ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 12-03-2015, 02:13 PM   #391
neospike
Cobra Trooper
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
Vader x1
Jedi Luke x2
Chewie x1 (first release)
Sandtrooper x1 (black pauldron)
You can find these at Winners for $15 each. I saw all of them at the Cloverdale Mall location just last week.
neospike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:27 PM   #392
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Also stock up on super deals for trade bait later down the road if you can. I was able to snag 6 Scout Trooper w/Speeder bike for under $20 each after tax when Target shut down here. I have traded a couple for some of the figures I was missing.

Good point. I have a spare R2. I remember when they were $10 at Walmart lol.

MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:57 PM   #393
wedge1021
Mutant

It took me a while to decide if I wanted to collect this line when it first started up. Once I hopped on board, I was able to still track down all of wave 1 & 2 and the Jabba/Speeder deluxes at local Walmarts, with a couple grabbed for cheap on Amazon as well. By then I was caught up again and went back to the pre-order case route for the rest of the orange phase and all of the blue phase. With skipping a couple bad case assortments, and a little swap help from my supplier, I was able to get all releases with only 1 unwanted double. Hasbro has done a mostly good job with case assortments in this scale so far (to my complete amazement). If only they could solve their blasted distribution issues.

I am not sure how much I will be able to rely on case pre-orders going forward however. I made a pledge to myself to not collect anything from the Sequels. If they start releasing mixed waves of PT/OT along with ST characters, I will probably have to try my luck at mass retail, or possibly overpriced single pre-orders. Best case would be to team up with a collector who only wants ST figures though!
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:59 PM   #394
Napseeker
Dark Knight

R2D2 was $10 at Walmart? Ugh... I paid the full $25+tax for mine... but at least I'm not paying the scalpery $60 for one now.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 04:07 PM   #395
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
It took me a while to decide if I wanted to collect this line when it first started up. Once I hopped on board, I was able to still track down all of wave 1 & 2 and the Jabba/Speeder deluxes at local Walmarts, with a couple grabbed for cheap on Amazon as well. By then I was caught up again and went back to the pre-order case route for the rest of the orange phase and all of the blue phase. With skipping a couple bad case assortments, and a little swap help from my supplier, I was able to get all releases with only 1 unwanted double. Hasbro has done a mostly good job with case assortments in this scale so far (to my complete amazement). If only they could solve their blasted distribution issues.

I am not sure how much I will be able to rely on case pre-orders going forward however. I made a pledge to myself to not collect anything from the Sequels. If they start releasing mixed waves of PT/OT along with ST characters, I will probably have to try my luck at mass retail, or possibly overpriced single pre-orders. Best case would be to team up with a collector who only wants ST figures though!
Sorry to say wedge but I think this is exactly how the line is moving. The Black Series will now encompass multiple cannon sources, not just movies i.e. OT, PT, TFA and beyond, Rebels, even the new Battle Front game.

We already know Ahsoka and Kanan are being made in 6". The Battle Front Shock Trooper just released. That was an exclusive to Walmart but I get what you are saying. My feeling is Ahsoka and Kanan will be part of a mass retail case assortment though. Hell we're even getting Darth Revan aren't we?

Last edited by MULTIPLEX; 12-03-2015 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:35 PM   #396
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

Holy crap! Phasma was just up on Walmart.ca. They had four and then all gone within seconds!

EDIT: Wait they restocking on the fly. Get yours while you can folks!

Last edited by MULTIPLEX; 12-03-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 05:35 PM   #397
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

Dorkside has this assortment listed for 6" Black Series

Quote:
Star Wars Episode 7 The Force Awakens 6 Inch Black Series Wave 5

Set Includes:

EP 2 Jango Fett X 1
EP7 Captain Phasma X 1
EP7 First Order Flame Trooper x 2
EP7 Finn FN-2187 X 1
EP7 Han Solo X 1
Quote:
Star Wars Episode 7 The Force Awakens 6 Inch Black Series 2016 Wave 1

Set Includes:

EP 7 First Order Snowtrooper X 2
EP 7 Han Solo X 1
Rebels Kanan Jarrus X 1
Rebels Ashoka Tano X 1
EP4 Luke Skywalker X 1
Things will likely change but seems like they are mixing it up in 2016.

Old 12-03-2015, 06:30 PM   #398
migstr
Red Shirt

Found a Captain Phasma in the wild. Box cutter damage on the plastic though.
migstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 10:55 PM   #399
SanMiguel
Agent of Shield
SanMiguel's Ebay Auctions

No more $10 goodies at Walmart.ca?
SanMiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 12:05 AM   #400
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Sorry to say wedge but I think this is exactly how the line is moving. The Black Series will now encompass multiple cannon sources, not just movies i.e. OT, PT, TFA and beyond, Rebels, even the new Battle Front game.

We already know Ahsoka and Kanan are being made in 6". The Battle Front Shock Trooper just released. That was an exclusive to Walmart but I get what you are saying. My feeling is Ahsoka and Kanan will be part of a mass retail case assortment though. Hell we're even getting Darth Revan aren't we?
I should amend my previously stated PT/OT focus - I'll be first in line for figures like Revan from my beloved EU (screw this "Legends" crap, EU is real canon to me). I'd grab a Battlefront trooper too, if they would ever show up here. And I'll probably get Ahsoka.

I have no problem with Hasbro doing figures from all the different sources, that's cool and caters to all sorts of fans and collectors out there. I just wish they could've found a way to stick to wave/case "themes", ie. PT in one wave, OT in the next, ST next, and on and on, like what they do for Marvel Legends now. Oh well, the highs and lows of collecting!
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote