ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 07-12-2023, 11:18 PM   #2931
Darth Cujo
Super Friend
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

Lots of skips for me. Chuckles isn't essential for me, so the fact he's SDCC and bloated with extra accessories I don't need makes him a pass. I'd like a shooter, but not liking her look too much. The skinny shoulders look odd and her elf slippers (just missing the pointy toes) seem like a weird choice. If anything I'll wait for a non night force version. And the Alley Viper is a skip. I skipped the first one, don't need this one either. And the zombie mole rat thing? Easy pass. Saves me some money at least.
Still deciding on the dragonfly, so it could be a good thing that I can happily skip these.

I saw super7 revealed a few things. Looks like trading cards in the image. I'm more interested in what those could be like than these classified figures.
Darth Cujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 04:57 AM   #2932
Nyax78
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangard Ace View Post
This wave saves me money. No idea who any of these characters are. Glad we got Crazy Legs as the final HasLab tier.
Shooter is a pretty deep cut. I had no idea who the character was till I read the Devils Due G.I. Joe Declassified comic a few weeks back. A Joe codenamed "Shooter" was referenced in ARAH #1 but never shown. In the 2000's Hasbro wanted more representation in the Joe line so they made Shooter an African American woman, and Larry Hamma wrote a very brief background story for her in that G.I. Joe Declassified comic which featured an early mission from the OG 13(or 14 counting Shooter). Non of the other OG 13 ever saw Shooter. She was deployed in secret to watch their backs as a sniper. She is killed helping the OG joes escape from their mission in ARAH #1.

Mole Rat is a completely new character created by the Classified team. Zombie dudes with big glowing crystals stuck in their heads. Some sort of Transformers reference apparently. Pretty weird even for G.I. Joe.
Nyax78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 05:44 AM   #2933
Canukle
Clonetrooper

I think those trading cards are SDCC exclusive? Normally I’d be all over those, but there is no way I’m going to try and finish a set of exclusive trading cards. It’s painful enough trying to finish a set of Non-exclusive cards
Canukle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 08:28 AM   #2934
Darth Cujo
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canukle View Post
I think those trading cards are SDCC exclusive? Normally I?d be all over those, but there is no way I?m going to try and finish a set of exclusive trading cards. It?s painful enough trying to finish a set of Non-exclusive cards
Well that sucks! Without going on a rant about how the trading card industry is based around fomo and short prints and inserts, etc. making these a limited run that is completely unreasonable to track down does not surprise me. It saddens me, but doesn't surprise me.
Darth Cujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 09:07 AM   #2935
Canukle
Clonetrooper

Would probably be easier (and cheaper) to track down a set of the original cards.

I usually don't mind a few exclusive things, but it's getting a little out of hand
Canukle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 01:36 PM   #2936
Robimus
Super Moderator

Zombie idea looks better than I thought it would. I still won't be grabbing them unless a clearance eventually pops up.

So many figures coming soon. I'm kinda glad Hasbro gives me a break by making a bunch of stuff I don't want.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 03:13 PM   #2937
Zanth
Super Friend

I like the design of the Mole Rat without the zombie head. The gas mask and overall air ventilation system would work well in a bunch of my sci-fi dioramas. The fact that it is US only is very disappointing. I hate exclusives and I have never been lucky to have a single fulfilment from an Amazon.ca exclusive but at least if this had been Amazon.com vs. Walmart.com I would have a shot. Amazon.com has never let me down but my sample size is small (2), Walmart.com won't ship to Canada so meh, unless this gets a wide release later it will go down like Arctic Storm Shadow for me.
Zanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 04:11 PM   #2938
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Luckily, I don't care too much about the latest Walmart wave
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 06:46 PM   #2939
Robimus
Super Moderator

Issues with Arctic Stormshadow aside, the other Classified Amazon exclusives - Roadblock, Blue Ninja's and Kamakura have been very available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanth View Post
I like the design of the Mole Rat without the zombie head. The gas mask and overall air ventilation system would work well in a bunch of my sci-fi dioramas. The fact that it is US only is very disappointing. I hate exclusives and I have never been lucky to have a single fulfilment from an Amazon.ca exclusive but at least if this had been Amazon.com vs. Walmart.com I would have a shot. Amazon.com has never let me down but my sample size is small (2), Walmart.com won't ship to Canada so meh, unless this gets a wide release later it will go down like Arctic Storm Shadow for me.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 07:43 PM   #2940
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

My Arctic Storm Shadow was canceled by Amazon. Ended up getting it in a trade with someone in the UK

Missed the Eel. Hopefully they’ll get more.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote