ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 08-25-2014, 11:27 PM   #1
Darrylb
Red Shirt
Cartoon TMNT in the lower mainland

I've just starting collecting turtles over the last few months ever since my son has discovered ninja turtles on his own. I am now re-living my childhood love of ninja turtles through him.
I have picked up all the retro turtles, splinter and shredder, as well as the party wagon for myself. I'm waiting for the retro krang and foots to arrive in canada.

I have been able to collect all the basic turtles and a few others for him. He gave me a funny look when I gave him splinter. ( he is only 4)
I have had no luck finding April, or a kraang for him. I just found a foot soldier today.

I know april is very rare, does anyone know if they are still producing them? Or once the run is out of stock we have to wait for a reissue?

Thanks
I'm glad I found this forum, a place to discuss my new found obsession.
Darrylb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:05 AM   #2
dindin
Super Friend
Re: Cartoon TMNT in the lower mainland

Playmates has a very good rep you could email (should be found on playmates.com in 'contact us' section). I sent a question once and they responded quite quickly. There is a slight problem for us Canucks. The Canadian distributor of TMNT wares is spinmaster and their usual answer is "we're just the distributor, we don't have control over such and such..." So if you do email playmates regarding production questions, don't mention you're from Canada, otherwise they will direct your email to spinmaster and you won't get an answer.

Back to April. As for as I know, you can't find the figure in the mass chain retailers, both here and in the US. But they could re-release it with future waves. For example, the foot soldier from the first (or second?) wave was re-released with the Rat King/Mouser wave. So there's a chance playmates may re-release April with a future wave. My best advice is email playmates and ask if theu have plans to re-release it. They still advertise the figure on the back of the cards.

I hope this helps.
dindin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:16 AM   #3
Darrylb
Red Shirt

Thanks, that's awesome!

I've had a pretty good run lately. Found all the 5" battle shell except Donny. Found Casey jones, mutagen man, newtralizer, foot soldier, shredder 2 all in the last few days. My TRU shipment arrived with the Limited 30th of Raphael. Looks pretty cool.

Have a tough time picking up a leatherhead, fishface, spiderbytes etc. as they seem rather poor figures, very limited articulation. Even splinter is pretty bad.

The new rahzar, and rat king are pretty scary for young children too.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:34 AM   #4
cloud
Master of the Universe

I have to disagree. Spiderbyte actually has decent articulation. The lower body is pretty much a statue but it might be for the better because of how he has his legs on the top. It helps balancing the figure.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:51 PM   #5
Darrylb
Red Shirt

Saw some pics of the new comic playmates turtles. Hitting shelves in the states next month

Is there somewhere we can pre-order these, or do I need to keep checking toysrus.com and just buy from them. Obviously they will take months to get to canadian shelves.

Last edited by Darrylb; 08-27-2014 at 12:55 PM.