ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 05-10-2017, 11:15 PM   #1
iammingy
Clonetrooper
Thumbs down Toy Aisle Trolls

This photo below was taken this morning at the Walmart at Grandview Hwy in Vancouver. Luckily, a Hasbro rep was on-site and I had the opportunity to show her this f'd up scene...

Collecting action figures from retail stores in Greater Vancouver is already quite difficult because the supply never really meet the demands. Seeing thefts like this is making the hobby really frustrating.

I have never seen so many swapped figures at the same time in my life:
1. Civil War Captain America as Marvel's Shocker
2. Hulkbuster wave Dr Strange as Dormammu wave Dr Strange
3. Morbius as Spider-Gwen/Ben Reily Spider-man
4. Hawkeye as Spider-man 2099/UK (not shown)

Whoever you are, SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170510_091842.jpg (95.8 KB, 282 views)
iammingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:10 AM   #2
caffodian
Red Shirt
Re: Toy Aisle Trolls

Sadly stuff like this is why I've pretty much gone online only for Marvel Legends, which probably doesn't help get new cases rotated in :/
caffodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:14 AM   #3
TightyMhor
Cobra Trooper

Stuff like this is getting really ridiculous. Saw a cable swapped out with a WINTER SOLDIER body and TOYBIZ cable head with a dormammu baf piece... it was truly a sight to behold, not in a good way.
TightyMhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:40 AM   #4
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

The robbery is so bad at one WM here that the CS area has a small binder of previous wave ML6 figures... one per page showing Nuke, Cap, etc... which they look at even if you return something like a TF. Nice try WM but those pics are waves behind.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:09 AM   #5
66jedikiller66
Decepticon

I've never done stuff like this before, I've always had the cash to buy what I want.
I make exceptions here and there but, i usually have the cash.
However, when figures are $34 with tax I can understand why it is happening.
And, I'll bet you this is just the tip of the iceberg, with the US Dollar constantly going up I can guarantee you the prices of toys are going to make another jump up.
66jedikiller66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:26 PM   #6
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Yeah high prices definitely seem to boost the number of swappers out there. I've seen it happen with the SW 6" line at my local Walmart. If I see a swapped figure I will report it to customer service, it's the only way to squash this kind of behavior (hopefully the person who did the return is then banned from doing any returns at all).
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:04 AM   #7
iammingy
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffodian View Post
Sadly stuff like this is why I've pretty much gone online only for Marvel Legends, which probably doesn't help get new cases rotated in :/
I don't buy online because I look for those with a passable paint job and not two left legs/arms... Shipping is also another factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
The robbery is so bad at one WM here that the CS area has a small binder of previous wave ML6 figures... one per page showing Nuke, Cap, etc... which they look at even if you return something like a TF. Nice try WM but those pics are waves behind.
The CS staff would just need to look at the back of the packaging and they will realize that the figures have completely different colors! A blue Captain America vs. a yellow Shocker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66jedikiller66 View Post
I've never done stuff like this before, I've always had the cash to buy what I want.
I make exceptions here and there but, i usually have the cash.
However, when figures are $34 with tax I can understand why it is happening.
And, I'll bet you this is just the tip of the iceberg, with the US Dollar constantly going up I can guarantee you the prices of toys are going to make another jump up.
I totally agree with you on this. It's funny that when our dollars were strong (compared to the US dollars), the toys never got cheaper. Oh, the irony!

Last edited by iammingy; 05-12-2017 at 04:10 AM.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:24 AM   #8
66jedikiller66
Decepticon

I think, the reason that stuff like this goes up so much in Canada is because the Chinese manufacturers want their payment in US Dollars.
66jedikiller66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 06:02 PM   #9
iammingy
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66jedikiller66 View Post
I think, the reason that stuff like this goes up so much in Canada is because the Chinese manufacturers want their payment in US Dollars.
Interesting theory, but I don't think the Canadian retailers get stock directly from the Chinese factories. I think the toys are usually shipped to the US warehouses and are then distributed to Canada with/for bilingual packaging according to the orders made by the Canadian retailers.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:34 PM   #10
Robimus
Super Moderator

Not sure how it enters into the equation completely but Canada has a much higher tariff on Asian imports than the USA does as well.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote