ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 04-02-2017, 06:34 PM   #51
crabrobo
Red Shirt
Re: Voltron toys

1 cs just has 2 blk lions. i've seen a lot of wal-marts around Mississauga and Etobicoke area just have 2 on shelf today. i'm looking for the limbs now....
crabrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:31 PM   #52
Pascal
Red Shirt

I'm selling my own set, $165 shipped. Opened, combined once.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:32 AM   #53
RocketGTR
Cylon Centurion

http://www.toysrus.ca/search/index.j...&x=-993&y=-230

All 5 lions are now available on the Toys R Us website.
RocketGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:55 PM   #54
riderman
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
http://www.toysrus.ca/search/index.j...&x=-993&y=-230

All 5 lions are now available on the Toys R Us website.
Thanks😊
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:54 PM   #55
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Anyone open their set yet?

I opened mine yesterday and I have to say.......WOW!!!!!!!!!

This is a great set of toys, from the individual lions, to the combined form of Voltron. The design is fantastic and the build quality is great, especially since it is plastic.

The size of Voltron in combined form is astounding as well. Without​ a doubt one of the best combiners I have ever owned.

My two biggest gripes, and they are pretty minor, are the leg lions in combined form. I don't like the parts on their backs that flap up to cover the legs. They don't look esthetically pleasing too me. Also I can see problems in the future with the tails and how they store into the lions.

Oh I forgot one big issue for me. Not being able to form the shield from the black lion's wings. That is one thing I wish they would have included. Otherwise this is a great toy and I feel I got my money's worth when I opened them.

Also, dear Hasbro, please steal away the designers, both toy and show, from Playmates and Netflix, they know how to bring a combiner to life. (And this is coming from someone who loves the CW combiners for the most part)
canprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 05:07 PM   #56
riderman
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Anyone open their set yet?

I opened mine yesterday and I have to say.......WOW!!!!!!!!!

This is a great set of toys, from the individual lions, to the combined form of Voltron. The design is fantastic and the build quality is great, especially since it is plastic.

The size of Voltron in combined form is astounding as well. Without​ a doubt one of the best combiners I have ever owned.

My two biggest gripes, and they are pretty minor, are the leg lions in combined form. I don't like the parts on their backs that flap up to cover the legs. They don't look esthetically pleasing too me. Also I can see problems in the future with the tails and how they store into the lions.

Oh I forgot one big issue for me. Not being able to form the shield from the black lion's wings. That is one thing I wish they would have included. Otherwise this is a great toy and I feel I got my money's worth when I opened them.

Also, dear Hasbro, please steal away the designers, both toy and show, from Playmates and Netflix, they know how to bring a combiner to life. (And this is coming from someone who loves the CW combiners for the most part)
Still waiting for confirmation from Toys R Us but I really can't wait to get all my Lions to form Voltron Defender of the Universe. Thank you for everyone for the info that Toys R Us has them selling online. It has been very difficult time locating and finding those lions from store to store in the wild. I am just happy that the search is done. I wonder if anyone will get Reprolables for their Lions?
Old 04-12-2017, 11:23 PM   #57
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat

Sad to say each of my lions had issues of some kind, not the least of which blue's completely unpainted jaw. So after so much waiting, Voltron is separated, and the blue lion headless as I prepare to paint it.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:23 PM   #58
PerfectlyChaotic
Red Shirt

Hey guys, brand new to the site, and looking for Voltron news. I'm honestly not a big toy guy, but every so often something grabs me, and the combinable lions are one of those. I only recently got wind of them, and I needs me some limbcats.

It seems, after a period of scarcity seen in this thread, the Black Lion is readily available now, in stock on TRU and Walmart's websites. Mine is ready to pickup at the post office, will pop in after work. What about the limbs though? They're not even listed on Walmart.ca, and while TRU lists them, they're out of stock. Being late to the party, I actually thought it was the other way round: Black Lion hit first, and limbs would follow. This thread has taught me otherwise, and now I'm worried I've missed my window. Should I just sit tight for new shipments, or start budgeting for imports/resellers?

Thanks,
Alan
PerfectlyChaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:53 PM   #59
RocketGTR
Cylon Centurion

I've seen the limbs sporadically at Walmart still. I say just keep on looking and keeping an eye on the TRU website for restocks.
RocketGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:31 PM   #60
riderman
Master of the Universe

Found green and yellow at Walmart
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170516_140147.jpg (100.1 KB, 7 views)