on the Crimson Dynamo (Valentin Shatalov) figure that will be released in the second Armored Avengers wave!

Originally, both Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo were supposed to be released in the 2008 6" Iron Man movie-line, but were axed before it hit retail. So, to finally have these guys available after 3 years of waiting is great! As he only comes 1 to a case, Titanium Man may not be the easiest piece in the line to track down, thus I can't stress this enough, Iron Man fan's should not pass this guy up! Grab him at all costs! There was a tonne of hype surrounding this guy and I am pleased to say, Hasbro has delivered on all aspects!

5/5
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.jpg (64.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 02.jpg (61.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 03.jpg (52.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 07__scaled_600.jpg (18.5 KB, 1 views)

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook

Last edited by Prowl_2009; 03-30-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:49 AM   #73
pud333
Master of the Universe

I am really enjoying these Revoltech Eva figures. The new ones with the Angel parts are so much fun. It's pretty cool recreating moments from the movies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3689.jpg (32.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg photo(13).jpg (45.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg photo(10).jpg (80.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 03-31-2011, 03:03 AM   #74
Tkim87
Agent of Shield

Nice shots Pud!
Tkim87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:00 PM   #75
pud333
Master of the Universe

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2011, 12:47 AM   #76
Tkim87
Agent of Shield

McFarlane Halo Reach figures.
Just looks so damn good...lol I do wish that they had lot better range of motions in the arms and legs, though.

I cannot wait to play finally Halo Reach once I receive my free xbox360 in May
Tkim87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:08 AM   #77
pud333
Master of the Universe

Revoltech Alien Queen. She's so awesome.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:21 PM   #78
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

DC Universe Classics Wave 16 features one of the most hotly anticipated 6" characters to ever be released within the popular Mattel line - Jonah Hex. For those of us that dare remember, 'Ol Jonah had a terrible time in theatres last year with one of the worst comicbook movies to ever be released - seriously, I'd rather watch *shudder* Spider-Man 3 than the pile of crap that was Jonah Hex. So needless to say, Hex fans rightly deserve something much better and Mattel delivers it BIG TIME with the wave 16 Jonah Hex figure! I recently got my hands on this guy and have spent quite a few hours really appreciating everything about him and thanking the Action Figure God's for bringing this figure to retail!

Articulation is standard, what we've come to expect from the DCUC line, with the absence of the ab crunch, but the figure shines in so many other areas that it can simply be overlooked. I mean honestly, sometimes it works better when a figure can't bend forward and back, or at least I think so! The joints weren't tight or stuck either, which is always a plus when it comes to dealing with this line.

The paint is simply amazing, not only is it flawless with no blotches, runs, smudges ect. but The Four Horsemen did an excellent job with the figures overall detail. Shadding gives Jonah the appearance of being covered in dust and dirt. His uniform is ripped, worn and tattered, and features some nice additional little details such as an ammo belt, spurs, belt buckle and Confedracy badges on his hat (which is not removeable) and belt. All these little nice extras thrown in by the Four Horsemen really give you a nice old west feel with the figure. And the detailing on his face is also top-notch! It's mangled, scared and features some nice details within the skin that just adds to the figures awesomeness!

Accessory wise, Jonah comes with some great stuff. Aside from a standard hand gun, Jonah also comes complete with a sawed-off shot gun. The shot gun can be stored on the figuers back, while the pistol fits nicely in a holster on his side!

I've said it before, but when it comes to DCUC, figures will either fail or be a huge hit, there is no middle ground it seems. Surprisingly, when Hex was announced, many had low hopes for him, something I am sure his movie didn't help at all, but he really is the surprise of the year and easily one of the best DCUC figures we've seen to date!

I am a HUGE Batman fan, so when this line was announced, I figured I'd be getting Azrael Batman first off, but nope 'Ol Jonah ambled into my collection almost a month beforehand and made him the first DCUC Wave 16 figure I picked up. And to be honest, he is my favourite of the line thus far and can pretty much say for certain he'll be my favourite of the line overall. I mean, he looks amazing, comes with nice accessories and is a really good value for money.

And so, I must highly recommend DCUC Wave 16 Jonah Hex to all you DC Fan's out there. He'll surprise you, don't pass him up! He's one of the best looking pieces I've seen this year and let's face it, after that terrible movie, we deserve this figure! Get him, no questions asked! You'll be very sorry if you pass him up!

5/5
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCUC Jonah Hex 3.jpg (41.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DCUC Jonah Hex 4.jpg (39.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DCUC Jonah Hex Close.jpg (88.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DCUC Jonah Hex front.jpg (83.2 KB, 2 views)

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook

Last edited by Prowl_2009; 05-05-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:43 AM   #79
pud333
Master of the Universe

I am completely in love with MP-10. I think he is the best Prime, hands down. This toy single-handedly rekindled my faith in Transformers.

Last edited by pud333; 10-27-2011 at 03:57 AM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:22 PM   #80
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

I would say my flavour of the week is probably DC Universe Wave 17. Building my first Collect and Connect figure and getting these figures for cheap was just awesome!
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote