ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 09-15-2021, 01:57 PM   #4221
wedge1021
Mutant
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Awesome, thanks for all the opinions!
It's great to read thoughts and reactions from people with different tastes, needs, and stages of the hobby!
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:24 PM   #4222
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

EB Games sent that Spider-Man 2099.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spidey2099.jpg (96.7 KB, 12 views)
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:33 PM   #4223
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

I think the Armored Spidey shares most of the same parts as Armored daredevil. I wish the design team would be consistent with these animated figures, either do all animated or all comic. One thing I noticed from the live stream is the One Asian dude with hat from the legends team saying how he pleaded with the older dude who is involved with design to rewatch the cartoon and got him to remove the scale skin to be more accurate with the show. From the looks of things the older dude really needs to retire and let the younger dudes on the team take over cause they seem to care more about accuracy and are more familiar with source material than he is. I get the feeling alot of questionable design choices were cause of him.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:38 PM   #4224
random11
Convention Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
I think the Armored Spidey shares most of the same parts as Armored daredevil.
It looks completely different to me. At most you might be able to convince me they used the chest as a starting point when they were moulding armoured spideys chest. But otherwise I dont see any pieces that are the same. Unless there was a different armoured daredevil that youre looking at? Im looking at the retro spiderman one and seeing basically nothing similar.
random11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:39 PM   #4225
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by random11 View Post
It looks completely different to me. At most you might be able to convince me they used the chest as a starting point when they were moulding armoured spideys chest. But otherwise I dont see any pieces that are the same. Unless there was a different armoured daredevil that youre looking at? Im looking at the retro spiderman one and seeing basically nothing similar.
They said on the Livestream that Armored Spidey is a brand new sculpt and tooling.
Old 09-15-2021, 02:42 PM   #4226
random11
Convention Exclusive

Ya its definitely new sculpt and tooling. But I could see them using old sculpts as a starting point. But I dont see if for armoured daredevil.
Old 09-15-2021, 03:00 PM   #4227
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
I'm curious, what are the reasons that people are excited for the retro Hobgoblin? Is it because of the style of the figure, or because the Space Venom wave one is expensive/hard-to-find? Personally, I think the previous release looks better - same with Shocker. Though these retro card versions have typically had a more 90s cartoon feel to them, which I can totally dig as well.

Also, what is the attraction for the various Spidey figures? Is it the buck? I feel like we've had a lot of Symbiote Spidey, Ben Reilly, etc in the past few years. Nice for those who are new to the hobby though, or who missed previous versions.
My whole excitement for the Hobgoblin is the fact I love the character and don't have him in my collection, because of how hard the older one is to get, and I'm not paying those prices, do I like this new Hobgoblin , not that much, do I like the older one better oh hell yes, am I going to settle for the new one yes.

I think the attraction to the new spidey's is new collectors don't have black suit or ben in his spider-man outfit, plus this new buck is hugely desired for it's update and poseability.
Old 09-15-2021, 03:32 PM   #4228
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
They said on the Livestream that Armored Spidey is a brand new sculpt and tooling.
I dunno to me the chest and shoulders looked like reuse to me. More so the torso
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 03:34 PM   #4229
random11
Convention Exclusive

its not a reuse
Old 09-15-2021, 03:37 PM   #4230
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
From the looks of things the older dude really needs to retire and let the younger dudes on the team take over cause they seem to care more about accuracy and are more familiar with source material than he is. I get the feeling alot of questionable design choices were cause of him.
Dwight Stall? Lol, yeah, he's been making questionable design choices for years. I think he's actually mellowed a bit over time - he used to be a little more standoffish in interviews.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote