ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 03-03-2020, 08:18 PM   #2041
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Yes, credit where credit is due. The in stock transactions seem to go smooth.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:38 PM   #2042
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Unfortunately yeah; Was for a ML preorder to boot. He takes your money and blames Hasbro for poor distribution. When you finally give up on waiting (after the item is readily available at different stores) and ask for a refund, he’ll charge you a ‘restocking fee’ for items that were never in stock to begin with.

While I recognize that this is a Hasbro issue, he really should not be taking people’s money if he has not procured stock of the item.
It also doesn't help he plays the victim card every single time, he is never at fault... the guy Austin I think that's his name has had some epic meltdowns on some FB groups we were both in. I think there was even some stuff over on Cybertron.ca before.

I find it's best just to avoid people like this - preorder, in stock and everywhere in between. I've never ordered from him but there's plenty of negative experiences out there with him and he does not come off looking good ever with any of these hissy fit public displays, he's a paper tiger.

Best thing to do is always read the fine print with these guys, check reviews, and know who your dealing with. If your OK with it then by all means go ahead, for me personally the whole preorder restocking fee is a huge red flag for me, and I wouldn't order from him or even give it consideration. When things it seems go well with him they go well and when then don't look out, he will go out of his way to publically trash your reputation and all you could've done is ask a question.

And now as if by magic now that I've mentioned his name he shall be summoned to AFN and begin to attack all of us. 3....2....1....
sixshot1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 12:15 AM   #2043
Napseeker
Dark Knight

I don't think he's on this board. But for sure I've seen him explode on TF collectors over on Cybertron.ca.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 03:45 AM   #2044
ironmanhulkbuster
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Unfortunately yeah; Was for a ML preorder to boot. He takes your money and blames Hasbro for poor distribution. When you finally give up on waiting (after the item is readily available at different stores) and ask for a refund, he’ll charge you a ‘restocking fee’ for items that were never in stock to begin with.

While I recognize that this is a Hasbro issue, he really should not be taking people’s money if he has not procured stock of the item.
I thought I was the only one that had to go thru this mess. Never again.
ironmanhulkbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:29 AM   #2045
abemecca
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by random11 View Post
You guys dont collect Amiibo do you?

Lessons learned:
1. Amazon sends things in bubble mailers. Expect damaged boxes. More of an issue if you care about the box.

2. Amazon never put their exclusive amiibo on sale, even though they had a ton. I realize its a different product and probably will have different quantities... but I wouldnt bank on it. Its not like this is going to be a peg warmer figure that no one really wants.
But everyone is able to place their bets where they want.
I've been getting all action figures in boxes and well packed from Amazon for about 2 months now
abemecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:32 AM   #2046
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by abemecca View Post
I've been getting all action figures in boxes and well packed from Amazon for about 2 months now
Lucky you. That isn’t the norm.

Are we talking single figures in a box?
Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:21 PM   #2047
Rj64
Agent of Shield

After sending numerous figures back damaged I've also got all my amazon figures in boxes even if it's just one figure for about 3 months now. It sucks, all the non rare ones came mint and harder to find ones always came damaged. I even ordered extra just to get them to ship in a box and they sent one at a time in bubble wrap before. However, some figures still came damaged in box signally. My guess its already damaged before shipment
Rj64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:23 PM   #2048
Rj64
Agent of Shield

So is the northmen preorder issue just hasbro products or others as well? I know even for retail stores hasbro has poor distribution. Has the experience with other companies through northmen preorders been the same? Hope not for super 7
Rj64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 03:01 PM   #2049
Bendall
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rj64 View Post
So is the northmen preorder issue just hasbro products or others as well? I know even for retail stores hasbro has poor distribution. Has the experience with other companies through northmen preorders been the same? Hope not for super 7
I've had a few Mezco One:12 collective figures I've preordered through Northmen. For the most part I've gotten them eventually (still waiting on PX Cable). The only time I've bought something "in stock", it showed up like 6 months later packaged with a preorder.

So, I mean I got it eventually, just don't expect next day shipping.
Bendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 03:41 PM   #2050
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rj64 View Post
However, some figures still came damaged in box signally. My guess its already damaged before shipment
Or they may have shipped you a return from someone else that didn't want a damaged box. On top of that, there are instances where people have returned items to Amazon, and Amazon ships out THE EXACT SAME ITEM as the replacement, damage and all.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote