ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 03-07-2013, 03:04 AM   #21
protoform_ironhide
Cobra Trooper
Re: Target Opens First Canadian Stores

I have to agree Target does charge a bit more compare to Walmart, but I also have to say most of the Targets I visited have way better service compare to most lousy Walmarts I visited down to Seattle. Stuff from Target tends to have better quality. Stuff u can get from Target, u may not be able to find at Walmart especially things for my baby.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #22
Robimus
Super Moderator

Target in the USA will check the back for you. Walmart, no way.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #23
protoform_ironhide
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Target in the USA will check the back for you. Walmart, no way.
This is so true.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:44 AM   #24
faustx
Red Shirt

Word on the street is that Target prices will be disappointing to anyone familiar with the US levels. They aren't here to undermine price levels, rather, they want in on the inflated levels.

As for exclusives, I suspect those will show up, but at +20-25% pricing.

J
faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #25
cobralegion
Decepticon

So in another thread it mentions the new DC exclusives are 19.99 at Target Canada...anyone know what the USA price is? Our Target opens in May....Can't wait as the other store have had nothing at all in. Since Zellers closed I've been going to Walmart more often and I can't believe how poor the selection is there. I dont really care if I have to spend a few more dollars if I can at least find the product!
cobralegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #26
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobralegion View Post
So in another thread it mentions the new DC exclusives are 19.99 at Target Canada...anyone know what the USA price is? Our Target opens in May....Can't wait as the other store have had nothing at all in. Since Zellers closed I've been going to Walmart more often and I can't believe how poor the selection is there. I dont really care if I have to spend a few more dollars if I can at least find the product!
Well my local comic book shop had the Batman/Superman/Flash/Hawkman wave for $25 each, and Walmart still has a few Sinestros, etc. for $18.92 regular price. As well TRU has whatever stock they still have at $19.99, so I would say that the price is fairly good at Target, but the fact that they have this wave and no one else does is what makes it even better. I believe in the US at Target they are going for $15-$16 but I'm not 100% sure.

I just hope I can snag a Hawkman and Flash before they sell out. I already have Superman and Batman from an earlier release.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:19 AM   #27
cobralegion
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Well my local comic book shop had the Batman/Superman/Flash/Hawkman wave for $25 each, and Walmart still has a few Sinestros, etc. for $18.92 regular price. As well TRU has whatever stock they still have at $19.99, so I would say that the price is fairly good at Target, but the fact that they have this wave and no one else does is what makes it even better. I believe in the US at Target they are going for $15-$16 but I'm not 100% sure.

I just hope I can snag a Hawkman and Flash before they sell out. I already have Superman and Batman from an earlier release.
Thanks!!Thats what I'm hoping for to..that they get in a lot of the stuff that we usually dont get.
cobralegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #28
Zone55555
Clonetrooper

Ours in London isn't open yet, and no solid date given but it'll be spring. I'm just hoping they carry the exclusives. I flatly don't care if they're a little more than WalMart, they'll still invariably be cheaper than driving to the states or getting robbed on ebay.

Targets are a nicer shopping experience generally than WalMart (subjective, I know) but they tend to restock better and tend to have nicer stuff (and that is objective). It'll be good to have them around.
Zone55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #29
JohnySpade
Red Shirt

Milton has next to nothing for selection and everything is $2-3 more than Walmart.
JohnySpade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #30
SIKKBONES
Cobra Trooper

any target exclusives seen yet?
SIKKBONES is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
target