ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 03-05-2024, 12:55 PM   #21
Napseeker
Dark Knight
Re: Micro Galaxy Squadron

I've only bought a few items myself (AT-AT and Razor Crest during the sale, they still felt overpriced but these were likely the only two that I felt were must-haves in the MG line).

Also bought Bo-Katans fighter despite it being the wrong scale (too small, which others have complained about online). At least the wings aren't too droopy although the tips are rubbery and can easily be warped if you store them wrong.

It's a fun line, but I need them to do the Acclamator... I can't believe ActionFleet was the last time anyone did a large-sized Acclamator...
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 01:22 PM   #22
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

I considered getting some like the At-At that is on clearance at Walmart right now. However, I passed cause I don't know how I can even fill it up as I'd want the At-At to have 2 drivers, not just one and I would like some troopers and Speeder Bikes to fill it out.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 08:30 AM   #23
MandoLando
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
I considered getting some like the At-At that is on clearance at Walmart right now. However, I passed cause I don't know how I can even fill it up as I'd want the At-At to have 2 drivers, not just one and I would like some troopers and Speeder Bikes to fill it out.
Agreed At-At should've come with 2 drivers .
Picked one up on clearance for $29 which I think is a fair price for these ($89.97 was bonkers)

If you plan on grabbing At-At on clearance check the grey rubber neck area for splits/cracks they tend to be very brittle.
MandoLando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 08:41 AM   #24
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoLando View Post
Agreed At-At should've come with 2 drivers .
Picked one up on clearance for $29 which I think is a fair price for these ($89.97 was bonkers)

If you plan on grabbing At-At on clearance check the grey rubber neck area for splits/cracks they tend to be very brittle.

That is terrible. There is no way cracking/splitting should be happening on a toy that is a year old. Even more reason to skip the AT-AT.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 11:07 PM   #25
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
The distribution of this line, especially in Canada, has been a joke.

In the states it seems like only certain states keep getting product at any sort of regular rate. Others are like Canada, sitting on wave 1/2 product with no sign of anything new (outside of specialty shops).

I picked up one item to date, Ventress' fighter and that is it. I have passed on everything else, even the recent sales on the AT-AT and Razor Crest were not good enough to sway me to buy them.

So while TRU might have received a few more items than other retail in Canada, it is even easier now to pass with the ever increasing prices.
I think the poor distribution was because no one is buying them, so stores didn't order any new waves. Most Gamestops, Walmarts, and TRU are still packed full of Ventris starship.

Probably would have helped if they had more recognizable ships in the first wave, box makeup seemed to be multiple ventris and one or two of the other ships.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 06:37 AM   #26
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
I think the poor distribution was because no one is buying them, so stores didn't order any new waves. Most Gamestops, Walmarts, and TRU are still packed full of Ventris starship.

Probably would have helped if they had more recognizable ships in the first wave, box makeup seemed to be multiple ventris and one or two of the other ships.

I know every new line has to hit the "classics" to try and get interest, but this line was actually only slightly better than others.

They did provide some never before made ships which was great. Ventress' ship, and Moff Gideon's Outland Tie Fighter. However after that everything else in wave one was something we have seen before. Either a million times (Slave One, Millenium Falcon, X-Wing, Tie Fighter, etc) or a repaint of something we have had before as a "chase."

So they had lots of recognizable ships in wave one to kick off the line. However I think they flooded the market with so much product from wave one, and it was mostly stuff we all have in some form already. Then the price wasn't great, especially in Canada, and it was probably a bit of a hard sell without supporting media.

Overall I think the line is great, but like so many lines now I have multiples of most of the iconic ships/figures so there really is nothing new for me outside of new ships. However since they seem to have gotten stuck on wave 1, and a bit of wave 2, I am not finding much I really want, and definitely not at prices I would be willing to pay.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote