ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 12-20-2020, 10:31 AM   #211
RocketGTR
Cylon Centurion
Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Online/Pre Order Sightings Thread

No pre-orders on Krang so far
RocketGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 01:20 PM   #212
PompousDawson
Red Shirt

Just got my Metalhead from EbGames. He is glorious.
PompousDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 05:06 PM   #213
Sharkdog
Premium Blend

Got my TMNT2 Tokka and Rahzar set in today. No duties for me though, suckas! :P
Sharkdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 10:55 PM   #214
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post
Apologies if I missed it while skimming back through this thread, but any word on which Canadian retailer if any will be offering the Target exclusive NECA cartoon Krang in robot armour?
It’s showing up in Targets now yet I never noticed anywhere to preorder it here.
Will it be TRU? EB Games?
When it's ready it will be up for pre-order. Seems like Canada is getting 2nd shipments. Considering we just got Metalhead. Won't see any new NECA TMNT until next year.
Toys R Us, we don't get turtles ... It will be either with EB or local comic shops or toy stores.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 10:58 PM   #215
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
If you didn't have to pay tax on imports, everyone would import everything, and nobody would pay GST or PST on anything. The government isn't that stupid.

Also, it would put Canadian businesses at an unfair disadvantage, because their prices would always be higher than imports, due to the added tax.
And yet in the States there's no import tax and they seems to have people buying from US businesses. It's not an unfair disadvantage if I can't find it.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 11:21 PM   #216
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
And yet in the States there's no import tax and they seems to have people buying from US businesses. It's not an unfair disadvantage if I can't find it.
The US market is more than 10 times the size of Canada's. California alone is double ours. Then there's the fact that our prices are higher, and most US sellers offer free domestic shipping, even on Ebay. Plus, most Americans barely even know we exist, so it's really no risk for them.

Meanwhile, the main reason the US doesn't impose duties on Canadian imports is because they want our business, and we would all happily shop at US online retailers. They have better selection, and better prices.

In the recent trade talks, The US was pushing Canada to drop up our duty-free exemptions specifically because of this. And the CA gov't definitely wouldn't do that if US still had duties on us.

There is really no comparison. If Canada allowed unlimited tax-free and duty-free shopping from the US, we would be destroying our own retail economy.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 11:38 PM   #217
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
The US market is more than 10 times the size of Canada's. California alone is double ours. Then there's the fact that our prices are higher, and most US sellers offer free domestic shipping, even on Ebay. Plus, most Americans barely even know we exist, so it's really no risk for them.

Meanwhile, the main reason the US doesn't impose duties on Canadian imports is because they want our business, and we would all happily shop at US online retailers. They have better selection, and better prices.

In the recent trade talks, The US was pushing Canada to drop up our duty-free exemptions specifically because of this. And the CA gov't definitely wouldn't do that if US still had duties on us.

There is really no comparison. If Canada allowed unlimited tax-free and duty-free shopping from the US, we would be destroying our own retail economy.
Exactly.

All you have to do is look at how things went when the dollar was last at par.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:29 AM   #218
Doesmachines
Red Shirt

Canucktibles and NMCtoys (and I’m sure other places that typically carry NECA preorders) have Krang, Chromedome, mondo and muck man preorders.
Doesmachines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:23 PM   #219
Rj64
Agent of Shield

Comic shops will be selling two different packages of retro turtles playmates figures. They just announced them today and even though they don't release for many months from now, to guarantee your order through a comic shop you have to get your preorders in by February 1st.

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/DEC208130

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/DEC208129
Rj64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:27 PM   #220
Rj64
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doesmachines View Post
Canucktibles and NMCtoys (and I’m sure other places that typically carry NECA preorders) have Krang, Chromedome, mondo and muck man preorders.
Deluxe krang is so far off still unfortunately didn't expect a summer release.
Rj64 is offline   Reply With Quote