ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 06-15-2023, 10:15 AM   #2771
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

Yep.............

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 10:20 AM   #2772
CobraCommander
Jedi Knight

Never heard of Glenda?

B/S/T Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Hisstank
Cybertron.ca

Feedback Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 10:22 AM   #2773
Robimus
Super Moderator

Not til a few minutes ago.

"Hasbro has revealed the second stretch goal for their G.I. Joe Classified Series Haslab Assault Copter Dragonfly (XH-1) Haslab campaing. Its of a 6" G.I. Joe Classified Series Jane ?Glenda? Mullighan figure which will be unlocked if or when the campaign reaches 16k backers. Right now that campaign as I type this has 13,071.

Glenda in the original 3 3/4" line was an exclusive figure that was available carded in Argentina by the Plastirama toy company. She was never released as a figure here in the United States. Jane ?Glenda? Mullighan was a master instructor with piloting skills that would rival those of any active Joe."

Old 06-15-2023, 10:46 AM   #2774
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Wtf, all we wanted was Airborne and Doc. Who the f is Glenda and why do we care?
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 10:48 AM   #2775
Dangard Ace
Cobra Trooper

Who? Okay.....

If they wanted another pilot there was always Lift-Ticket cause I really doubt they'd make the Tomahawk. That would be the size of a table.
Dangard Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 10:50 AM   #2776
Robimus
Super Moderator

Remember when Emily got asked about characters with beasts and she said "I'd love to see a unicorn and a panda".....

This feels like dat

Old 06-15-2023, 10:51 AM   #2777
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Well they made the Sail Barge and that thing is the size of a small fridge. If fans are willing to pay it, Hasbro would make it.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 10:57 AM   #2778
CobraCommander
Jedi Knight

The Sail Barge was a little too small, though not quite to 3.75" scale.

Thanks for info on Glenda, now I know and knowing is...COBRA!

B/S/T Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Hisstank
Cybertron.ca

Feedback Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 11:24 AM   #2779
Darth Cujo
Super Friend

Interesting choice for this unlock. Personally, for me, it's a really nice looking figure and one I might have gotten at retail, if it was on clearance. Classified for me is very much a cherry picking line. I simply can't afford the money and space to buy them all. As such, I'm a bit picky on what I buy. Mind you, I love so many Joe figures, I've been getting the majority of them. But things like obscure variations or tributes like this one? When they were at a 3.75" scale and old retail pricing, I was thrilled to get these homages (I have the modern era pilot Scarlett from 2008, which was an homage to the Glenda figure, so I was familiar with Glenda). For a Classified figure that retails for about $40Can, I would rather spend my money elsewhere.

Which is why I think this is a bit of a misstep by Hasbro. People factor in the value of the figures into the Haslab purchase. Some look to unload a couple to get some money back, others want to keep them all so want something they really want included. But you can't include the likes of a v1 Airborne or Doc because that would screw over non-buyers. Including Wild Bill makes sense, even though it's a tough pill for non-vehicle collectors. Some folks see the unlocks as a bonus, but really they are part of the value for the whole package.

Glenda was not on anyone's want list. Nobody was clamoring for her. Many people did mention pilot Scarlett, so Hasbro should really include a Scarlett alt head for the figure. This would probably appease a few people. Or what they should have done was make it Pilot Scarlett and include a Glenda head. It's semantics, but since people are people, well, maybe they might not be throwing a hissy fit right now.

I'm on the fence regarding the Dragonfly. I mainly want Wild Bill, but the dragonfly looks bloody amazing, so they have me leaning towards backing it. But I need value from all the unlocks to justify spending that much money. Could I resell Glenda? Sure, but I sense there will be a lot of Glendas on ebay once released. At least in the short term. So recouping costs by selling her will not be very helpful. And this all factors in.

We will see what the final unlock is. I do think if it is a perceived dud like Glenda seems to be so far, there could be a drop off in backers. But I think it will still get funded and do alright, but it would be better if it included a figure people really like, while not being essential to a core collection. Night force Ripcord was a perfect inclusion. Looks great, well known character, but not the essential v1 Ripcord.

Last edited by Darth Cujo; 06-15-2023 at 11:29 AM.
Darth Cujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 11:53 AM   #2780
Robimus
Super Moderator

Well said.

My plan is to flip the figures I'm not interested in to recoup at least some of the cost. I don't think Glenda will be an easy sell unless it is priced on the low side.