ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 10-27-2020, 02:34 AM   #1011
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphGrid View Post
That's a good point. A lot of retailers here are sitting on stock and thinking "well...PR isn't selling all that well except for MMPR." I think Hasbro might've overestimated how much collectors care about the entire PR Legacy.

Especially so soon after Bandai took a crack at releasing some of the generational PR stuff in addition to Super Megaforce. IMO, stuff like Beast Morphers shouldn't have been in the LC right now, because they already have their own toy line aimed at the audience of the show. I get why since it's capitalizing on the show but I would be amazed if the collectors audience actually care about the show.

A staggered generational release per wave (MMPR LC > Zeo > Turbo > In Space LC > etc.) seems like the better idea. It's annoying to have to chase after figures multiple times so just give the people what they want ASAP.
Yeah I'm not liking how they are dragging this line out. I understand why they are but when it gets to the point where they are padding waves with old MMPR releases and soon MMPR Monsters of the week it gets annoying. I wouldn't mind getting more monsters and villains nor would I mind padding if we were at least 3 teams deep in terms of completions but we JUST finished MMPR and they're padding already, like comon.

Beast Morphers figures do have a niche collector audience. Those are mainly the collectors who still follow PR despite the writing having tanked years ago and then you have the collectors who are fans of the Japanese counterpart of Beast Morphers, "Go Busters" so they'd be interested in buying the figures as well.

I don't think they over estimated the strength of the fan base cause the Legacy line sold pretty damn well from what I remember, never saw anything peg warm too long. The problem I think is that fans invested so much into the Legacy line only for the quality to decline when it came to the figures and for the line to end leaving a lot of teams incomplete. Basically as you said it was "too soon" and too many collectors were burnt out and felt burnt by Bandai and Saban that they weren't able to get figures from later seasons they may have wanted. I believe that's the biggest problem right now. People don't want to have to buy the same popular teams over and over again, especially this soon just to get a complete set of a less popular team that they actually want. People are skeptical about investing into another line that may get cancelled before they even get the teams they don't have 3 versions of already. I don't think that Hasbro dragging and padding the hell out of this line gives the collectors much confidence either. Not only that but I think it could back fire too. If they keep shoving MMPR down our throats people who like other seasons might opt out entirely and say screw it cause it's taking way too long to finish their SPD team or whatever. 7 Waves to complete one team. That's over a year and a half just for one complete team. That is ridiculous and that was with no padding. If they keep padding with MMPR going forward it will take even longer..

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 10-27-2020 at 02:38 AM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 03:19 PM   #1012
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Yeah I'm not liking how they are dragging this line out. I understand why they are but when it gets to the point where they are padding waves with old MMPR releases and soon MMPR Monsters of the week it gets annoying. I wouldn't mind getting more monsters and villains nor would I mind padding if we were at least 3 teams deep in terms of completions but we JUST finished MMPR and they're padding already, like comon.

Beast Morphers figures do have a niche collector audience. Those are mainly the collectors who still follow PR despite the writing having tanked years ago and then you have the collectors who are fans of the Japanese counterpart of Beast Morphers, "Go Busters" so they'd be interested in buying the figures as well.

I don't think they over estimated the strength of the fan base cause the Legacy line sold pretty damn well from what I remember, never saw anything peg warm too long. The problem I think is that fans invested so much into the Legacy line only for the quality to decline when it came to the figures and for the line to end leaving a lot of teams incomplete. Basically as you said it was "too soon" and too many collectors were burnt out and felt burnt by Bandai and Saban that they weren't able to get figures from later seasons they may have wanted. I believe that's the biggest problem right now. People don't want to have to buy the same popular teams over and over again, especially this soon just to get a complete set of a less popular team that they actually want. People are skeptical about investing into another line that may get cancelled before they even get the teams they don't have 3 versions of already. I don't think that Hasbro dragging and padding the hell out of this line gives the collectors much confidence either. Not only that but I think it could back fire too. If they keep shoving MMPR down our throats people who like other seasons might opt out entirely and say screw it cause it's taking way too long to finish their SPD team or whatever. 7 Waves to complete one team. That's over a year and a half just for one complete team. That is ridiculous and that was with no padding. If they keep padding with MMPR going forward it will take even longer..
Unfortunately, the MMPR padding will likely continue given that nostalgia is pretty big money right now. It frustrates me too because there are fantastic rangers that would be cool to see as LC. For instance, some of the battlized Red Rangers would be nice (In Space, Triassic Red Ranger, SPD Red Battlizer, and so on), as well as some of the later teams. That's why I feel like a staggered generational release would've worked so well.

