ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 09-29-2017, 07:20 PM   #1
MichaelScarn6969
Agent of Shield
Red face Marvel Legends - Walmart

Hey everyone,

While browsing through Reddit and watching toy hunt videos on YouTube I keep seeing people say that their walmarts no longer carry Marvel Legends. Now, it seems that everyone who has made this claim have come from the States. Has anyone experienced this here in Canada yet?

Can anyone see the future of Legends (and collector lines in general) in jeopardy at big chain stores? As someone who rarely, and I most almost never, collects the whole wave when it comes out is a bit concerned. I think the last time I bought a whole wave of legends was the Iron Man 3 movie wave. Smaller stores will usually only sell whole cases and maybe the figure(s) that comes double packed. So this has me a bit concerned.
MichaelScarn6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:40 PM   #2
MitchPower
Agent of Shield
Re: Marvel Legends - Walmart

Walmart has the netflix, thor ragnarok and gotg second wave on the pegs right now i dont think you need to worry.
MitchPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:25 PM   #3
MichaelScarn6969
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchPower View Post
Walmart has the netflix, thor ragnarok and gotg second wave on the pegs right now i dont think you need to worry.
Yeah, I've seen those in stores.

What I meant, and I could have been more clear, is should I (we) be concerned about the future of this line at stores like Walmart?
MichaelScarn6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 01:42 AM   #4
E Mikd
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelScarn6969 View Post
Yeah, I've seen those in stores.

What I meant, and I could have been more clear, is should I (we) be concerned about the future of this line at stores like Walmart?
I don't think so. With what's happening at Toys R Us, and with what Wal Mart is doing to their online marketplace, I can see Wal Mart actually expanding and putting in more collector lines like they do in the states.
E Mikd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 03:50 PM   #5
ApathyML
Super Friend

Every Wal-Mart I visit is either under-stocked, sold out, or has year old stock of Marvel Legends at regular price. Its like they can't keep up with demand or just don't care to keep up with it.

I believe they market more towards children's toys than collectors, which is why they don't carry NECA or other collector oriented lines.
ApathyML is offline   Reply With Quote