ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 10-19-2022, 05:23 PM   #171
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive
Re: NMC Toys aka Northmen Collectibles feedback

I’m waiting to hear back from NMC.
I’m curious to see the response knowing that Consumer Protection Ontario is being CC’d in all emails from here on out.
I’d prefer to just get the product instead of a refund, but there’s no way store credit is an option when nothing I’m interested in is ever in stock and by the looks of erik’s post that no new Marvel Legends or Classified figures are going to be available going further. If that’s all I collect, then what the heck would I do with over $500 of store credit?
The part that ticks me off the most is how my emails regarding the Xenmu wave went unanswered until after the 1 year deadline for a refund. Once that deadline passed, and then I got a response, I figured it would be best to continue to wait.
But I can’t any longer. That $550 needs to go towards new snow tires for my wife’s car (obviously it’s not going to cover the whole amount of new snow tires but it’ll help), as at least as far as the Xenmu wave is concerned, they’re never showing up now. At least there’s still a faint hope for the Thundercats Ultimates figures, but I have my doubts about them too.
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 05:34 PM   #172
erik352
Cylon Centurion

Thanks to the tip from kentf, I reach out to super 7 and Rudy also answered my question. They know about nmctoys and Rudy said they no longer supply products to nmc. Now I'm not sure when they stopped..but my guess is whatever that's still on preorder ain't coming. I have close to $300 in store credit that I just used to get products i dont need. Sigh. What can we do right?? Very frustrating situation.

Last edited by erik352; 10-19-2022 at 07:09 PM.
erik352 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 12:23 PM   #173
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Yeah, luckily, the stuff I got was stuff I was casually interested in and other stuff, I might have wanted some parts of it and was later able to sell off the parts that I didn't want. I'm done with them though.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 08:00 PM   #174
abemecca
Cobra Trooper

There's way better places to buy your stuff in canada
abemecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 11:45 AM   #175
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Definitely! Glad I'm done with him. He was very good initially and was good with me. Just didn't have product but always responded to me.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 04:09 AM   #176
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik352 View Post
so you actually got a refund?

I notice NMC doesnt seem to have any new preorders for hasbro or super 7, its mostly for funko, mcfarlane, neca and mezco. I asked him about this and this was his reply:

I do not post any new pre-orders from either of those two. Too many problems.
Hasbro can't seem to properly fulfill their products meanwhile their crap has no problem hitting big box stores and on top of that they keep raising the price on their stuff to the point where you barely make any money on them anyways so why sell something that consistently causes you problems you make no money on?
For super7 they seem to be biting off more than they can chew. They're on wave 4 of the Simpsons line for example meanwhile wave 1 is still not out yet. That's setting up for a big problem down the road. I will re-evaluate super7's future releases once they start finally actually releasing some of their products. Maybe they're just being hit badly by the impact of covid on manufacturing and supply chains I don't know. They do make a good product though so I'm keeping an eye on it.

he's always blaming these companies. I do understand where he is coming from when it comes to hasbro, but with super 7, there is delay...but other stores already got their stock. He hasnt yet....my guess is he probably didnt even order it because he is like 3 waves behind compared to other stores.

I really doubt he'll fulfill all the other thundercats he has up for preorder...I doubt he even ordered those. I'm just gonna get what I can from his in-stock items...which is really slim pickings as is. sigh. My take away from his whole experience is never to preorder anymore, just buy an item when it's instock. sigh
Honestly it's a bunch of BS.
If it's NECA's ninja turtles stuff I understand because it's not just him but also other stores in Canada.
But Hasbro and Super 7 are usually pretty good. You can tell either he's lying or having his own problems when the same toys from Hasbro are arriving to other Canadian stores except him. No excuses for "NMC orders from the Canadian distributor, the others stores must be using a US distributor... doesn't even make sense"
Super 7 is a special case as their Ultimates line is made to order meaning that stores will get the exact amount they ordered for made. So no excuses there either. I know Super 7 is experiencing delays but you are asking for items that are in stock with other Canadian stores. Once again, just NMC that's having trouble so, doesn't look like Super 7 is the problem.

Even for Mcfarlane toys. NMC gets in their stock slower than other stores. Once again, I can't see how Mcfarlane toys experiencing troubles getting orders delivered to NMC but have no trouble with all other Canadian stores.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 07:48 PM   #177
ssjgoku22
Mutant

All I can say is if you have a negative experience with the store, don't forget to let that reflect in a Google review.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 10:15 PM   #178
erik352
Cylon Centurion

Finally got my package from nmctoys after 2 weeks. Now gonna just try to sell my what i got and hopefully get most of my money back. Such a relief not to have to deal with this store anymore. Honestly with so little new stock and with most collectors staying away....I wonder how long he can keep his business open.
erik352 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 10:08 AM   #179
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik352 View Post
Finally got my package from nmctoys after 2 weeks. Now gonna just try to sell my what i got and hopefully get most of my money back. Such a relief not to have to deal with this store anymore. Honestly with so little new stock and with most collectors staying away....I wonder how long he can keep his business open.
So as he has all that preorder money coming in he will survive. Toy collector ponzi scheme.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 11:34 AM   #180
Fermix
Cobra Trooper

Can't confirm the date on this screenshot but can confirm that it's authentic
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote