ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 02-08-2016, 03:26 PM   #1
wedge1021
Mutant
DC Icons 6" line?

So I remember seeing this line announced about a year ago (Toy Fair 2015?) and then that was the last I really heard of it. Basically ML-style figures from DC. Finally tracked them down on BBTS:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/m...category=10471

Just wondering, have these popped up anywhere other than online retailers? I was kinda interested in grabbing a Batman and maybe a couple of his rogues.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 03:41 PM   #2
Wintermute
Master of the Universe
Re: DC Icons 6" line?

Yup! Check your local comic book shop, or...

https://www.canucktibles.ca/collections/6-inch-dc/icons
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:47 PM   #3
tfHunter
Mutant

First couple waves (Batman, Lex, Black Adam, Flash, Grean Lantern, Arrow) hit months ago at comic book shops. Picked up the Bats, and it is pretty decent. However, if you're looking for something to go with your Marvel Legends they are on the small side. The articulation is decent (ball head, ball shoulders, bicep swivels, wrists, ball abs, ball hips, double knees/elbows and ankle joints. No thigh swivels though. There should be some reviews up online too.
tfHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:17 PM   #4
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

I picked up Green Arrow a few months ago. Overall pretty good figure, except for the extremely loose knee joint that prevents him from standing unaided.
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:19 PM   #5
wedge1021
Mutant

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll have to check out some reviews. Mostly I just wanted a decent Batman to stick on my shelf, in similar size & articulation to the Legends and 6" Black Series figures. A little smaller is OK, I won't be mixing the lines.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:57 AM   #6
StaticShin27
Agent of Shield

Technically it's fault on hasbro/toybiz since their 1/12 figures actually stand over 6" tall. If anything the Icons line is closer to actual 6" in scale similar to star wars black series and some import figures.

It looks like the later waves are a bit taller though. As for the Batman, even if you don't like the size, I'd say you can excuse it somewhat since it's supposed to be from the arc where Dick Grayson was under the cowl.
StaticShin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:58 AM   #7
cloud
Master of the Universe

I was really looking forward for this line but the figures could have really used a thigh cut joint.
I have been so busy lately I just buy stuff and haven't open them.
I've grabbed Batman, Green Lantern, Lex Luthor and The Flash.
I'm a Batman fan, it's a guarantee purchase.
Lex Luthor just looked good and I thought why not.
Green Lantern is a the first DX figure in the line and the armor pieces do look cool.
The Flash is the one I looked forward to the most. We have the Cosmic treadmill for the first time!
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:01 AM   #8
Electro16
Super Friend

I was looking forward to these , but what a letdown when I saw them in person. They are so small and they lack bulk, they don't fit in well with anything; legends , black series or DCUC. DC Collectibles really dropped the ball on these. The first time I had one in hand , I decided to pass on this line completely.

Last edited by Electro16; 02-12-2016 at 08:24 AM.
Electro16 is offline   Reply With Quote