ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 07-28-2023, 09:09 PM   #3061
wesperino
Mutant
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
Think he'll be about $60CDN if Gamestop gets him.
I would think he will be priced same as mindbender was @ $79.99.

I?m still waiting for mindbender from GS.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 09:36 PM   #3062
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesperino View Post
I created a new pulse order with 2 snow job, Valkyries, 2 trip wire, trouble bubble, chuckles. The extra snow job and tripwire are for a buddy so we split on the shipping to make help each other save some coin.

Max my shipping fee!
Won't you get hit with a nasty dose of import tax though? I've wanted to order multiples too, but the dreaded tax has got me too scared to order anything that will come to over 100$ CA
BlackBeltJohnson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 09:39 PM   #3063
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeltJohnson View Post
Won't you get hit with a nasty dose of import tax though? I've wanted to order multiples too, but the dreaded tax has got me too scared to order anything that will come to over 100$ CA
Taxes are paid to Hasbro. No customs or duties after the fact.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 10:07 PM   #3064
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesperino View Post
I would think he will be priced same as mindbender was @ $79.99.

I?m still waiting for mindbender from GS.
Didn't know he was that expensive. I always thought he was $60.

Last edited by nighthawk; 07-29-2023 at 12:18 AM.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 06:22 AM   #3065
Canukle
Clonetrooper

Quote:
No duties on anything from Hasbro. Says on their website - duties are included in shipping prices. So order away
Canukle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 09:04 AM   #3066
Darth Cujo
Super Friend

You never pay duties on any toys ordered from the US. If you get caught by customs there is a brokerage fee to process the package (Canada post is maybe 10 bucks, couriers, especially UPS, are generally more) and you pay the tax. That's it.

As for hasbro, the taxes and brokerage are collected up front so no surprise fees. And as folks said, their shipping fee is ridiculous on one item, but they max out at $30 US. So if you can load a bunch of crap onto a single order, the shipping can be rather good when all said and done. In the past this was difficult because they barely had much stock of multiple items at the same time. This is less of an issue lately. But that's likely because the prices of the items are now stupid expensive. So people are waiting for sale prices, and thus they seem to have a lot of stock on several items.

So as a Canadian, do you wait and hope for a sale to bring prices to what i consider reasonable, and risk some stuff selling out? Or bite the bullet and buy stuff at stupid prices and combine shipping... damned if you do or damned if you don't.

As for Chuckles, I'm passing because I've never been a big fan. He's okay, and they did some interesting things with him in the comics, but he's a 3rd or 4th tier character for me. And the "deluxe" figure is way over priced. He should be priced as a regular figure for what's included. But they added a couple knick knacks and made it an SDCC item, so there you go.

Still waiting for mindbender to have a regular release. Though I'd rather have Dr. Venom.
Darth Cujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 11:59 AM   #3067
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

I'm away right now so I missed out on Chuckles. Here's hoping more stock shows up, or he shows up at GameStop.

Since he is due for a Nov. 1st release I am hopeful they'll have more to sell during PulseCon. I know the Crimson Strike team is the PulseCon exclusive, but they did have both Serpentor and Mindbender last year close together.
canprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 02:58 PM   #3068
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canukle View Post
No duties on anything from Hasbro. Says on their website - duties are included in shipping prices. So order away
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cujo View Post
You never pay duties on any toys ordered from the US. If you get caught by customs there is a brokerage fee to process the package (Canada post is maybe 10 bucks, couriers, especially UPS, are generally more) and you pay the tax. That's it.

As for hasbro, the taxes and brokerage are collected up front so no surprise fees. And as folks said, their shipping fee is ridiculous on one item, but they max out at $30 US. So if you can load a bunch of crap onto a single order, the shipping can be rather good when all said and done. In the past this was difficult because they barely had much stock of multiple items at the same time. This is less of an issue lately. But that's likely because the prices of the items are now stupid expensive. So people are waiting for sale prices, and thus they seem to have a lot of stock on several items.

So as a Canadian, do you wait and hope for a sale to bring prices to what i consider reasonable, and risk some stuff selling out? Or bite the bullet and buy stuff at stupid prices and combine shipping... damned if you do or damned if you don't.

As for Chuckles, I'm passing because I've never been a big fan. He's okay, and they did some interesting things with him in the comics, but he's a 3rd or 4th tier character for me. And the "deluxe" figure is way over priced. He should be priced as a regular figure for what's included. But they added a couple knick knacks and made it an SDCC item, so there you go.

Still waiting for mindbender to have a regular release. Though I'd rather have Dr. Venom.
Thanks guys! Much appreciated! That's an enormous burden off my mind!
BlackBeltJohnson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 03:33 PM   #3069
wesperino
Mutant

Quote:
Yea I have been hesitant to order from pulse in the past but with so many preorders available right now, splitting the cost with a pal, and the chuckles preorder came up, it was a no brainer. I wasn?t going to get the bubble but when someone posted how easy it was to just make a new order and cancel the previous, I jumped on it.

It was super easy and it?s fantastic being able to bundle so many exclusives into a single purchase to save on the shipping.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 06:07 PM   #3070
Canukle
Clonetrooper

Quote:
No prob! Some other retailers like Disney will leave you stuck with duty, but at least you can order whatever from Hasbro fairly easily. If only shipping was a little cheaper, though
Canukle is offline   Reply With Quote