ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 04-23-2022, 02:40 PM   #5241
Enforcer
Dark Knight
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Re-using molds is Hasbro's way of going green
so green lol
Enforcer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 03:29 PM   #5242
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphGrid View Post
Nah I'm not worried about it tbh. I have my preorders in, I'm just surprised at how quick it's selling out regardless of the complaints about price.

It kinda prove my hypothesis right that if it's the right character, people will ignore the price increases.
For Spider-Man, this was a very slow selling out. The retro wave stuff sold out in minutes, not hours, let alone days.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 04:45 PM   #5243
Napseeker
Dark Knight

I think the shocker of the price increase caused many to delay their usual instant gratification, but given enough time and some mulling over whether it was worth the new cost, people came around.

There's always that period of acclamation, but perhaps next time when Hasbro releases something that is desirable, then the new price has settled into people's minds and there may not be as much hesitation.

I can resist AF Spidey, since I saw all the official pics and still didn't feel it was worth it, but if Hasbro did the classic Marauders, I'd pre-order right away so long as it was under $40.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 05:53 PM   #5244
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
I think the shocker of the price increase caused many to delay their usual instant gratification, but given enough time and some mulling over whether it was worth the new cost, people came around.

There's always that period of acclamation, but perhaps next time when Hasbro releases something that is desirable, then the new price has settled into people's minds and there may not be as much hesitation.

I can resist AF Spidey, since I saw all the official pics and still didn't feel it was worth it, but if Hasbro did the classic Marauders, I'd pre-order right away so long as it was under $40.
Don't forget about FOMO too. I'm sure a lot of collectors ordered them despite maybe not wanting to cause price but knew they would have to pay ridiculous amounts of Money later on if they changed their minds or take the risk with trying to find one in the wild.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 10:07 AM   #5245
VincentVega
Cobra Trooper

It will be interesting to see how the price increases effect the line going forward. Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iron Man and the main characters sell well but will the b and c tier characters sell at whatever the new price is? If not will Hasbro scale back on them and have more of the a list characters in a line or will we see a shift to the popular characters selling out quick while the rest peg warm waiting for a sale or clearance (more than what's happening now, I mean).
VincentVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 10:25 AM   #5246
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
It will be interesting to see how the price increases effect the line going forward. Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iron Man and the main characters sell well but will the b and c tier characters sell at whatever the new price is? If not will Hasbro scale back on them and have more of the a list characters in a line or will we see a shift to the popular characters selling out quick while the rest peg warm waiting for a sale or clearance (more than what's happening now, I mean).
Retailers aren't gonna like c and b tier characters peg warming longer than they currently do. Hasbro might be in deep waters if that happens. We could maybe see what happened with Black Series happen with Legends, where stores don't want to carry the line.
Old 04-24-2022, 02:12 PM   #5247
Enforcer
Dark Knight

I know very little about the Star Wars Black line, but at the current prices I see a lot of *very* obscure characters just clogging the shelves at TRU especially. The dad from Rogue One and the novel Bucky o Hare guy 10 boxes deep and 5 across. Not a pleasant sight you want to see happen to Legends.
Enforcer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 03:03 PM   #5248
Webs
Man of Spiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
I know very little about the Star Wars Black line, but at the current prices I see a lot of *very* obscure characters just clogging the shelves at TRU especially. The dad from Rogue One and the novel Bucky o Hare guy 10 boxes deep and 5 across. Not a pleasant sight you want to see happen to Legends.
I've seen this sentiment shared for Marvel Legends, and I'm inclined to agree.
How much longer can we expect to see obscure and bizarre characters like The Hood and Frog Man being made when prices are going to dissuade anyone other than hardcore collectors from buying them?
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 04:36 PM   #5249
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webs View Post
I've seen this sentiment shared for Marvel Legends, and I'm inclined to agree.
How much longer can we expect to see obscure and bizarre characters like The Hood and Frog Man being made when prices are going to dissuade anyone other than hardcore collectors from buying them?
That is why I'm saying they need more reissues of anchor characters. As of now the veteran collectors have most of what they want so they aren't going to be buying as much as they used to, especially with prices going up. Hasbro needs to hook new collectors by giving new fans a chance to get those popular characters they know so they can pick up the slack of the vets. Hasbro I think knows this which is why we're getting the all the animated/comic Spidey figures on retro cards. Once new collectors get the characters they want, they will be more willing to get more obscure characters. Like whats the point of buying toad if you don't have a Juggernaut, Mystique, etc.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 04-24-2022 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-26-2022, 02:16 PM   #5250
VincentVega
Cobra Trooper

Gamestop had the Love and Thunder wave up for pre-order. Amazon has Gorr and Groot but not the others, yet.
VincentVega is offline   Reply With Quote