ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 02-15-2016, 03:08 PM   #621
Darth Vicious
Cobra Trooper
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

I need that AT-AT driver.
Darth Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 04:39 PM   #622
MitchPower
Agent of Shield

I saw a flametrooper yesterday at eb games so check yours for wave 5
MitchPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:23 PM   #623
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
LCS = local comic book store, I believe...
Correct.

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:50 AM   #624
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

Gonna respond to this comment over here. Just don't want to bog the sightings thread with too much discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
LMAO

Buddy, I've been taking it from Hasbro for too long now...they don't even whisper sweet nothings in my ear anymore.

I wont stop buying completely, but I am officially part of the "pick and choose" scene now. We got skipped on new black series waves (Anakin/Yoda/Hux) and also got shafted on the last Marvel Legends Spiderman wave...because no one in Canada would buy a new Venom or Spider Gwen, right?

I've officially had it. Skipped waves, double dipping (Chewy/too many iron mans/captain americas etc), US exclusives not available in Canada, questionable character selections, some of the worst distrobution in the business (resulting in far too much hunting/time and gas wasted/or completely caving and buying from scalpers). The list goes on, and on, and on, and on...

I feel your pain man. I have wasted so much time and gas on hunting these down. But what is the alternative?

I have been preordering full waves from websites so I don't miss out. It costs me about $40 for each figure but I don't know what else to do to secure new figures.

The demand is so high cause the people buying these are old farts like me that grew up in the 80's. We have jobs and the expendable cash now to fill in those gaps in our childhood. The nostalgia factor is huge with this line. I compare it to the Masterpiece Transformers line. I have a certain amount of money I am willing to spend on Star Wars, so I want the best bang for the buck. The Black Series and Masterpiece TF lines are the best representation to the source material in my acceptable price range. Hot Toys, Mafex, Figuarts are just too much to for me to collect consistently.

I for one will not miss any future waves, cause buying older waves is insanely expensive. So might as well get my Vaseline ready lol.

Last edited by MULTIPLEX; 02-19-2016 at 11:59 AM.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 03:08 PM   #625
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Gonna respond to this comment over here. Just don't want to bog the sightings thread with too much discussion.

I feel your pain man. I have wasted so much time and gas on hunting these down. But what is the alternative?

I have been preordering full waves from websites so I don't miss out. It costs me about $40 for each figure but I don't know what else to do to secure new figures.

The demand is so high cause the people buying these are old farts like me that grew up in the 80's. We have jobs and the expendable cash now to fill in those gaps in our childhood. The nostalgia factor is huge with this line. I compare it to the Masterpiece Transformers line. I have a certain amount of money I am willing to spend on Star Wars, so I want the best bang for the buck. The Black Series and Masterpiece TF lines are the best representation to the source material in my acceptable price range. Hot Toys, Mafex, Figuarts are just too much to for me to collect consistently.

I for one will not miss any future waves, cause buying older waves is insanely expensive. So might as well get my Vaseline ready lol.
LOL great memes!

Ordering full waves is always on my radar, but it stings when I think about how many of the figures I'd be paying a premium on that essentially become peg warmers/farily common or are just figures I don't actually want (ie Zuvio...who the hell is this guy? was that him in a flashback scene? ahhhhhh! I've seen the movie three times! I have no idea who this guy is?!?). I know for sure that I'll be ordering a full case of the 6" Legends X-Men wave simply because there isnt a bad character included and all the figures look great (not to mention people will probably be scalping Deadpool for $50)

I absolutely agree that the people buying these figures are adults, if I had kids and they were wanting me to buy them $30 action figures I would tell them to get a paper route lol. I remember strolling into Zellers and picking up ghostbusters and TMNT figures for the $5 I got as an allowance doing chores for my mom. I'm also an 80's kid and now have a mortgage, car payments, insurance, bills, debt etc so buying the "high end" figures is usally reserved to buying one or two Hot Toys per year so I am totally behind collecting the "cheaper" collector figures.

I have no issues paying a premium for figures that seem impossible to find in the wild, I just cant justify over paying for things I don't want or can easily obtain with slim to no effort. I just can't understand why Hasbro can't pack their cases accordingly...they know everyone was going crazy over Phasma, they had to have known they lost an insane amount of sales to scalpers/eBay etc. Did they repack her 3/case? Nope...their business sense baffles me constantly. These are mass retail action figures, nowhere are they convayed as "limited edition"...and OMG they have to get Canada some of the US store exclusives...I could rant forever LOL

I just feel like hasbro is not meeting our consumer needs, and this comparison is going to be overly dramatic/inflated but i think it will drive my point home: say 1% of all Canadian drivers want to buy a brand new 2016 Volkwagen Golf and VW in turn can only cover 2/3's of those projected sales and then tell these people that Black and Red models are going to be exclusive to the US market...how many of these people just give up and go buy a Civic?
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 06:48 PM   #626
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Found a BS6 Phasma in-store here last week along with Jango and Flametrooper, so she must be shipping with the Han wave case. The fixed-up Rey and Kylo are also out up here, so I'm not sure what the case breakdown actually is.

I was happy to not miss the earlier rarer wave figures (Bossk, etc) by being down in the US on vacation and finding them.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 10:12 PM   #627
MitchPower
Agent of Shield

the updated Rey and Kylo are from wave 3 and yes Phasma is repacked in wave 5
MitchPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 10:44 PM   #628
wedge1021
Mutant

All I want is a stinkin' Jango.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 01:43 AM   #629
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
All I want is a stinkin' Jango.
Amen, brother!

The amount of time I've wasted haunting the Walmarts in my area trying to find that goddamn figure...
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:41 AM   #630
Ras
Red Shirt

Just because they make it downtown mean you need to buy it. I refuse to be a victim. Take matters into your own hands and choose wisely when you buy. After all these are just prices of plastic. I won't pay over a certain amount, I won't collect them all, and my life is much better as a result. There was a time for collecting them all, and that time is not now with current pricing and distribution.
Ras is offline   Reply With Quote