ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 08-23-2023, 04:47 PM   #7181
Napseeker
Dark Knight
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Agreed, I like the metallic green paint on the retro Vision more and quite frankly after looking at the heads of the other 3 figures, I think the retro head is the best one, so I'm skipping this update.

And Hasbro being Hasbro, they'll only release an even better version in a few years anyway... maybe in just a year even (SEE: Tigra).
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 02:12 AM   #7182
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Finally saw the new Hawkeye/Ronin in store today. They had 2 but both look to have been opened before cause tape on one side is not the factory tape. Didn't want to risk it so I passed on them. I'm quite sure they were swapped and returned. At least at Gamestop for a differe t figure, the employee opened it for me to check when the tape looked off. Don't think I'd get that service at Walmart.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 03:01 PM   #7183
Eko123
Body without Organs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
Finally saw the new Hawkeye/Ronin in store today. They had 2 but both look to have been opened before cause tape on one side is not the factory tape. Didn't want to risk it so I passed on them. I'm quite sure they were swapped and returned. At least at Gamestop for a differe t figure, the employee opened it for me to check when the tape looked off. Don't think I'd get that service at Walmart.
I don't blame you for passing up on the figure. Recently, I passed on the Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel figure recently when I saw it at Walmart, as the box had a hole torn into it where the Amadeus Cho/Hulk piece would have been.

I'm wary about buying any figures with the Hasbro windowless packaging from Walmart. That goes double for Toys R Us where some stores still have their no refund/no exchange policy on collectible action figures. I wonder if that policy will be reversed when Hasbro goes back to their windowed packaging?

On a related note, Walmart already has the Nameless One wave up for pre-order (contrary to the initial rumor that Walmart wouldn't carry the wave).

Last edited by Eko123; 08-26-2023 at 07:04 PM.
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 05:07 PM   #7184
Ksteel
Mutant

So we are indeed back to window box packaging for all MLs going forward.

Finally

Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 07:13 PM   #7185
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
So we are indeed back to window box packaging for all MLs going forward.

Finally

Is that Iron Man Mk II a re-pack or all new?
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 10:13 PM   #7186
Vchipp
Red Shirt

The Silk and Doc Ock two pack on Amazon is on sale right now for another 1 hour and 40 ish minutes on Amazon.ca at -20% for 67.99 as of 10:12 pm EDT. August 27th

Last edited by Vchipp; 08-27-2023 at 10:23 PM.
Vchipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 01:30 AM   #7187
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

I wish they updated that Black Widow to give functional holsters. I hate that so much, I might end up passing unless on sale.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 01:30 PM   #7188
Ksteel
Mutant

No idea if it's a re-pack? It looks very similar to a version released earlier, only now in silver.

They had these, the X-Men 97s and the Luke Cage etc figures on display at the Fanexpo Hasbro booth.

The X-Men 97s look good enough that they can blend into your comic collection, but they also have a rather cartoony look like the Spider-verse figures.

There's going to be an announcement about the MCU "No Way Home" Wave 2 at some point in early to mid Sept supposedly;

Unmasked Peter 1, 2, and 3. Zendaya. Matt Murdock and Osbourne in the wave. Movie Doc Ock with bendy tentacles as a deluxe release.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 04:44 PM   #7189
Enforcer
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
No idea if it's a re-pack? It looks very similar to a version released earlier, only now in silver.

They had these, the X-Men 97s and the Luke Cage etc figures on display at the Fanexpo Hasbro booth.

The X-Men 97s look good enough that they can blend into your comic collection, but they also have a rather cartoony look like the Spider-verse figures.

There's going to be an announcement about the MCU "No Way Home" Wave 2 at some point in early to mid Sept supposedly;

Unmasked Peter 1, 2, and 3. Zendaya. Matt Murdock and Osbourne in the wave. Movie Doc Ock with bendy tentacles as a deluxe release.
I really hope they aren't re-releasing that same Holland Spider-Man again. Please let it be the final swing suit with an unmasked head. Aka a hit release that won't sit on the shelves.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 05:08 PM   #7190
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Anyone get a shipping notice for Bucky and Joe Fixit?

Got a charge but no email yet myself.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote