ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 02-28-2024, 07:54 AM   #7751
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetyme View Post
Of course they are packing Wolverine with Sabretooth. Wolverine is in the blockbuster of the summer with Deadpool 3.

Hasbro can sell these two packs containing him better than with just Sabretooth alone for casual fans. But for hardcore collectors it's obvious to see what tactics Hasbro is doing so it is seen as scummy. So there are both sides to it.

Let's also not forget that this version of Sabretooth (this exact figure as well) will show up somewhere else down the line. Probably within a year.

Super popular characters/figures get re-releases all the time so if someone is upset that he is in the 2-pack just wait. He'll be seen again, probably on his own, maybe even in a deluxe pack with extra accessories.
canprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 07:55 AM   #7752
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Patience is not a common virtue amongst most collectors...
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 08:36 AM   #7753
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
This is becoming very evident with the amount of two packs they're doing now days. They're packing figures people want with figures people already have or don't want so they are paying 2-pack price to get one figure they want which is pretty scummy but to be expected from ge Hasbro suits.
100% agree. That new Transformers 5-pack has the Earthrise Hound that all the TF collectors want, a mostly new sculpt, and Hasbro deliberately packs it with 4 repainted figures/old sculpts. The set is $161+tax on Gamestop.

And once people buy this set for the G1 cartoon colors Hound, Hasbro will undoubtedly re-release him a year or two later as a standalone figure in the "realistic" color scheme.

This time, I'm just going to wait it out.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 10:49 AM   #7754
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Patience is not a common virtue amongst most collectors...
Oh no, I can wait. I'm just annoyed at the fact they're doing it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetyme View Post
Of course they are packing Wolverine with Sabretooth. Wolverine is in the blockbuster of the summer with Deadpool 3.

Hasbro can sell these two packs containing him better than with just Sabretooth alone for casual fans. But for hardcore collectors it's obvious to see what tactics Hasbro is doing so it is seen as scummy. So there are both sides to it.
Except only hardcore fans would be interested in any of these wolverine variants that are in these 2-packs. Sabertooth on his own would sell way better among casuals than in a 2-pack with Logan because most casual fans are only going to care about the Jim Lee/animated series version of him which they likely already bought when the 97 version came out. So they aren't likely to fork over 2-pack prices just to get a sabertooth for their shelf and a Logan they don't care about. So again, this 2-pack makes very little sense..

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 02-28-2024 at 10:58 AM.
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM   #7755
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Oh no, I can wait. I'm just annoyed at the fact they're doing it at all.

Except only hardcore fans would be interested in any of these wolverine variants that are in these 2-packs. Sabertooth on his own would sell way better among casuals than in a 2-pack with Logan because most casual fans are only going to care about the Jim Lee/animated series version of him which they likely already bought when the 97 version came out. So they aren't likely to fork over 2-pack prices just to get a sabertooth for their shelf and a Logan they don't care about. So again, this 2-pack makes very little sense..
Yup exactly why I'm not buying this 2 pack, yeah Sabretooth looks awesome and that's the one I wish I had, but Im sticking with the Apocalypse wave one for now, not trying to buy this pack, gonna wait it out
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 01:52 PM   #7756
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
Yup exactly why I'm not buying this 2 pack, yeah Sabretooth looks awesome and that's the one I wish I had, but Im sticking with the Apocalypse wave one for now, not trying to buy this pack, gonna wait it out

But, but, but, but...........You could miss out on ever getting him..........FOMO!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2024, 02:16 PM   #7757
Eko123
Body without Organs

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Let's also not forget that this version of Sabretooth (this exact figure as well) will show up somewhere else down the line. Probably within a year.
Just curious, is this a repaint of the Sabretooth figure which was released years ago as part of the Apocalypse build-a-figure wave?

Or is it a completely new sculpt?
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 03:28 PM   #7758
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eko123 View Post
Just curious, is this a repaint of the Sabretooth figure which was released years ago as part of the Apocalypse build-a-figure wave?

Or is it a completely new sculpt?

It isn't a completely new mold. He is probably about 50% new? Maybe?

He has new pinless arms and new heads, collar and hands (I believe). The torso and legs are reuse, but I am not sure where from.
Old 02-28-2024, 03:36 PM   #7759
Snake Eyes
Cobra Trooper

I'm pretty sure its Omega Reds torso and legs
Snake Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 05:14 PM   #7760
dbaso
Clonetrooper

I see a charge from GameStop, but haven’t received a shipment email. I think it’s wave 2 of the Xmen 97 wave.

Anyone else to confirm?
dbaso is offline   Reply With Quote