ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 09-26-2022, 03:41 PM   #5961
cloud
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by megathong View Post
I'm surprised no one mentioned how small the new windowless packaging is.

I found a Sentry and the box is about a 1/3 smaller. This is the reason Hasbro switched. It has little to do with plastic.

High shipping rates over the last 2 years have been a significant issue so this will help Hasbro reduce costs plus an opportunity to increase prices based on a change.

Smaller packaging also helps with warehousing both in China and worldwide.
That's one way of seeing things but also it has a lot of do with the plastic because that's what they eliminated for the packaging.
The new design no longer needs to accommodate the plastic tray inside so no points in keeping the width. From what I've seen it's cardboards holding the figure in place.
I don't see the small size reduction is of any issue (That's what she said lol). If you are a MOC collector than less space for the win.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 03:45 PM   #5962
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
The Early Bird loss was a bump in the road and a bad call from a PR standpoint. Losing something from the perceived value in the first week is a very tough pill to swallow. If it weren't for this Early Bird situation, the backer count would still be going up if the depowered Robbie was announced as an early tier unlock. A 5th tier.

While it makes more sense to back now (zero risk, cancel at any time) to reveal all of the tiers and gauge the full value of the final release - an overwhelming amount of the final backers are fence-sitters who are waiting on the "product to become real" and the tiers are guaranteed. This will increase significantly before the deadline. Previous HasLabs have seen 10-15k backers in the final day. Galactus looked like a lost hope in the final 5 days, and did record numbers. The people on the fence are a frustrating majority - we can't see the whole scope of the release until they finally back... and that won't be until the end. It's always a flurry at the end.
I completely understand what Hasbro is trying to do with the earlybird. So that they can start tooling a month early because of the rising cost. A month can be quite a difference.
That being said, I feel like it's disrespectful to the crowd funding idea.
For the "Ghost Driver". I don't think it's a terrible choice. It's a cool toy but like you guys mentioned not very popular. The reveal of Mephistopheles was great but if the tiers are all characters, they really should just reveal all of them to boost sales if they were aiming for the early bird.
If Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider was a niche choice. Then having Robbie Reyes human form as an incentive still stays in the same niche and adds nothing to increasing the appeal.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 03:57 PM   #5963
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
That's one way of seeing things but also it has a lot of do with the plastic because that's what they eliminated for the packaging.
The new design no longer needs to accommodate the plastic tray inside so no points in keeping the width. From what I've seen it's cardboards holding the figure in place.
I don't see the small size reduction is of any issue (That's what she said lol). If you are a MOC collector than less space for the win.
Not really. Moc collectors are boned because they no longer have the open window. Without it, it's just a box with a 3d image on it. So having smaller box isn't a win for them.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 07:37 PM   #5964
Ksteel
Mutant

Quote:
The Early Bird loss was a bump in the road and a bad call from a PR standpoint. Losing something from the perceived value in the first week is a very tough pill to swallow. If it weren't for this Early Bird situation, the backer count would still be going up if the depowered Robbie was announced as an early tier unlock. A 5th tier.

While it makes more sense to back now (zero risk, cancel at any time) to reveal all of the tiers and gauge the full value of the final release - an overwhelming amount of the final backers are fence-sitters who are waiting on the "product to become real" and the tiers are guaranteed. This will increase significantly before the deadline. Previous HasLabs have seen 10-15k backers in the final day. Galactus looked like a lost hope in the final 5 days, and did record numbers. The people on the fence are a frustrating majority - we can't see the whole scope of the release until they finally back... and that won't be until the end. It's always a flurry at the end.

All in all, if you're backing this, get ready to pay near $600 Canadian.

I hope for the case of the backers, some significant extra stuff is added to justify that price.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 10:12 AM   #5965
Enforcer
Dark Knight

There you go! Much better. Well done.

Most backers are probably aware of the exchange rate, but thank you for confirming. Yes, ideally this hits all stretch goals to help with the high CDN price.

There are several thousand people sitting on the fence just waiting. Final days will be interesting.

In other news there was a new mystery Black Panther Wakanda Forever figure found in the Amazon system. This would likely be the mystery new Black Panther that I will not discuss further for fear of riling the spoiler crew.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 10:59 AM   #5966
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
There you go! Much better. Well done.

Most backers are probably aware of the exchange rate, but thank you for confirming. Yes, ideally this hits all stretch goals to help with the high CDN price.

There are several thousand people sitting on the fence just waiting. Final days will be interesting.

In other news there was a new mystery Black Panther Wakanda Forever figure found in the Amazon system. This would likely be the mystery new Black Panther that I will not discuss further for fear of riling the spoiler crew.

What spoiler??

Everyone already knows that Darth Vader is T'Challa's father........
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 11:00 AM   #5967
Enforcer
Dark Knight

Come on man we just DID this for 3 pages!

Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 12:23 PM   #5968
Rj64
Agent of Shield

None of this confirmed but toynewsi posted Marvel legends 2023 potential figures and series:

Avengers Comic Wave
-Ultimate Captain America
-Extremsis Iron man
-Molecule Man
-Yelana Belova Black Widow
-Red Trenchcoat Wonder man
-Baron Von Strucker
-The Orb
- BAF Unknown

Spider-Man Comic Wave
-Ben Reilly Spider-Man
-Spider-woman
-Elektra Daredevil
-The Rose
-Miles Morales New Suit
-Tarantula
-Chasm
- BAF Unkown

X-Men Comic Wave
-Astonishing Cyclops
-Astonishing Emma Frost
-Corsair
-Kid Omega
-Monet
-Chamber
-Fang
- BAF Unkown

X-Men 60th Anniversary
- Deluxe Blob
- 5 Pack (Stryfe, Vertigo, Pretty Boy, Random, Zero)
- 3 Pack (Forge, Jubilee, Storm All Of Which Will Be In Yellow Suits)
- 3 Pack (Banshee, Gambit Psylocke All Of Which Will Be In Yellow Suits)

Avengers 60th Anniversary
-Black Knight and Sersi
-Target Exclusive Black Widow
-Walmart Exclusive Bucky Cap
-Hawkeye and Sky Cycle
-Hulk and Bruce Banner
-Iron Man MK I (first Appearance)
-Captain Marvel and Dr. Doom
-Skrull Queen (Veranke?)

and Super-Skrull
-Super-Adaptoid 12″
-Thor and the Destroyer

Fan Channel Exclusives
-Fantastic Four 2-pack Valeria and Franklin
-Avengers 2-Pack Hyperion and Dr. Spectrum
-Modern Moon Knight
-Gamerverse Spider-man 2 Peter Parker
-X-Men Outback Rogue

Spider-Man: No Way Home Wave
-Tobey
-Andrew
-Tom
-Matt Murdock
-MJ
-Sandman
-Green Goblin
- BAF Unknown

- Spider-Man No Way Home Deluxe Doc Ock
Rj64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 12:27 PM   #5969
4lott
Master of the Universe

Safari Jacket Wonderman could be good as long as it’s under $40
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 12:57 PM   #5970
VincentVega
Cobra Trooper

Blob! I need him but I'm scared of the price. Probably $80 with the price of current figures.
VincentVega is offline   Reply With Quote