ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 08-16-2017, 11:38 AM   #21
JonoPrime
Cobra Trooper
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

Man, that Loki is really cool looking! It has a nice mix of the movie & comic versions.

Another surprise with the KO Prowl, lol. I have the TRU version and cant tell the difference. Maybe I should be looking towards starting the KO line
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:42 AM   #22
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

It's crazy to me that we have yet to get a decent comic Marvel Legends Loki and that Prowl is excellent. www.tf-direct.com is where I got mine and have been easy to deal with.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:43 AM   #23
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

56 Funko The Rocketeer
He was a must buy as soon as I saw him. I only wish they gave him a removable helmet.

57 MP KO BumbleBee
Worth every penny, but I broke his mirrors off 2 minutes after I inboxed him.

58 Disney SW Phasma
Quick story, I was on a Mediterranean Cruise when the first “Force Friday” happened 2 years ago, but at one of the port stops we happened upon a DIsney Store and I couldn't help myself and had to pick her up. I don’t love the figure (More on that later) but it’s a nice souvenir for sure.

59 Hasbro Agent Venom
The official gateway drug to my new powerful “narcotic.” Venom was a pick up from a trip to Palm Springs. A very cool first Marvel Legend and the start of something cool.

60 Disney SW FO Stormtrooper
Back in Canada I was excited to see these figures at my local Disney Store, not so excited once I opened them up. Very ambitious idea, very meh execution.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:37 AM   #24
JonoPrime
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
It's crazy to me that we have yet to get a decent comic Marvel Legends Loki and that Prowl is excellent. www.tf-direct.com is where I got mine and have been easy to deal with.
Yeah, thats very true eh! Tooons of movie version Loki's over the years but nothing really great from the Marvel Legend line in terms of comic-ness, aside from one about 6-8 years ago.

Cool! Thanks for the TF link. I'll be sure to check it out ... And damn, if that MP BB doesnt look like the real deal.

That Venom shot is all kinds of awesome! Getting that bad boy was a major headache with Wallgreens but definitely worth it in the end, lol.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:14 AM   #25
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoPrime View Post
Yeah, thats very true eh! Tooons of movie version Loki's over the years but nothing really great from the Marvel Legend line in terms of comic-ness, aside from one about 6-8 years ago.

Cool! Thanks for the TF link. I'll be sure to check it out ... And damn, if that MP BB doesnt look like the real deal.

That Venom shot is all kinds of awesome! Getting that bad boy was a major headache with Wallgreens but definitely worth it in the end, lol.
The Agent Venom pick up was completely out of the blue as I walked into a random Palm Springs Walgreens that had around 4 of them; if I had know how rare they were I would have grabbed a few extra. It's still one of my top figures.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:15 AM   #26
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

61 Hasbro Spider-Man 2099
It’s like packaging up the 90’s for me; love it.

62 DCC G&M Batman
When I opened him up the leg broke off; literally crumbled in my hands. Thankfully LCS came to the rescue with a replacement.

63 Revoltech Jack Skellington
Love the movie, love the figure. So fragile looking it makes me nervous to even look at it.

64 Hasbro Spider-Woman
It’s bizarre that she was my 3rd ML. I think at the time I had my sights set on Spider people.

65 Hasbro V Optimus Prime
The last of my AOE figures, but certainly one of the best of all the series.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:19 PM   #27
JonoPrime
Cobra Trooper

That Spidey 2099 is another great ML for the collection!

Ive really wanted to dab into the Nightmare Before Xmas scene but have no idea where to start. The movie is just fantastic! And the Recoltech version you posted looks like it jumped outta the screen itself!

As always, great post man
Old 08-21-2017, 10:10 AM   #28
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoPrime View Post
That Spidey 2099 is another great ML for the collection!

Ive really wanted to dab into the Nightmare Before Xmas scene but have no idea where to start. The movie is just fantastic! And the Recoltech version you posted looks like it jumped outta the screen itself!

As always, great post man
Thanks!! Agreed about the Nightmare before Christmas stuff, there is way too much at this point. I think I got this one off amazon for relatively cheap, so it made sense.

66 Hasbro BS Storm Trooper
15 years ago I would have said that I would
always love 3 ¾ figures. I was wrong.

67 Hasbro BS Scout Trooper
I have always loved the Scout Troopers, but I have a few already and there is nothing remarkable about this one.

68 Hasbro BS Biggs
You were a disappointment in the special edition and a disappointment here… Learn to check your six and learn to get better articulation.

69 DCC TNBA Two Face
Haha, 69… nice. Cool figure, wish it was the original animated series one, especially since it looks like we aren’t getting one.

70 Disney Infinity Han Solo
Do you think he looks more like Adam Driver in this figure; hint, it’s in the nose.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:16 PM   #29
JonoPrime
Cobra Trooper

Wicked shots again, man!

The Animated Two Face is a sweet lookin' figure. I can totally hear that voice from the cartoon all those years ago

Ha ha, youre right that Solo figure does have an Adam Driver "feel" to it for sure.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:41 AM   #30
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Glad that you are enjoying these; It's exactly why I started documenting what I opened. I just hope Imagur doesn't screw everyone over like Photobucket did.

I also have hope that DCC will produce a Animated Series Two Face, but over all this version is pretty great.

71 Disney Infinity Darth Maul
I like the prequels and felt that Maul was totally wasted. Reminds me of a simpler time.

72 Hasbro Carnage
Picked him up at a liquidation retailer for $8. I didn’t realized how great of a deal that was at the time.

73 DCC G&M Superman
No broken limbs on this guy and they nailed his smug “Zhod like” facial expression.

74 Hasbro Superior Spider-Man
While the character is Superior, the figure is just average. Seriously the comic version has all these awesome gadgets while the toy is a simple repaint.

75 Hasbro Black Cat
Another pick up from the Liquidation store. Base by me. I’m still not sure that she is legitimate given her bluish hair color, but from everything I have seen looks to be ok.