ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-18-2023, 05:29 PM   #7471
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
When was the last time a Marvel Legend figure was hard to get?
The no way home wave. It went so fast that you wouldn't have even known it hit shelves if someone didn't tell you or you were lucky enough to stumble across it the day it went on pegs.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 05:53 PM   #7472
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
The no way home wave. It went so fast that you wouldn't have even known it hit shelves if someone didn't tell you or you were lucky enough to stumble across it the day it went on pegs.
I don't remember that wave. Who was the BAF figure?
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 07:41 PM   #7473
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
I don't remember that wave. Who was the BAF figure?
Armadillo I think
Old 11-18-2023, 08:49 PM   #7474
Eko123
Body without Organs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Do you mean the Far From Home wave where Armadillo was the BAF? No Way Home wave is the new one with the three Spideys and MJ.

While some of the figures were easy to find, I had to use gift card on Amazon.ca to buy the Miles Morales. I think the Dr. Strange was difficult to find too.

For me, I wish I could have gotten the Target exclusive Rogue on retro packaging which was carried at Toys R Us, but I could never find it.

The Jubilee build-a-figure wave was also difficult to get as it was a Toys R Us exclusive wave and it barely came out here in Canada. In the end, I had to buy bootleg (but very well done) versions of Jubilee and Storm online from eBay and AliExpress.

Another difficult one was the Psylocke from the Apocalyse BAF wave. I had to get my brother to pick one up for me in the U.S. at a Five Below store where there were tons of Psylocke figures marked down.

Beast and Jubilee from the Caliban BAF were tricky to get too. I just lucked out that Jubilee was available on the Toys R Us website, but again I had to resort to using a gift card on Amazon to get the Beast that all the online scalpers had snatched up (this was before the figure was later re-released as a retro carded figure).

Last edited by Eko123; 11-18-2023 at 08:53 PM.
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 01:12 AM   #7475
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eko123 View Post
Do you mean the Far From Home wave where Armadillo was the BAF? No Way Home wave is the new one with the three Spideys and MJ.

While some of the figures were easy to find, I had to use gift card on Amazon.ca to buy the Miles Morales. I think the Dr. Strange was difficult to find too.

For me, I wish I could have gotten the Target exclusive Rogue on retro packaging which was carried at Toys R Us, but I could never find it.

The Jubilee build-a-figure wave was also difficult to get as it was a Toys R Us exclusive wave and it barely came out here in Canada. In the end, I had to buy bootleg (but very well done) versions of Jubilee and Storm online from eBay and AliExpress.

Another difficult one was the Psylocke from the Apocalyse BAF wave. I had to get my brother to pick one up for me in the U.S. at a Five Below store where there were tons of Psylocke figures marked down.

Beast and Jubilee from the Caliban BAF were tricky to get too. I just lucked out that Jubilee was available on the Toys R Us website, but again I had to resort to using a gift card on Amazon to get the Beast that all the online scalpers had snatched up (this was before the figure was later re-released as a retro carded figure).
Yeah I mean that Armadillo wave. I didn't see any figures on pegs for that wave at all and I don't remember seeing too many stores with it in stock. I agree those X-men waves you're talking about were also hard to find. I only ever saw Jubilee from that wave and I regret not grabbing her when I did, I also regret not grabbing Mystique when I saw her too but unfortunately I was not collecting Legends at that time. That's one of my biggest collecting regrets, not going in on those waves years ago. Cause I don't think we'll ever get basic Jim Lee X-Men Comic figures like that again. I mean yeah we got the Rogue and Gambit reissues but I couldn't even find those anywhere despite people showing pictures with tons of those on pegs so I'm guessing they got scalped during the covid era and sold out almost immediately online when they went on sale.
Old 11-19-2023, 11:02 AM   #7476
Napseeker
Dark Knight

That Rogue and Gambit reissue were actually pegwarmers at my TRU. I honestly didn't think anyone even cared about either of those figures at the time, as even the original release of Rogue sat around when I was doing my toyhunting.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 04:19 PM   #7477
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbler View Post
I regret not pre-ordering this one, feels like it's gonna end up being a pain in the ass to find. We shall see.
I was at Toy Snowman yesterday, and they had cases upon cases of Green Goblins.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 04:35 PM   #7478
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
That Rogue and Gambit reissue were actually pegwarmers at my TRU. I honestly didn't think anyone even cared about either of those figures at the time, as even the original release of Rogue sat around when I was doing my toyhunting.

Yes indeed.

It is funny how some figures go from pegwarmer to highly desired on the secondary market.

Although both of those figures now really aren't the big sellers they were a couple years ago.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 04:47 PM   #7479
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Yes indeed.

It is funny how some figures go from pegwarmer to highly desired on the secondary market.

Although both of those figures now really aren't the big sellers they were a couple years ago.
It's also funny how bad the Distro can be sometimes. In some area's something that is new and desirable never ends up on pegs, mean while in other area's it's just sitting in abundance because they got way too many.
Old 11-19-2023, 09:52 PM   #7480
Eko123
Body without Organs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
Wow, if I had known, I would have asked my brother to check in the west end of the GTA!

I couldn't find the Rogue at the Victoria Terrace location in Scarborough or at the TRU that was originally at Eglinton and Yonge (which has since relocated). I couldn't even order it online from TRU at the time...but maybe I was too late?
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote