ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 10-31-2012, 09:53 AM   #11
pattycakeman
Cylon Centurion
Re: Disney Purchases Lucasfilm For $4.05B Star Wars VII Coming In 2015

I think this is great news! Anything that brings new media is awesome. Even though episodes 1-3 were not as good as the originals, they were still decent enough movies that i still enjoy watching, I would only assume that the next trilogy will be much the same, good movies but wont stand up to the originals. And who doesnt want more Indiana Jones? nobody thats who, as long as they keep shia labeef out of it.

Who else wants the new Marvel Gaurdians of the Galaxy movie to be tied in with the empire somehow?
pattycakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:17 AM   #12
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Just put the story up on my blog.

This is very exciting news. Although, I recently heard the films will not be based off Zhan's Thrawn trilogy, but be based off an original idea according to a rep at LucasFilm.

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:12 AM   #13
FETT1
Agent of Shield
Talking Re: Disney Purchases Lucasfilm For $4.05B Star Wars VII Coming In 2015

...Bring on INDY 5....
FETT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:32 PM   #14
Rogue_Optimus
Decepticon

They're probably the rumored storyline that lucas had in mind when he origianlly wrote 3-6 and the ones that he insisted never existed on the dvd/blu-ray releases
Rogue_Optimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #15
Hantei
Master of the Universe

Very interesting, does this mean the Star Wars comics are gonna be published by Marvel? Universe crossover events, hah.

I'd love to see a Toy Story 4 now that includes action figures of Marvel and Star Wars characters!

So the new trilogy, how's Lucas involved? Director/Writer? Or more like an executive producer role?
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #16
pattycakeman
Cylon Centurion

From what I've read he will be a "creative consultant".

I read this morning that Lucas plans to give the bulk of the 4 billion to charity.
pattycakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #17
SIKKBONES
Cobra Trooper
Re: Lucasfilm Purchased by Disney - Plans For Star Wars Episode 7 Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgardee View Post
I think it's great news. In 2015 my son will be 8 - 9 years old (depending when they release it) and that's a great age to get hooked. It will make buying toys fun for me as well. I just hope they bring back mark Hamill as an older Jedi to teach younger Jedi. I doubt Harrison would be in it but I think the franchise can survive without him. Then again, Disney now also owns Indiana Jones so if he ever wants to make another Indy movie they have leverage for at least a small cameo in Star Wars.

Personally I think they should treat Indiana Jones like Jams Bond and have new actors pick up the Indian Jones character, starting with Joe Flanigan.
or Shia lebuaf?
SIKKBONES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #18
lars573
Clone trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue_Optimus View Post
They're probably the rumored storyline that lucas had in mind when he origianlly wrote 3-6 and the ones that he insisted never existed on the dvd/blu-ray releases
Lucas is always cagey about what story treatments exactly he has sitting in a safe somewhere.
lars573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #19
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

While I'm super excited to hear that we may finally get some quality Star Wars films heading our way, I'm not so sure how much I'd want to see of the original cast. Luke, Han and Leia were iconic, and I cherish them in my memories and on my DVDs, but to be honest, Mark Hamil, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher have all seen better days. Replacing them simply isn't an option; it would make the whole experience feel cheap. I'm kind of hoping that Episodes 7 and up only feature the original cast as cameo appearances or supporting characters and that the films take focus on other characters as the main vehicles for the story. Perhaps members of the New Jedi Order, or even Han and Leia's children. Could be interesting, although given how much "history" is established in the expanded universe novels, I wouldn't want any films to throw out the continuity that loyal fans have read about in the post "ROTJ" timeline.

A tricky course ahead, but an interesting one! There's no way to please all of the fans, but I'm hopeful that we'll see some great expansion in the Star Wars mythos!
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #20
Zone55555
Clonetrooper

I'm optimistic. Disney has done right by the Marvel franchises, I think they can get at the heart of what makes Star Wars.
Zone55555 is offline   Reply With Quote