ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 05-05-2021, 11:50 AM   #641
seancuthbertca
Super Friend
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBlackcoat View Post
Is anyone else struggling to find gi joe classified figures at TRU? I haven’t seen any for a island figures on Vancouver Island and they are constantly sold out online. Any tips or hints to getting my hands on beachhead, firefly, baroness or anything. I’m not interested in going through eBay and paying through the nose. Thanks
Welcome to trying to get thye good Classified figures at TRU. Whenever I read about Americans having issues with Target, I laugh in their faces.

Unless you're lucky and get there right when they've restocked some on the shelves or you know someone that works at TRU that can give you the heads up, you'll never get them from TRU.

I've given up on trying to find Cobra Trooper, Firefly or Baroness at TRU. Only ever saw CI Roadblock and once I saw a Gung-Ho and original Scarlett.
seancuthbertca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 12:02 PM   #642
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

The exclusive Cobra Island stuff is probably all gone now (wave 1 that is). Firefly and the Viper have not been released in Canada yet, as far as I know/see. So keep your eyes open just in case.

Hasbro did say they would be looking at re-releases of some of the exclusives so there may be hope. The Yo Joe June event is probably where we will hear more.

I have lucked out and found everything except the Cobra Trooper. However I have a couple of the Infantry so I'm not really concerned about getting one above retail price.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 12:08 PM   #643
usernameprime
Cobra Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBlackcoat View Post
Is anyone else struggling to find gi joe classified figures at TRU? I haven’t seen any for a island figures on Vancouver Island and they are constantly sold out online. Any tips or hints to getting my hands on beachhead, firefly, baroness or anything. I’m not interested in going through eBay and paying through the nose. Thanks
as far as i know firefly and viper have not hit Canadian stores yet?

I scored baroness by showing up at opening right after the last provincial lockdown (late feb), it was at this time when that figure was making rounds in Canada.

Beachhead and cobra infantry trooper was making rounds in mid-march. After the first reported sighting I started to hit TRU daily at opening (unrealistic for most to do) and finally managed to find them within a week of the reported sighting on a weekday.

If you can figure out when shipments come in at your local tru then that could help. Otherwise you gotta keep plugging away and hope you get the right place at the right time.

It sucks but that that's the state of things

On another note i lucked out and got my hands on another baroness which i traded for a viper and firefly, so i guess trade fodder could be an option if opportunity presets itself.

Last edited by usernameprime; 05-05-2021 at 12:10 PM.
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 12:24 PM   #644
EpicLumpia
Agent of Shield

The thing with these exclusives is that people are hoarding them to use as trade bait. I have never seen Beachhead, Cobra Trooper or Baroness in store but I have seen a collector who managed to obtain 4-6 of each Beachhead and Cobra Troopers. I can understand if you buy an extra 1 or 2 for trade but buying 4 to 6 is a bit excessive.

Don't know what's worst: a scalper or a collector who hoards them up for trade bait. At least with a scalper you can still buy them.

Last edited by EpicLumpia; 05-05-2021 at 12:28 PM.
EpicLumpia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 12:47 PM   #645
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

I lucked out finding a Cobra Infantry and Beach Head while returning some Transformers; my errands that day had me there early before they opened so there was that advantage. I went to where the Joes were first, but literally within seconds after they were in my hands, there were 4 other adult collectors and a Mum trying to find them too. It was still civil but yeah, obviously there was some disappointment.

I got the figures, but the process of this just feels degrading. The kid's working the stores couldn't care less, don't know s**t (or so they say), and managers act like you're trying to sell them snake-oil. I don't know if it's because of Covid, but this has gotten to the point where people are prepared to eat through other people's derriere's just to get these things. It's gross, it's tiresome, and it really takes a lot of the fun out of this. That Hasbro miscalculated on the popularity of these things is indeed and understatement, but they know now. I'm fairly certain all these things will be easier to find, so that is what I will wait for.
BlackBeltJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 02:26 PM   #646
seancuthbertca
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
The exclusive Cobra Island stuff is probably all gone now (wave 1 that is). Firefly and the Viper have not been released in Canada yet, as far as I know/see. So keep your eyes open just in case.

Hasbro did say they would be looking at re-releases of some of the exclusives so there may be hope. The Yo Joe June event is probably where we will hear more.

I have lucked out and found everything except the Cobra Trooper. However I have a couple of the Infantry so I'm not really concerned about getting one above retail price.
I thought Firefly and Viper had been? Ok, maybe I'd been watching a US collectors Youtube, thinking they were Canadian. LOL. Good to know.

Cobra Trooper is on Bigbadtoystore for $22.99 US. Even accounting for conversion to CAD, plus shipping and any duties. Far cheaper than scalpers.
Old 05-05-2021, 02:52 PM   #647
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancuthbertca View Post
I thought Firefly and Viper had been? Ok, maybe I'd been watching a US collectors Youtube, thinking they were Canadian. LOL. Good to know.

Cobra Trooper is on Bigbadtoystore for $22.99 US. Even accounting for conversion to CAD, plus shipping and any duties. Far cheaper than scalpers.
You have it backwards.

The Trooper is the Cobra Island exclusive, and the Infantry is the regular release. BBTS is selling the Infantry, not the Trooper.

Yep Firefly and the Viper have been released in the US, but nothing so far in Canada.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:02 PM   #648
seancuthbertca
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
You have it backwards.

The Trooper is the Cobra Island exclusive, and the Infantry is the regular release. BBTS is selling the Infantry, not the Trooper.

Yep Firefly and the Viper have been released in the US, but nothing so far in Canada.
Whoops. I'm good with getting the trooper.
Old 05-05-2021, 06:15 PM   #649
Robimus
Super Moderator

I was calculating getting Cobra Troopers shipped from BBTS. With our current good exchange rate, plus shipping, its basically the same as buying them here.

Only worry could he extra customs charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancuthbertca View Post

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:20 PM   #650
Bendall
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I was calculating getting Cobra Troopers shipped from BBTS. With our current good exchange rate, plus shipping, its basically the same as buying them here.

Only worry could he extra customs charges.
I've found with BBTS as long as you keep the value below $100 you don't get hit with customs. Not sure if that's a set rule, but I order from them quite a bit and haven't had an issue
Bendall is offline   Reply With Quote