As for Beast Morphers, I was just confused as to the reason why we have both LC BMs and regular line BMs figures. To me, it doesn't really make sense as the amount of collectors that are interested in BMs are quite small, while the younger population is already accounted for with the 12 and 4 inch figures as well as the various packaged figures under the main PR line. I would've just waited before releasing BM LCs.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 03:57 PM   #1013
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

I give up. So Amazon cancelled my Zeo Red preorder. I emailed them and told them that was unacceptable, that there was literally no excuse to cancel an order I had placed months ago for an item that was still up for preorder the day before release. I got an apology email back, and they told me to order the item from another seller and that they would refund the difference in price after it arrived. Well... it never arrived. It’s been ‘at an Amazon facility’ in Calgary since the 22nd. Amazon sent me a ‘your package may be lost’ notice and refunded the total.

Nope. Done. Screw you Amazon, and the filthy Hasbro horse you rode in on. I got MMPR finished, the rest aren’t worth the stress of this bs. You want me to buy them Hasblow, then get them on store shelves. Never ordering this line online again.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 04:39 PM   #1014
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Unfortunately, the MMPR padding will likely continue given that nostalgia is pretty big money right now. It frustrates me too because there are fantastic rangers that would be cool to see as LC. For instance, some of the battlized Red Rangers would be nice (In Space, Triassic Red Ranger, SPD Red Battlizer, and so on), as well as some of the later teams. That's why I feel like a staggered generational release would've worked so well.

As for Beast Morphers, I was just confused as to the reason why we have both LC BMs and regular line BMs figures. To me, it doesn't really make sense as the amount of collectors that are interested in BMs are quite small, while the younger population is already accounted for with the 12 and 4 inch figures as well as the various packaged figures under the main PR line. I would've just waited before releasing BM LCs.
Yeah I feel like everything after in Space is always neglected in these more recent collector lines. It's always MMPR-In Space that matters the most, then the rest never get made or completed. I just want a full Lost Galaxy Team already.

Yeah I don't know why Hasbro is did Beast Morphers and Dino Charge so soon in LC. From haul videos I see stateside those BM and DC figures are just shelf warming. So kids aren't even buying them like that, since the smaller scale figures are cheaper and in scale with their previous Neo Saban era PR figures. I have no idea what Hasbro was thinking. Even Bandai knew better than to not make Legacy collection figures of Neo Saban era shows that were airing or just finished airing not long ago and have it clash with their Basic kids toy figure line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
I give up. So Amazon cancelled my Zeo Red preorder. I emailed them and told them that was unacceptable, that there was literally no excuse to cancel an order I had placed months ago for an item that was still up for preorder the day before release. I got an apology email back, and they told me to order the item from another seller and that they would refund the difference in price after it arrived. Well... it never arrived. It’s been ‘at an Amazon facility’ in Calgary since the 22nd. Amazon sent me a ‘your package may be lost’ notice and refunded the total.

Nope. Done. Screw you Amazon, and the filthy Hasbro horse you rode in on. I got MMPR finished, the rest aren’t worth the stress of this bs. You want me to buy them Hasblow, then get them on store shelves. Never ordering this line online again.
I'm just about done with Hasbro in general at this point. They can't get any of their products on shelves or to retailers on time with enough to supply the demand. Not only that but they can't even fulfill items from their own damn warehouse via their own Hasbro pulse website. A lot of horror stories regarding that. Their customer service is also terrible. Me and another user on here got told they would ship out DT White helmets last month. We both had to email them again, the other user had his sent to him. It's been a week since I sent a new ticket regarding it and no one has given me a response yet. Mean while there have been reports of people getting 3-4 helmets despite only asking for one and people are scalping just the replacement head on ebay now for like $30. What a circus that company is man..Bandai had its problems but Bandai always had their products on the shelf and on time when they were handling the toys.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 10-28-2020 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10-28-2020, 06:17 PM   #1015
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

What I don't understand is why the DT White Ranger was allowed to be shipped in that state.

Missing the black outline is just no excuses whatsoever.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 07:25 PM   #1016
ghostlurk29
Mutant

Quote:
What I don't understand is why the DT White Ranger was allowed to be shipped in that state.

Missing the black outline is just no excuses whatsoever.
The next couple waves will be interesting. The line got a new design lead back in July (a senior Transformers guy), so maybe we'll see an improvement in quality next year.

They desperately need a new base-body. Hopefully they can steal something from the Classified line in the near future.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 10:24 PM   #1017
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
The next couple waves will be interesting. The line got a new design lead back in July (a senior Transformers guy), so maybe we'll see an improvement in quality next year.

They desperately need a new base-body. Hopefully they can steal something from the Classified line in the near future.
Maybe Snake eyes body? Articulation on that figure is nuts for $30.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:37 PM   #1018
random11
Convention Exclusive

Green ranger is back at walmart... hopefully they wont cancel again https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/power-r.../6000202156638
random11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 02:46 PM   #1019
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by random11 View Post
Green ranger is back at walmart... hopefully they wont cancel again https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/power-r.../6000202156638
I would like to place and order. But I'm not sure how accurate this is. Mainly because it seems cheaper than a normal Lightning Collection figure.

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 02:47 PM   #1020
random11
Convention Exclusive

That’s how it was when it went up for preorder. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
random11 is offline   Reply With Quote