ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 02-26-2014, 10:53 PM   #1
cloud
Master of the Universe
Transformers Genereations Orion Pax question

Does the Canadian ver of TF Generations Orion Pax come with comic book?
I saw a review that in does pack with one but the figure I saw at Wal Mart doesnt have one. I vaguely remember seeing an Orion Pax with comic book at Toys R Us but I don't see anymore TRU carrying him.
Thanks guys.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:12 PM   #2
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion
Re: Transformers Genereations Orion Pax question

Unfortunately no (and that goes for the rest of the figures that were supposed to come with a comic). I believe it has to do with Canada's packaging laws with regard to languages that must be on the package. They couldn't print the comic with 3 languages per text box so they chose not to include it. That said, Toybiz used to include comics with their MLs, and Hasbro included a comic (which I believe was only in English) with Animated Safeguard, so either something in the rules changed or they simply chose not to include it.
Onslaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:26 AM   #3
cloud
Master of the Universe
Re: Transformers Genereations Orion Pax question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
Unfortunately no (and that goes for the rest of the figures that were supposed to come with a comic). I believe it has to do with Canada's packaging laws with regard to languages that must be on the package. They couldn't print the comic with 3 languages per text box so they chose not to include it. That said, Toybiz used to include comics with their MLs, and Hasbro included a comic (which I believe was only in English) with Animated Safeguard, so either something in the rules changed or they simply chose not to include it.
Yeah. I thought of that too. Maybe it's because the comic needed to include French dialogue but then I remember the Toybiz Marvel Legends and the Hasbro 2packs and even Mattel's early Superman/Bizarro series which all packed in English comics. I just see it as a cheap way to screw with Canadian collectors.

Thanks for clarifying
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote