ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 02-10-2024, 02:25 PM   #461
FETT1
Agent of Shield
Re: New Dollarama Action Figure finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Ramas. I never think to check Marshall's even though there is one in the same mall.
Ditto...especially after XMAS when they have a very sparse toy section ..
FETT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 02:30 PM   #462
FETT1
Agent of Shield

I was talking to one RAMA employee who was quite nice and informative ..She mentioned that Stores will get different product . Some of the item's are called ONE-SHOTS ... meaning if you see them , and want them ....BUY THEM .. there may be no more coming .
I found MASTERVERSE only at one Rama here in DEADMONTON ...guess tghese are the one-shots ... yikes !
FETT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 02:34 PM   #463
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Managed to find Tigerzord, Mega Tigerzord, Dragonzord Battle Mode and Black and Gold Megazord at a Dollarama in Richmond Hill Ontario.

So they might still be out there if anyone is looking for them. For $5 these are great, $20, or whatever they charged before, was an insane price.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 03:00 PM   #464
Brent
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
Managed to find Tigerzord, Mega Tigerzord, Dragonzord Battle Mode and Black and Gold Megazord at a Dollarama in Richmond Hill Ontario.

So they might still be out there if anyone is looking for them. For $5 these are great, $20, or whatever they charged before, was an insane price.
They are everywhere here. Some locations actually have unopened cases on the top shelves.
I never thought I'd be buying any of this line, but the box design is so nice and they display quite well.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 03:05 PM   #465
Brent
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETT1 View Post
I was talking to one RAMA employee who was quite nice and informative ..She mentioned that Stores will get different product . Some of the item's are called ONE-SHOTS ... meaning if you see them , and want them ....BUY THEM .. there may be no more coming .
I found MASTERVERSE only at one Rama here in DEADMONTON ...guess tghese are the one-shots ... yikes !
Well, I've been to 22 Dramas in the past 3 days. 2 had League if Legends and 1 had the MOTU Wave 12. So that makes 5-10% of stores having stuff I wanted. I feel bad for you guys that only have one or two stores in your area.
Old 02-10-2024, 05:26 PM   #466
4lott
Master of the Universe

Brent, out of curiosity was the store that you found the wave 12 at one that previously received the last wave of MOTU legends a few weeks back?
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 06:04 PM   #467
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Nothing here in YYC stores except Origins Clamp Champ and Ram Man...
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 06:33 PM   #468
Brent
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
Brent, out of curiosity was the store that you found the wave 12 at one that previously received the last wave of MOTU legends a few weeks back?
I'm not sure. I was at the Masson store the same day that I found the Webstor wave (January 12) at the store on Ontario Est. They didn't have any MOTU product out at that time and I wasn't able to get back there until yesterday.
Old 02-10-2024, 07:47 PM   #469
Eko123
Body without Organs

Just a casual observation...but out of all the brand name collector-oriented action figures that have shown up recently at Dollarama over the past few months, I've noticed that the ones that seem to fly off the pegs the quickest (at least in Toronto) have surprisingly been the McFarlane Toys Princess Bride figures.
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 06:26 AM   #470
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eko123 View Post
Just a casual observation...but out of all the brand name collector-oriented action figures that have shown up recently at Dollarama over the past few months, I've noticed that the ones that seem to fly off the pegs the quickest (at least in Toronto) have surprisingly been the McFarlane Toys Princess Bride figures.

That's because those garbage figures, like a lot of action figures at Dollarama, are not worth the price until they hit $5 or less and "impulse" buying kicks in. I know I bought Inigo and Dread Pirate Roberts but passed on Vizzini and Butter Cup. The figures are average at best for articulation and range from passable to utter garbage for likenesses. I only bought the two because I consider them the best part of the movie. Followed closely by Vizzini and Fezzik. However even at $5 I don't really want a Wallace Shawn action figure, and Fezzik didn't come in this wave and frankly the sculpt is still terrible.

That is the good/bad thing about Dollarama's recent spate of action figure goodness. Impulse buying (and over buying on my part) is too easy. I picked up way too many Star Wars Mission Fleet figures because they were under $5 when I really only had a couple ships before that. I have a bunch of stuff I picked up at Dollarama "just because" of the price when I really didn't collect them before. Same goes for $5 Fridays at Gamestop. I pick up way more figures on those days than I actually want/collect because of the price.

Now of course that is a me problem, but it does kind of show the problem with the action figure market now. It is overpriced in a lot of cases, but when they get cheap I get sucked in way too much.

Also they may not have much stock for stocking the shelves as FETT1 mentioned after talking to an employee.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote