ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 07-08-2010, 12:37 PM   #11
pattycakeman
Cylon Centurion
Re: SDCC 2010 Marvel Exclusives

^^

Why you have to ruin my dreams like that?? GEEEEEZZZZ!!!!

btw if you come accross those GB again mind picking me up some please? lol
pattycakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #12
pud333
Master of the Universe

Sorry bout that. I figure it's best to keep expectations low when it comes to seeing consitency with MU releases in Canada. Personally, I've given up on retail altogether. Everything is online for me lately.

Yeah, sure. If I see 'em, I'll grab 'em. I usually make a trip to the states every few months. Probably about due for one soon. Girlfriend likes them outlet malls. I sit in the car when she's in the malls, she sits in the car when I'm at Target/Walmart/Tru. It's perfect. These trips down south have made me incredibly jealous of our US counterparts. They don't know how lucky they have it.

Last edited by pud333; 07-08-2010 at 01:35 PM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:36 PM   #13
pud333
Master of the Universe

Hmm. The most recent news seems to indicate Galactus will show up on HTS after the convention, so I don't know about regular retail. Looks like all of Hasbro's offerings, like previous years, will be available to HTS after the con. Usually the following Monday. The box for Galactus looks awesome.

http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego-comic-con-58/hasbro-san-diego-comic-con-2010-exclusives-line-up-2965/

Last edited by pud333; 07-08-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #14
pattycakeman
Cylon Centurion

Yes they always show up at HTS.com but i just have a problem with paying their shipping rates.. I dont think shipping should be more than the figure itself.
pattycakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:48 PM   #15
pud333
Master of the Universe

Yep. You gotta buy lots to make the shipping worth it. The alternative though is through other online sites or ebay, and normally the prices are jacked up so much you probably were better off paying the stupid shipping in the first place. Stupid Hasbro. How the heck does it cost $30 to ship a $10 toy?
Old 07-08-2010, 08:07 PM   #16
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

The nice thing is the price doesn't change much after the 30 when you add several figures. Its a good thing this year I'll be buying several figures this year along with the SDCC exclusives.

Funny thing though, I called into Hasbro last year to cancel an order. And the guy I was talking to was in Winnipeg!
CTO15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:52 AM   #17
cloud
Master of the Universe

Galactus isn't the exclusive but rather the packaging is. i think it's a cool idea that the company can satisfy convention goers with something unique but not shutting the doors to everyone else that can't attend.

The MU figures for SDCC looks good. I'm not too sure if they should be exclusive. Like someone else said they are good enough to be in a normal wave but then again if it's some new character that's being an exclusive then not a lot of people will be pleased.
Sometimes it's just cool to have a cool looking exclusive figure but not an important C or B list character that everyone will be pissed if they can't get it.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:38 AM   #18
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Galactus isn't the exclusive but rather the packaging is. i think it's a cool idea that the company can satisfy convention goers with something unique but not shutting the doors to everyone else that can't attend.
Looks like you're right. BBTS has him up for preorder for $54.99

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...il&picture=out

EDIT: To add, if these things do hit retail, like Walmart, in the states, my guess is if parents balked at paying for the gigantic battles sets, they're not going to pay for a 19" $50 Galactus. I bet these things hit clearance in the states quickly if they go on retail, and if that's the case, I think I'll just wait until then...

Last edited by pud333; 07-09-2010 at 01:44 PM.