ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 02-16-2011, 05:40 PM   #11
RyDel
Super Friend
Re: Stupidest Thing You Have Done With Your Collection

12 years ago when I was leaving Ottawa to move to Calgary I had a garage sale. Sold my whole 80's G.I.Joe collection to a mom for $20 bucks. Ugh....it hurts thinking about it. It was like 3 big boxes of figures and vehicles.

I tell myself some kid was probably really really happy that day when his mom came home, so I suppose it's nice to know they continued to be played with.

I sold a complete collection of those orange colored vintage star wars cards that same day. I forget what I sold them for, but I know it dirt cheap.
RyDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:09 PM   #12
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Left the door to my room unlocked one day when some family friends came over and they had a three year old who literally got into everything....Including my Jurassic Park collection, which I had just finished setting up on a nice bookshelf not even two days after moving into the new house. Needless to say, while I was playing basketball with their two older boys, the little tike, who never was watched by his folks, totally disimaited my JP display, knocking many of the bottom shelf figures over and sending top shelf figures toppling to the floor by shaking the bookcase, one figure even ended up with a busted leg and some accessories ended up in the heating vent.

I was super ticked off, I mean, JP toys, especially the classic Kenner ones from 1993-1994 aren't the easiest pieces to come by these days, at least not for cheap.

So, I spent several hours trying to reset everything back up and learned to lock my door when the kid came over. Still burns me up that one of my favorite figures ended up losing a leg in the process though.

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:34 PM   #13
Drexl
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTO15 View Post
do you at least turn them around when you guys get naughty?
Nope,they get full view!, I even have a Peter Parker with his camera accessory! lol!
(Wow I'm glad she doesn't read these forums)
Drexl is offline   Reply With Quote